That is tragic. I took my significant other there on Tuesday night (we were visiting Winnipeg for a couple days) and he thought it was a unique place. It's not "Wicked Sex Club" in Toronto, but has a certain charm. :-)

There are a lot of great memories there. I hope Chai can open up shop again.

I've heard comments that the place wasn't up to fire code. I know nothing about how this works. What was wrong with the layout of the place that made it not up to code? Just curious.

That will be something that will come out in a report in time. But lets put it this way if the proper equipment had of been in place no one die's. It mite be safe to say hardwired smoke alarms one in every room of the building.

I have to say that after a night of heavy drinking. My building fire alarm went off and I continued to sleep through it. It was my son coming in my room having to fully wake me.

For the record I don't drink anymore. So if it goes off I hear it.

It was reported that a few fella's woke the young one up but he was in a daze, looked around, they ran for safty and assumed he just went back to sleep. So much speculation.

The thing I hate the most is it's a he said she said, and piles of speculation. Only time is going to tell what really happened.

As for Chai he was a very responsible person and I gave him a pile of ideas for the upstairs. I can't see him not having it fire regulated. So for all the gossiper's that need to try to figure out whats going on how did it happen? I heard, he said, she said. Put it to rest. Chai is grieving right now and bad!

I feel like we are dealing with Sydnee's case again, when none of us really knew/know what went on. We just follow the news. I think I'm going to pull a Madonna and never read or watch the news again, it's just depressing

Now that the story has been published it is safe to say something that I already knew right from the start. The lack of fire safety inspections and adequate smoke alarms would have helped and maybe saved a life or two in this fire. The wrongful death suits should be worth hundreds of thousands.