SP's - How Did You Choose Your Stage Names?

Kind of similar to the thread on how we all got our CERB handles, but this is aimed toward the SP's here.

I know that discretion may be one of the main reasons of using a stage name and what not, but I am curious how you decided on what name to choose for yourself as a SP? How did it come about? Was it a nickname? Or was it the genious of your mind that came up with it?

Discuss:)

Guest K***e D****ls

Well, I started with an agency called Lace And Stilettos, which is no longer around. They named me Callie. When I went independent, I didn't want a new start, but had to change my name. Callie, Kylie. Potato, po-ta-toe. haha Daniels comes from my love of Jack Daniels and the Charlie Daniels Band. And there you have it!

Edited by K***e D****ls

I wanted something that was classy yet easy to pronounce, as well as not common (when I first became Emily there were only 2 others in Toronto and they were both asian) Rushton comes from "The Rushton" restaurant in Toronto, when I lived there it was one of my favourite places to go for dinner.

• Like 6

I wanted something that was classy yet easy to pronounce.

For some, Soleil is a real challenge to pronounce. Despite the fact that my website address link is ingeniously (if I do say so myself) phonetically spelled out, as well as acts as an invitation or even an exasperation, lol I figured everyone would get it as a big hint on how to pronounce my name. But nope. I still get calls asking for Sewleel. lol That's okay though. Once I correct them, I can just imagine what they're thinking; 'Oh Solay! Now that makes more sense.'

As far as why I chose the name Soleil, there are a few good reasons why I did. Firstly, I am half French and was raised that way. I love the language and the way some French names just sexily roll off the tongue was one of my first criteria. However, I needed one that could easily be anglicised as not everyone knows or speaks French. When I chose Soleil, I didn't think the pronunciation was going to be a big issue at all. Because it means the Sun which is warm and inviting, as well as mood-lifting and upbeat, I thought it suited me well. The fact that it's unique and not common is the best part. I wish I could trademark it. lol

• Like 9

People always used to comment on my Eastern Euro looks, so I looked for an Eastern Euro name that sounded like something I would actually change my name to. I figured if I did it that way, it would feel "natural" (and it does). Eva was the one I felt most drawn to, and made me feel the prettiest.

The "Adore" part came from the song Ava Adore, which got stuck in my head as I was looking for names (since I chose Eva, which I pronounce EEE-va, not AY-va). I thought it was funny and ironic, so I kept it.

I recently added the "Bancroft" since I love the Lara Croft video games and character. Angelina Jolie is one of my favorite actresses, and I loved her in the Tomb Raider movies as Lara. It also makes me feel regal and stately, and the meaning of the name is "on a high hill overlooking a large meadow" according to the website I found it on.

• Like 4

Malika Fantasy.

When I started I had no ideas what to pick, so I choose a name that was close to my heart. Malika in arabic mean princess/queen. When I was younger my great grandfather use to call me this way as I was his first grand daughter...so it's a name I found sweet and it's not too much out of nowhere that I feel weird being call this way...plus it's an uncommon name so I knew not that many people would have it.

Fantasy...because I couldn't figure out a "family" name to add to my email address...and I figure well since I am selling a fantasy...

If I could I would change my name now but I've been around for a bit too long

• Like 1

I simply liked the name Cristy but also wanted my name to be somewhat descriptive, so I added curves to it:)However I do tire of things quickly and my name is one of those things. I have been thinking of changing it, just not sure to what:

• Like 2

It was when I first arrived in Canada and I was still living in my car. I was standing in the phone booth on the corner of Catherine/Bank St. calling agencies out of the Sun trying to get someone to hire me and when the first one asked for my name I looked up at the street sign and there it was, Catherine! "cat" was my nickname as a child, my father told everyone that I was a cat because he believed I had 9 lives. The St.Claire is an old family name and it had a nice ring...

cat

• Like 4