I've "feeling" my way around your site, joined several groups. I've tried messaging individuals having get togethers but I never get any response. As a new member is there a secret code or handshake? How do you break the

I'm a very friendly person, intelligent, I take care of myself physically love to meet people, very sociable.

I joined this web site to experience something new meet new people, not working out as well as I thought.

Not every lady accepts PMs, it's usually stated in her ads what the best way to contact is. An email may get a quicker response, and a text, or best, a phone call, should get you a response :)

• Like 2

My advice is to have a little patience, you've been here maybe a week. Want a date make a phone call and talk to the lady in question. It's not going to fall into your lap immediately, go to the info and faq section at the top of the page and do a little research and you will get a lot out of this site.

• Like 1

I'd agree with what others have said ...

No secret handshake, but here are a few tips.

If you're expecting to set up a date immediately ... like for today ... many ladies don't operate that way. Especially the more established and popular. They may have some immediate availability, but often will not. Many prefer to advance book. So if you pm saying you'd like to meet today, and they don't have availability, they may simply not reply. Don't take it personally. they are busy, and if they can't accomodate you they may not respond. Other ladies prefer to book for more immediate dates. And that is great. It all depends on what you are looking for. But if the lady says pre-booking is recommended, and you want something for an hour from now, well, you are likely out of luck. Heck, she might not even see your message until after the time you wanted has passed, in which case she definitely won't be replying.

I always pre-book, often weeks in advance. Sometimes months depending on my travel schedule. Only with someone who was a long-time regular would I ever just send a message saying "hi, thinking of you right now ... could you see me today?". first time meetings are, it seems to me, particularly important to pre-book.

Other ladies do have availabiiltiy more immediately. So check the schedule announcements, and the shoutbox. If you are looking to pre-book for next week or into the future, be patient. It may take a couple of days for someone to get back to you. When I contact someone for the first time, I'm not surprised if I don't hear from them for several days. After a week, I'd likely send a follow-up e-mail. But if I heard nothing after that I would likely move on.

Again, don't take it personally.

The other thing, of course, is to contribute to the board. Engage in conversations, and build a reputation here. You are starting to do that, which is great.

Finally, there are numerous threads here about what ladies like to see in a first contact. Read them and follow the advice. Read the ladies ad and website, and follow the protocols established. If it's e-mail and not pm, make sure you e-mail. If it's phone, not text, don't text. It's easy, in the excitement, to just dash off a message in the most convenient way possible, but it really is critical to follow the lady's protocol. If she asks for a reference, and you don't have one, explain that in your message, and ask if there is some other way you can provide verification. Be up front, polite, and most of all patient.

If you do all that, believe me, you will be amply rewarded.

Porthos

• Like 2

Thanks for answering so quickly, but in my case these where from other members not sps and contact was requested by pm. When I message sp or ma they always answer. This was within a group discussing an upcoming party and were looking for interested people.

Sorry ... I think we misunderstood. Social's and parties are, from what I understand, often reserved for members who have a longer track record on the board. usually at least 6 months presence. These are private parties, organized through the board, by members of the board, but they are not an official CERB function.

Again, don't take it personally.

Porthos

• Like 2

Guest realnicehat

I agree with Porthos.

While I have little knowledge of the groups or member get togethers it would seem logical that you would need to take some time to establish yourself on the board. Most people are cautious about letting someone from an online setting in to their lives. With a join date less than two weeks old and very few posts aside from newbie questions people are likely going to view you with a careful eye.

As Porthos said, if you take a bit of time to establish yourself I'm sure that you will have better luck.

I agree with all the comments so far, if you do a little surfing on here then you're going to have a great time... you have mentioned that you are looking to meet people on this site, but I would ask you if you mean you are looking for companionship from one of the ladies or you just want to chat and pm and post as an online member? If its the latter you may never get enough references to be invited to a social or to even get a response to a pm for a booking request.... just sayin!

• Like 1