Berlin 'sex academy' offers tips for visitors

BERLIN (Reuters Life!) - Wannabe Latin lovers can improve their technique by playing with the erogenous zones of naked mannequins at a new interactive exhibition that has now opened in Berlin.

The "Amora sex academy" that opened in Berlin on Thursday welcomes visitors with the wry slogan, "Finally -- an exhibition for those who always have to touch everything."

More than 50 interactive displays guide visitors through the intimate areas of the male and female bodies, offering helpful tips on everything from striptease to oral sex and how to achieve a perfect orgasm.

"A lot of couples come in here together to learn something," said Uta Barkow, the manager of the Beate Uhse sex chain which is hosting the academy. "It's been very well received so far. A lot of exhibits have that 'aha' effect on a lot of people."

The show features several life-sized plastic models, naked and in various positions. One female mannequin light ups when touched in the right spot. A voice shrieks "That's it!" when the visitor manages to put his finger on the elusive G-spot.

Next to it is what the museum called its "Spank-o-meter." It measures the level of pleasure a mannequin receives when spanked with a leather whip.

"So far we've had just as many women in here as men," Barkow said. "Women coming in tend to have fewer inhibitions while the men tend to be a bit more embarassed."

The museum also shows film clips of various sexual positions, including the "Italian chandelier" that the viewer learns can burn up to 920 calories per hour.

Founded by Frenchman Johan Rizki, the sex academy opened in London earlier this year and is also due to come to Barcelona.

http://ca.yahoo.com/s/934866

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

ha ha ... "museum" ... apparently the Amora "sex theme park" was also in London, England, at the Trocadero Centre, from July 2007 to April 2008 (www.amoralondon.com) before going on tour in its current form as the Amora "Experience" ...

Featured on the London website, and not mentioned in the above article: "The Orgasm Tunnel"("Get inside an orgasm itself, passing through a sensory 'tunnel'"); a cocktail lounge serving aphrodisiac drinks; a boutique selling "instruments of pleasure"; an art gallery where "sensuality meets art" ...

not to mention the "parties", "performances", and "workshops", or the invitation to come and see their "on-site sex therapists" for "personal advice" ... hmmm ... gotta love "academia" ...

p-spot practice:

image_355275_180_180.jpg

Aphrodisiac Lounge:

london-amora-6.jpg

Wrinkled, Great addition to the thread.

I tried to give you some rep for your post but seeing I already have gave you some recently, it's telling me to spread it around.

Mod. If I want to give rep. I should be able to give rep.

Guest W***ledi*Time
it's telling me to spread it around.

thanks WU! ha ha ... nothing wrong with "spreading it around", it's why we all love this hobby ...

Mod. If I want to give rep. I should be able to give rep.

Your not exactly asking a question here but I will give you the answer since you don't realize on your own why you can't do this.

It is set up this way to prevent abuse. Someone could open a fake account, build the fake account up and increase the other accounts reputation levels (unethically). A free-for-all system has no merit and is useless but I would have thought that this would be common sense.

Why would you not just PM me and ask why it is this way instead of posting like this? Your post comes off as demanding (bad attitude).

Next time you don't like the way we do something here how about asking us why first (by PM) - if you take the time to ask in a PM we will take the time to reply.