Civil Discourse

I've been popping in here from time to time, and I can't help but notice how polite and civil people here are. Much more than, say, Parliament. Or Congress during President Obama's address.

I think we should send MOD south of the border and run him for President in 2012. And maybe we should find some hobbyists and ladies here to run as MPs in the upcoming election. The CERB Party of Canada. It has a ring to it!

Maybe if we could just get some decent, respectful people into Parliament and Congress, who could be counted upon to lead by example and truly embrace moderation, we could clean up our economy and improve some outstanding issues.

(Hell, I'd settle for some CERBies on the Ottawa City Council!)

You have to be a US citizen to run for President (Good ole Arnold knows this all too well)... and I suspect many people in the USA will want Obama to run for a second term. I was very impressed with his heath care initiatives.... I hope he is not all talk!

On that non-us citizen thing... it's too bad cause I think Arnold would be a great Prez!

Hmmm, that's funny. I thought I heard somewhere the President Obama wasn't born in the US. ;)

(Seriously, I'd be thrilled if President Obama survives this term. There are some scary people down there. Showing up to political rallies with weapons?? Yeeks!)

he'll survive the term, if for no other reason then who do they have to put in his place? ;)

that being said, i'm sure there are a lot of people disappointed in his failure to perform. how does the song go ... "Don't Believe the Hype"

I was never that impressed with him in he first place -- I was uncomfortable with the "American Idol" style of hysteria over him. I am an American myself (... well, technically, on paper -- I've been here for the better part of three decades, so I'm probably more Canadian than American now), but the truth is, a big part of the problem with the United States is the American people themselves. But they'll never vote for anybody who comes right out and tells them that to their faces. Too, anyone who dares to take on any of the big lobbies will find his (or her) shoelaces tied together every time they turn around, and photoshopped pics of him/herself in bed with sheep (and not on top). And the American people are easily duped by this.

So anyone who speaks the truth to the American people will never get elected. And anyone who dares to take on the powerful interests that are killing the nation will be made to look a fool or a scoundrel in front of a gullible American public, who will swallow it hook, line and sinker. So that really doesn't leave much hope, does it.

I actually believe that the US is in a civil war. I'm sure it will get much worse, but when historians look back at this time, they'll see that it had already started by now.

Guest s******ecan****

MOD does a fantastic job as many of us have pointed out at one time or another but lets also remember that the CERB members (SP's and hobbyists) are I think generally good natured people that are more interested in being positive than in pursuing negative flame wars.

Scott not only as you have observed but I think that the mean of the posters on this board is way more mature and level headed than your average politician ..... this comeing from a former politician LOL

Lok318

MOD does a fantastic job as many of us have pointed out at one time or another but lets also remember that the CERB members (SP's and hobbyists) are I think generally good natured people that are more interested in being positive than in pursuing negative flame wars.