Random Discussion: Hobbies!

Hey guys, I like starting random discussion threads, so here's the random discussion of the day:

What are your hobbies?

Myself, I am a HUUUGE knitter, and any crafting in general really. I love art of all kinds so I like to draw, paint, scrapbook, do digital art... I've always been a "modder" by nature so I generally like to modify things in some way to make it "mine" - unique and original. I guess that's why I want to take up a sewing or seamstress class, as I've dreamt of learning to make my own clothes/shoes for AGES.

Other than that, I love to read - especially awful, trashy romance novels (they are AWFULLY DELIGHTFUL nyuk nyuk nyuk) and learn. Language has always been an interest of mine, and I have learned (and lost) several languages over my life - French, Spanish, some German and started learning Russian and Czech, but over time I have lost them because I don't speak them often enough... One of those cases of "use it or lose it" I'm afraid.

And ummm... I'm a huge nerd, so I like playing video games a lot. I'm an introvert, so I tend to gravitate towards solitary hobbies as you can tell (lol). I play World of Warcraft, StarCraft 2, Anno 2070, Diablo 3, The Sims, all kinds of puzzle games (I love puzzles!), and whatever else I find on Steam that peaks my interest.

What about you guys?! What are you into?

• Like 3

Travel - I have a true passion to see as much of the world as I can. I've been very fortunate in pursuing this passion thus far.

I also like wine as a hobby. Tasting, researching, collecting and of course drinking wine. I often combine these 2 hobbies.

• Like 1

I've been known to grace the WoW on occasion *blush* I as well love to read, I appreciate good wines and whiskies, and awesome culinary adventures. Now on to the other spectrum of my interests, I firmly believe that every human being should jump out of a perfectly good plane at least once a week. I love skydiving. When I can't do that I'm a bit of a tinkerer, my project right now is the Harley I'm building in my shed. I have a fetish for tattoos and other similar art, I have one sleeve and a few large pieces, currently working on the other. When all else fails, nothing beats laying in a hammock on a sunny day or sitting around the campfire on a cool autumn night!

• Like 1

Travel for sure, this year I've driven all over the States, next year will bring Costa Rica, Newfoundland, and possibly the Yukon

Baking

Reading

Biking

Exercise

Playing on cerb

Masturbating

I used to be crafty, my speciality was making personalized sock monkies for friends. I should get back into crafting. I'd love to knit but I have three cats so there is no point, they would just jump at the yarn. This winter for sure I intend to teach myself French, I meant to last winter but failed miserably.

• Like 4

Travel. Europe, Japan, some part of North America. I am leaving in barely a month for a 5 weeks trip in Europe.

-Ropes. I am crazy obsess with rope bondage. Hell, I travelled halfway across the world, for it and will do it again!

-Videos games. Wow, Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Diablo 3...as long as it's RPG and on PC I am most likely willing to play it.

-Discovering new wines and cheeses

• Like 2

Guest realnicehat

Things I love doing (although I haven't done them enough lately):

Taking pictures. I seldom happier than when I have a camera in my hands.

Kayaking. Keep your noisy power toys. I do not feel the need, the need for speed.

Travel...love it but not really a hobby.

I used to like video games but they've outgrown me. I just want to walk/run/jump/fly from the left side of the screen to the right, always going in the same direction. I want a direction pad and an A & B button. I just need to jump and shoot. Fuck your C's and D's, your X's and O's and + and...I can't even make a god damned triangle!

Um....sorry, apparently anger is another hobby. Fortunately red wine and good whiskey compensate.

I also really like TV. Lazy man's hobby, but still.

Ok, that's enough.

OH! Word Games! (as long as I'm winning)

Guest realnicehat
I forgot one.

Dance Dance Revolution. Yes, seriously. Usually played with no pants on (cause that's how I roll).

No Pants Pants Dance Dance Revolution?

That could be my new favourite show. Make it happen :) Please.

Olderguy:

Travel - I have a true passion to see as much of the world as I can. I've been very fortunate in pursuing this passion thus far.
- Where have you traveled to? Where are you going next?!

I also like wine as a hobby. Tasting, researching, collecting and of course drinking wine. I often combine these 2 hobbies.
- LOL! Yes, I think I much prefer the drinking part too :P

Cltchmcg:

I've been known to grace the WoW on occasion *blush*
- Hey, nothing wrong with a little nerding out!

Now on to the other spectrum of my interests, I firmly believe that every human being should jump out of a perfectly good plane at least once a week.
- *gasp* OOOOHmygoodness, I don't think I could do it... I am terrified of heights, I don't think I would enjoy that! lol! What got you into that hobby?

I have a fetish for tattoos and other similar art, I have one sleeve and a few large pieces, currently working on the other.
- Mmmmm, tattooooos *heart* Who is your artist of choice, or are you a wanderer like me?

