The big O more confident?

Is it my imagination? Or are there more Ottawa postings than other cities across Canada?

If so is it because the higher posters are located in the capital and thus skew the numbers (now that Emma A is in the big O)?

Or is it the name of the city... the big O?

(I did a search but did not see a similar thread)

Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver have dedicated boards. The Toronto one has an Ottawa section, but this board is where many O-town people hang out. There is also a significant Winnipeg crowd here too, for similar reasons.

Guest W***ledi*Time
Is it my imagination? Or are there more Ottawa postings than other cities across Canada?

Yup, the bulk of CERB is Ottawa, with 73% of regional postings. Winnipeg is second with 8%, and the East Coast is third with 6%. There are a number of "other" review boards across Canada that centre on other cities and regions -- for example, Montreal, Toronto, the West, Pacific, etc.

Over the years, clients and providers have no doubt devoted their clicks to the boards that they find have turned out to be the most useful for the city or region where they live or operate. Activity on any specific board for any specific area tends to attract more similar activity and more and more users to that board. At some point, the "cyber-gravity" pull created by the number of users for each site becomes entrenched, and the cyber-geographical landscape that splits users amongst the various boards emerges.

Of course, CERB does fight this cyber-gravity by differentiating itself as a recommendation board, as opposed to a review board.

Totally unrelated - but worthy of a mention - and pardon the hijack.... Wrinkled - I like your signature.

Nova Scotia: where the Sun may set, but the Motion of the Ocean goes on forever ...

Guest W***ledi*Time
Wrinkled - I like your signature.

ha ha ... thanks seymour ... I pitched that slogan to the N.S. Tourism Department, but for some reason they didn't feel they could use it, lol

Actually the reason is that Ottawa is the capital and a big government town, and all of us feds make it our job to F*** the rest of the country. :lol:

Or so everyone out west tells me.. LOL

ha ha ... thanks seymour ... I pitched that slogan to the N.S. Tourism Department, but for some reason they didn't feel they could use it, lol

Nova Scotia: where the Sun may set, but the Motion of the Ocean goes on forever ...

Their loss, as it's a great slogan.

Guest B***ke Ba****

The sun may set? I all ways thought it rises there and sets in west so I don't get it?

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest W***ledi*Time
The sun may set? I all ways thought it rises there and sets in west so I don't get it?

ha ha ha ... a flat-earth theorist ... so by that logic the sun would always be overhead in Ottawa, neither rising nor setting ... that would explain a lot of things ... such as some federal politicians behaving like they're suffering from the after-effects of sunstroke ...

p.s. any doubts that the sun does indeed set on the East Coast, check out the signature photo ... taken on the shore 30 km from my house ... the camera is pointed west across the Bay of Fundy, directly towards Ottawa ...

the optical theory of mirages tells us that mirage images can be refracted, over distances of thousands of miles, via atmospheric temperature-inversion ... maybe the Big Beautiful Buttocks over the Bay is really a refracted mirage-image of someone in Ottawa ... if so, the temperature-inversion in this case would no doubt have been caused by all the hot air rising off Parliament Hill ...