Female Orgasims: National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior

The National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior conducted in the U.S. was published in 2010. It's the largest and most comprehensive sexual survey conducted to date, with 5800 participants between the ages of 14-94. Here are 3 interesting findings related to female orgasims. The first one of course isn't surprising. The second one is good to know. The third one is very interesting.

1. About 85% of men report that their partner had an orgasm at the most recent sexual event; this compares to the 64% of women who report having had an orgasm at their most recent sexual event. (A difference that is too large to be accounted for by some of the men having had male partners at their most recent event.)

2.Men are more likely to orgasm when sex includes vaginal intercourse; women are more likely to orgasm when they engage in a variety of sex acts and when oral sex or vaginal intercourse is included. When all five basic (sex) acts identified by the study (penile-vaginal intercourse or PVI, solo masturbation, mutual masturbation, oral sex and anal sex) are included in a session the women report having orgasims 90% of the time.

3. A higher percentage of women reported having an orgasm during their last sexual encounter when their partner was a nonrelationship partner (81% of women) as compared with a relationship partner (58% of women)."

Nothing really shocking here at all. Although I find it sad that there still seems to be a lot of "faking" going on and that ladies in relationships have fewer orgasms then those in a fuck buddy situation. The variety of acts equally more orgasms is pretty self explanatory. Many women need time to reach orgasm so with the extra variety of positions and stimulations, it is easier to attain.

The interesting thing is that these numbers are basically balanced with the same survey questions I've read over the years which says the problem is being maintained not repaired. That leads me to wonder why especially since sex seems to be a more open topic nowadays with many more avenues of "acceptable" expression.

• Like 1

I agree with you Midnite....it does seem strange that the results of these surveys haven't changed over the past number of years....anyone have any theories as to why this may be?

• Like 1