Cleo:

Travel for sure, this year I've driven all over the States, next year will bring Costa Rica, Newfoundland, and possibly the Yukon
- SOOO Jealous!!! Do you drive in your car or do you have an RV type thing? That would be so cool!! I went from Ottawa to Victoria by Greyhound/Ferry a couple of years ago, it was the most lifechanging experience I've ever had. Good on you!

I used to be crafty, my speciality was making personalized sock monkies for friends. I should get back into crafting.
- You definitely should, cats be darned!!! You could knit yourself a skein-holder-bag-thingy so they can't really play with it. I have a couple patterns I could send you!

This winter for sure I intend to teach myself French, I meant to last winter but failed miserably.
- Great idea! French isn't too bad as long as you have someone to practice with (imo).

Malika:

Travel. Europe, Japan, some part of North America. I am leaving in barely a month for a 5 weeks trip in Europe.
- That's totally cool! Where in Europe are you going, or are you just gonna wing it?? I have a lot of family there, I want to go one day.

-Ropes. I am crazy obsess with rope bondage. Hell, I travelled halfway across the world, for it and will do it again!
- I have seen some really cool rope pictures on here and around the internet and I think it's super interesting; what got you into ropes, or was there always kind of a "pull" towards it?

-Videos games. Wow, Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Diablo 3...as long as it's RPG and on PC I am most likely willing to play it.
- AMEN to that!!! PC gamers UNITE!!!! lol

The amount of gorgeous women in this thread who play WoW, excuse me I need a towel...
- Bwaaahahahaha, I know right?!

Additional Comments:

No Pants Pants Dance Dance Revolution?

That could be my new favourite show. Make it happen :) Please.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg I'm dying

Additional Comments:

Kayaking. Keep your noisy power toys. I do not feel the need, the need for speed.

Travel...love it but not really a hobby.

Yay photography!!! I took a couple of courses and really loved photog too for a long time. What is your favorite subject matter (or do you have one?)

I used to like video games but they've outgrown me. I just want to walk/run/jump/fly from the left side of the screen to the right, always going in the same direction. I want a direction pad and an A & B button. I just need to jump and shoot. Fuck your C's and D's, your X's and O's and + and...I can't even make a god damned triangle!

Gahahahaha, you'd probably enjoy Escape Plan - it combines left-to-right motion with puzzles. KNOW IT, PLAY IT, LOVE IT. lawl

Um....sorry, apparently anger is another hobby. Fortunately red wine and good whiskey compensate.

I also really like TV. Lazy man's hobby, but still.

Ok, that's enough.

OH! Word Games! (as long as I'm winning)

LOL anger is everyone's hobby :P Also YES WORD GAMES ARE AWESOME. Especially when they involve several 4-letter words LOL

Cleo:

- SOOO Jealous!!! Do you drive in your car or do you have an RV type thing? That would be so cool!! I went from Ottawa to Victoria by Greyhound/Ferry a couple of years ago, it was the most lifechanging experience I've ever had. Good on you!

Just my car :) Florida, New York, and Texas, with stops in Tennessee, Washington, South Carolina, and Louisiana :)

Last year I drove all around the east coast of Canada with my best friend and her dog. Did the Cabot Trail, camped in the Bay of Fundy, went to PEI and all over NB and NS. Slept every night in the back of my wagon, in various beautiful hidden spots along the way.

I've also backpacked all over Australia, and in parts of Belize and Guatemala. I would love to go on another long backpacking excursion (Southeast Asia is top of my list, with South America being second), but since I have adopted two senior rescue dogs, my commitment to them is more important than long travels at the moment. So instead I'm looking for week-long trips that won't keep me away from them long enough for them to think they've been abandoned again.

• Like 1

Well lets see.

Camping and traveling by motorcycle (duh) Been to NL 3 times, some of NB a lot of QC which I absolutely love and some of ON as far north as Thunder Bay. Been to many eastern states as well but love New Hampshire.

Photography is another hobby. Mostly motorsports and scenics but dabble in other kinds like street photography and candid portraits.

Photoshop for creating images and artwork.

Music lover, especially independent CDN artists.

Competitive shooter, both hand gun and rifle.

That pretty much sums up who I am.

Edited by Motorbykerider
Forgot to add wine making
  • Like 1

Guest realnicehat

Eva:

Quote:

Originally Posted by realnicehat

Yay photography!!! I took a couple of courses and really loved photog too for a long time. What is your favorite subject matter (or do you have one?)

I don't really have a favourite subject. I love shooting nature, cityscapes, inanimate objects, people (but only when they aren't posing) and animals.

I just tend to grab a camera and wander.....

What about you Eva? Favourite subject?

