antlerman rant......long overdue....

Hilarious, yet so true. I see this happen every Friday in my neighbourhood and it is truly pathetic how lazy some people really are. I love spending my friday afternoon raking my front lawn of other people's crap.

I will await your rant on the blue & black boxes.

Guest S***e

I live in a fairly expensive condominium and some residents feel that the Condo Corp should pick up after them because the pay condominium fees. I find myself having to pick up litter, garbage and recycleables from several units that blows near my unit. More often than not I know where it has come from and I have no problem returning it to them in person or to their trash cans/recycle bins. My hours are flexible and sometimes I'm home during the daytime and sometimes I'm not. I have one idiot neighbour who will put out his trash and recycleables (papers) etc. during howling winds and watch it blow around the grounds...total moron!

Many residents have complained about people who do stupid things like this at the annual condo meetings. If the Condo Corp has to clean up after them, the offending residents should be billed for it accordingly.

Single family homes of which I've owned many as well over the years require people to be a little more neighbourly but there's always the village idiot who puts their trash out the night before be it insecured or loose and it blows to your property. Just plain rude and inconsiderate but that's the way society is nowadays I'm afraid.

My biggest issue is with litterbugs and take out food cups and wrappers being discarded all over the place....jerks!!!

Good rant.

Guest gagagaga

the collectors come around at 0600, so we have to put the trash out the night before, but i can honestly say that I have never seen any ripped bags or anything of the sort. I guess I just live in a good neighborhood of smart people.

Guest S***e

I think you are very fortunate in that regard JB. I would have thought that given the high level of income in my neighbourhood it would equate to some degree of intelligence, however that sort of corrolation is scattered to say the least.

the collectors come around at 0600, so we have to put the trash out the night before, but i can honestly say that I have never seen any ripped bags or anything of the sort. I guess I just live in a good neighborhood of smart people.

well in my area we have to put it out the night before because they start collecting at 5:30 am. There are some that will put it out the morning before and then it sits in the sun all day.

The racoons in our Toronto neighbourhood know how to open the "animal proof" lids. I didn't beleive it until I saw it for myself. LOL

well in my area we have to put it out the night before because they start collecting at 5:30 am. There are some that will put it out the morning before and then it sits in the sun all day.

I did live in an area where collection was like that.......so you either had a proper garbage box at the end of your lane or you preparred the garbage the night before...and at 5am you would run out in a jacket and place it on the curb...ten jump back in the warm bed for a little more sleep.

The racoons in our Toronto neighbourhood know how to open the "animal proof" lids. I didn't beleive it until I saw it for myself. LOL

Amazing little creatures aren't they...........

we have no problem with critters where i am because the neighbour has a teenage soon with a pellet gun that just love garabage night

Guest s******ecan****

in my neighbourhood the G-men always do our pick up late afternoon between 3 and 4, without fail. Yet myself and the guy across the street are the only ones who put our trash out in the AM, everyone else does it the night before. Every week there is at least one set of bags that are hunted down by the critters.

Yet they persist, I just don't get it.

Guest S**r***e

Same thing happens in my neighbourhood outside of Ottawa. Everyone puts their garbage out the night before. Now, I have yet to see any crittes get into it in my general vicinity but it is only a matter of time. Myself, I prepare my garbage the night before to be put out in the morning. It takes me all of 30 seconds in the morning to put it at the curb before heading to work. So far, I believe I am the only one in my neighbourhood that does this. Far as I can tell, nearly all my neighbours either leave for work before me or right around the same. I don't get it.