new post section and advertising ads

Mod suggested posting here as I've reached out to him for help on this.

When I post my advertising ad in the Halifax section it then NEVER appears under the new post section of the main forum, why? Mod feels that because its my ad it just can't be seen by me, but I suggested any other new thread I start will be seen by me when I click the "new post" at the top of the page. Anyone want to help or make suggestions?

Not sure if it's going to help or not (or answer your questions), but posts i make (or threads i start for that matter as far as i noticed) never appear on the "new posts" section when i view it right after, though it should if someone else looks at that section.

• Like 1

Cristy, I can see your new ad in the "new posts" link. I think, if you post something, the computer understands you have already seen it, so therefore it is not in the new post link.

Once I hit view, read it, then go back to "new posts", it is no longer under this link, as it is no longer a new post "to me". However, for those that have not viewed your ad, they will see it in the new posts link.

You do see your post on the main page though - in the Latest posts area?

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Guest S****r

I think it is on the main page under latest posts that she is referring to. I get the same thing. Sometimes my own appears there, but most of the time it does not. I don't mean the New Posts tab at the top, but the main page with latest posts. It is very spotty. Mine does NOT appear, more often than it DOES appear.