Just my car :) Florida, New York, and Texas, with stops in Tennessee, Washington, South Carolina, and Louisiana :)

Last year I drove all around the east coast of Canada with my best friend and her dog. Did the Cabot Trail, camped in the Bay of Fundy, went to PEI and all over NB and NS. Slept every night in the back of my wagon, in various beautiful hidden spots along the way.

I've also backpacked all over Australia, and in parts of Belize and Guatemala. I would love to go on another long backpacking excursion (Southeast Asia is top of my list, with South America being second), but since I have adopted two senior rescue dogs, my commitment to them is more important than long travels at the moment. So instead I'm looking for week-long trips that won't keep me away from them long enough for them to think they've been abandoned again.

I hear you about the dog situation, I have a 9 month old Rotti pup so I can't leave her for extended periods. My plan in the future is to buy an RV, fix it up and travel around in it and blog about the whole experience.

How was Belize and Guatemala? You have some cahones, girl! I think it takes a really special kind of person to travel the world out of a car like that; wild and free! I like your gypsy spirit :) Have you always had itchy feet, or was it something that happened later?

Well lets see.

Camping and traveling by motorcycle (duh) Been to NL 3 times, some of NB a lot of QC which I absolutely love and some of ON as far north as Thunder Bay. Been to many eastern states as well but love New Hampshire.

Photography is another hobby. Mostly motorsports and scenics but dabble in other kinds.

Photoshop for creating images and artwork.

Music lover, especially independent CDN artists.

Competitive shooter, both hand gun and rifle.

That pretty much sums up who I am.

I grew up clinging to the backs of my friends as we ripped through empty streets and winding roads. There really is nothing like the wind whipping through your hair, against your face and the wild sailing all around you.

I have always wanted to learn how to shoot!!! I am so jealous!!!!

I don't really have a favourite subject. I love shooting nature, cityscapes, inanimate objects, people (but only when they aren't posing) and animals.

I just tend to grab a camera and wander.....

What about you Eva? Favourite subject?

I am very much the same, I like to grab the camera and wander around. You never know when you will glimpse The Perfect Shot. I also really love action shots of people, cityscapes, and nature. I find nature enthralling and exciting, and it provides the most diverse choice of subjects... I also like shooting random things that provoke strong feelings of nostalgia - I shot a picture of a barbie party bus sitting haphazard in a driveway... so many feelings attached to a simple picture. I love things like that; I like making people "FEEL" things through my art.

Gardening....specifically pulling weeds, those pesky invaders must be eliminated!

Reading...anything I can get my hands on but quirky fiction is my fave.

Stupid hidden treasure type games or mystery on my ipad...I tend to have a few puters on the go at one time.

Trolling around the country side visiting small towns...in a convertible or a motorcycle.

People watching on the market...and making up stories about those who interest me.

Cooking for lots of people...NOT baking!

Singing....not the next Mariah but do it all the time!

Cleaning...not a hobby but a compulsion.

• Like 1

i love to walk, and a big naturist at that also, enjoy the woods and hearing the birds singing, very much into that kind of thing, i like reading, hanging with my friends and family and meeting new friends also

• Like 1

Okey, so when are we going to start our own cerb wow guild. We can take our toons and run around doing quests naked, to keep things sexy.

I love wow and I'm trying to find more online games to play because I get board of wow sometimes. I love geeking out myself. I have many wow and junk food nights.

I love being active.

I love the outdoors.

I love to cook.

I love learning

I love trying new things

and I love traveling and exploring.

Additional Comments:

Oh, ya, sex, I love sex, got to add sex, lol.

Baking (and cooking) - it's almost a zen like moment to spend time in the kitchen. I prefer baking to cooking, as some combinations makes for interesting results.

Reading, though i dont get to do this enough at home these days. My job requires lots of reading already, so i have piles of books to go through still.

Movies; lots of good movies around, especially during film festival season. I could spend days at the theatre.

Canoeing or paddling: no better feeling than to be on the water, though i havent done any this year :-(.

Trying out new wines

Teaching french, reviewing (or translating from english) french documents (especially those written by colleagues), as it keeps me on my toes, trying the find the meaning, the intent in the text or message as french is a language full of nuances.

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e

I love woodworking ... give me hand tools and power tools and I'm a happy guy. Although it's only one of my hobbies I went to trade school part-time for the hell of it and got my cabinet makers certificate.

I'm also into motorized sports - it's kind of a hobby ... it's the best way for me to let loose and blow some steam. I love my atv, my snowmobile and my small boat.

Speaking of snowmobile, it's by far my favorite one... love it, love it, love it ... 150km/hr on a frozen lake .... heeeeehawwwwwww.

I'm also into gardening, chopping firewood, working/repairing cars

Last but not least ... I love admiring beautiful women ...

I love suntanning :-).., on a deck, beside a pool, at the lake.., looking at the ocean.., it doesnt matter i just want the sun to kiss me all over...

