American Courtesans: Our Unsung Healers

Very interesting, thanks for posting. These sorts of independent films are rather tough to get a hold of, right?

• Like 1

An update: As the viewership is expected to be rather eclectic, a non-theatrical release is planned for mid-July on cable, VoD, DVD and BluRay in the U.S. I'm not sure about these channels in Canada but it is slated out on DVD here on 10/1.

FR

Edited by futileresistenz
corrected a typo

Guest S****r

If anyone ever knows where to get it or see it in Ottawa, I would really like to know. I'd like very much to watch it. It seems important to me.

Thanks

I just finished watching this film! It's available now on iTunes for rent or sale.

Definitely recommended! :) I loved it! When I watch stuff like this, it just makes me even more proud of who I am and what I am doing!

You can see the trailer and lots of info here:

http://www.americancourtesans.com/index.php

Tell your friends! ;)

• Like 1

Guest S****r

Ladies, see my invitation/suggestion for an Ottawa film screening in the SP section.

Guest realnicehat

Wow, I just watched this film and it is extremely powerful. If you plan on seeing it you should be prepared. This is not a lighthearted documentary, it will put you through your paces emotionally.

I was saddened, sickened, curious, hopeful and inspired. I've been pretty clear in my posting that I have nothing but respect for the ladies of this profession but having watched this perhaps admiration is a better word.

The naive side of me would like to think that the stories in this film are anomalies, that none the woman I have met have ever had to face abuse or violence, loss or desertion, desperation or hopelessness. Sadly, I know this hasn't been the case for everyone.

I hope that in this digital era, where accessibility to media is easier than ever, that this film will get at least some of the attention it deserves.

The world needs to see what the men of Cerb already know........