So, which movie Sound Track do you love? I like Legends of the Fall, Last of the Mohicans and Dances with the Wolves as well as Witness. If you haven't heard any of these then check them out! They are great to relax too!

I don't know that I could name one of his films over the others in this regard, but I have to say one of Quentin Tarantino's biggest strengths is the music picks he includes in his movies.

I also have to give a nod to Ravenous. The movie would not have been the same without that music; gives me chills!

I'll second your nomination of Last of the Mohicans, and also offer up A Fistfull of Dollars, some of the Lord of the Rings tracks, and--why not?--even the bagpipes in Braveheart when I'm feeling like channeling my inner Scot (Ladies like a man in a kilt, right?)

• Like 1

I love the soundtrack to the television show Twin Peaks and the prequel follow up Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

Angelo Badalamenti is an amazing composer that has done not only Twin Peaks but also Mulholland Drive amongst others. Fantastic music to play in the background whilst entertaining : )

• Like 2

There are a couple of different ways to look at this question.

For instance the twin peaks, lord of the rings references, These are great scores and original music. I'd put the classic spaghetti western like the good, the bad, and the ugly or Fistful of Dollars in there too. The music is essential.

On the other hand there are soundtracks, usually not original music, but after you've seen the movie you can't hear that song again without thinking of the movie. Your probably own the soundtrack and listen to it on its own. This is my favorite and a couple of directors are masters at it.

- Stanley Kubrick - music is core in clockwork orange, 2001 a space odyssey

- Quentin Tarentino - especially in reservoir dogs and pulp fiction

Then there is the soundtrack to 'stand by me' and 'big chill'. Wow. I listen to both of these on CD regularly, no movie required.

For the more modern listeners (its still 20 years old) we have the soundtrack to Clerks, or The Crow. Both stand on their own.

Then there is Apocalypse Now! You have the opening scene (The End by the doors), you have the greatest image for the ride of the valkyries (Wagner) ever. And you've got 'can't get no satisfaction' on the riverboat (matched admirably by the opening credits to the tv show, 'tour of duty' which makes paint-it-black iconic).

• Like 1