Also enjoy ealy morning excersice..., dancing.., listening to music...

and browsing cerb :-)

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e
I love woodworking ... give me hand tools and power tools and I'm a happy guy. Although it's only one of my hobbies I went to trade school part-time for the hell of it and got my cabinet makers certificate.

I'm also into motorized sports - it's kind of a hobby ... it's the best way for me to let loose and blow some steam. I love my atv, my snowmobile and my small boat.

Speaking of snowmobile, it's by far my favorite one... love it, love it, love it ... 150km/hr on a frozen lake .... heeeeehawwwwwww.

I'm also into gardening, chopping firewood, working/repairing cars

Last but not least ... I love admiring beautiful women ...

I can't believe I forgot this one. I'm a hardcore hunter. It's a hobby, a sport, a way of life for me. Deer, bear, turkey, rabbit, partridge ... love it, love it ... From October 1st until December 31st, you'll find me in the bush with a crossbow, a shot gun, a rifle, or a muzzle loader ....

Few hobbies of mine lately Early morning exercises, either at the gym or just a walk/run aimlessly.

Cooking/Baking. looking up straightforward recipes online to bring to the kitchen and experiment on weekends

For my introverted nature, I love looking up new music of the indie kind or really soulful vocals with great songwriting or either one. Such a band recently would be Quadron who released an album called Avalanche this summer.

I love movies, small movies with well written dialogue and content mostly but I occasionally see the big summer blockbusters full of comic book heroes.

After being at the Osheaga festival 2 weekends ago, I have fallen love with that whole music festival experience ago. Quite the thrill when there are good acts lined-up. So i hope to do like a summer trip to various festivals in the U.S and Canada and off course the famous Glastonbury in the U.K.

• Like 1

I have travelled extensively through Europe, Canada, Mexico and the US. A little bit in South America, Africa and Central America.

My next trip that I have booked is to San Salvator in December.

:)

Olderguy:

- Where have you traveled to? Where are you going next?!

- LOL! Yes, I think I much prefer the drinking part too :P

Cltchmcg:

- Hey, nothing wrong with a little nerding out!

- *gasp* OOOOHmygoodness, I don't think I could do it... I am terrified of heights, I don't think I would enjoy that! lol! What got you into that hobby?

- Mmmmm, tattooooos *heart* Who is your artist of choice, or are you a wanderer like me?

Cleo:

- You definitely should, cats be darned!!! You could knit yourself a skein-holder-bag-thingy so they can't really play with it. I have a couple patterns I could send you!

- Great idea! French isn't too bad as long as you have someone to practice with (imo).

Malika:

- That's totally cool! Where in Europe are you going, or are you just gonna wing it?? I have a lot of family there, I want to go one day.

- I have seen some really cool rope pictures on here and around the internet and I think it's super interesting; what got you into ropes, or was there always kind of a "pull" towards it?

- AMEN to that!!! PC gamers UNITE!!!! lol

- Bwaaahahahaha, I know right?!

Additional Comments:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg I'm dying

Additional Comments:

Gahahahaha, you'd probably enjoy Escape Plan - it combines left-to-right motion with puzzles. KNOW IT, PLAY IT, LOVE IT. lawl

LOL anger is everyone's hobby :P Also YES WORD GAMES ARE AWESOME. Especially when they involve several 4-letter words LOL

• Like 1

Market trading - Seriously, I got into it when I was 10, my parents ignored my advice and lost a lot of money. They then gave me the password to their account and told me I was now in charge. Paid of a good portion of my university from the money I made, recouped the losses, made a tidy profit for them. Now I play with my own account which funds hobbying. TFSA ftw!

Photography - Started this off because I was bored and I buy things on an impulse after being very thrifty for months. It's a problem, but in this case, it paid of and then some. I became pro after someone saw my work, and decided she wanted to hire me. Never looked back

Gardening - Love everything except weeds. I F'ING hate weeds.

Cerb - Not particularly a hobby, but I do find myself here a lot.

Reading - Anything, everything.

Travelling - I like to make it a point to go to at least one new country (not US) every year, as well as one new state/province. Scratched 6 of my list last year, only get to scratch one this year :(

My penis - I play with it, it brings me pleasure. Ladies play with it, it brings me even more pleasure. Yes, penis is my hobby.

• Like 2

As it stand now I enjoy PC gaming as well usually rpg.

I also enjoy kickboxing.

I enjoy fixing and making things. The satisfaction when complete and accomplishment are so rewarding.

Since I'm going through a transitional time in my life I'm trying to try new things and get out of my comfort zone. I've learned life doesn't go as planned forget the past, the future is unknown and live for the moment cause the present may be the only thing that is fore sure and worth worrying about.

• Like 1