coping and pasting

Anyone want to give me any clues as to what I may have done to eliminate my ability to copy and paste graphics or pics from sites such as spice comments and other comment/graphic sites. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest S*rca****sid
Anyone want to give me any clues as to what I may have done to eliminate my ability to copy and paste graphics or pics from sites such as spice comments and other comment/graphic sites. Any help would be appreciated.

The sites may have enabled a function to curtail people from copying images from their site. Like many things online, their are no absolute solution... except to not put it online in the first place. There are a few workarounds. All web browsers have a cache and essentially they temporarily store anything you "browse".

This may lead someone to think the next time they try to copy an image and it doesn't work. How would they feel if the tables were turned?

The sites may have enabled a function to curtail people from copying images from their site. Like many things online, their are no absolute solution... except to not put it online in the first place. There are a few workarounds. All web browsers have a cache and essentially they temporarily store anything you "browse".

This may lead someone to think the next time they try to copy an image and it doesn't work. How would they feel if the tables were turned?

Thanks for your response but the sites I'm speaking of are set up to allow coping of their graphics . Some of which I had posted on my web page but now are no longer visible. I wonder if it could have anything to do with my adobe flash which I erased by mistake and can't seem to download as I need to shut down internet explorer to do this and I don't know how.:(

Guest S*rca****sid

If the site is set up to allow people to copy, then there usually is button or link to download. Can you post the link to the website and see if I can download.

If you can't see the flash images, then it's probably because you don't have flash. Go to the adobe website, download flash and follow the prompts. Then restart your browser. I would like to add that I would suggest you use Firefox or Chrome instead of internet explorer.

Cristy, are you able to see the images on the site but you just can't copy them? Or are the images themselves not visible at all?

I'd never heard of "spice comments" but when I go to that page none of the images are showing (instead there is are small icons of a broken page, representing links that aren't working). If that's the case, the problem might be with the site and not on your end.

As for re-downloading Adobe, you can usually do that without changing anything in Explorer. You can download the program from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (click the orange "download here" button and then follow the on screen instructions).

If a box doesn't pop up giving you the option to save the file, you might have an antivirus stopping it from downloading. But in that case, usually a bar will appear near the top of your browser giving you the option of allowing the pop-up.

• Like 1

Cristy, are you able to see the images on the site but you just can't copy them? Or are the images themselves not visible at all?

I'd never heard of "spice comments" but when I go to that page none of the images are showing (instead there is are small icons of a broken page, representing links that aren't working). If that's the case, the problem might be with the site and not on your end.

As for re-downloading Adobe, you can usually do that without changing anything in Explorer. You can download the program from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (click the orange "download here" button and then follow the on screen instructions).

If a box doesn't pop up giving you the option to save the file, you might have an antivirus stopping it from downloading. But in that case, usually a bar will appear near the top of your browser giving you the option of allowing the pop-up.

Holly crap it worked! I don't know what is different as I've tried to download it many times using that same link but it would never let me finish, it would stop and say I needed to turn off internet explorer. A big thanks:)

But about spice comments you are right none of the images are displaying on that site now, so its not just my computer:), thanks for looking into that, perhaps there is something going on with the site.