Ovulating Strippers Make More Money

Guest W***ledi*Time

This University of New Mexico study from 2007 was mentioned in today's Globe & Mail. Fascinating.

From Psychology Today, 1 Sep 2007:

Psychologist Geoffrey Miller and colleagues tapped the talent at local gentlemen's clubs and counted tips made on lap dances. Dancers made about $70 an hour during their peak period of fertility, versus about $35 while menstruating and $50 in between.

Miller links the wage fluctuations to changes in body odor, waist-to-hip ratio, and facial features. Despite operating at the upper limits of flirtatiousness already, he says there may also be subtle shifts in their behavior?"how they talk and move when enticing a customer to buy a dance, and how they perform the dance itself."

Women on the pill averaged $37 (and had no performance peak) versus $53 for women off-pill. The contraceptive produces hormonal cues indicating early pregnancy, not an enticing target for a would-be suitor. Birth control could lead to many thousands of dollars lost every year.

The researchers were surprised that almost no one in the business had noticed the pattern before. But if you're a woman in any service-industry job looking to maximize your tips, Miller suggests scheduling more shifts for the phase right before ovulation: "It might help to know about this so that you can exploit these effects."

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200709/the-strippers-secret

interesting...yet strange........I wonder how much money he got in grant money to go watch strippers?:confused:

Guest W***ledi*Time
interesting...yet strange........I wonder how much money he got in grant money to go watch strippers?:confused:

ha ha ... good question ... from the NY Times, 9 Dec 2007:

Despite media reports to the contrary, the University of New Mexico did not pay for Geoffrey Miller and Brent Jordan to get 5,300 lap dances in two months. In fact, Miller has never even been in a strip club. And frankly, they?re getting tired of everyone?s asking.

Miller, an evolutionary psychologist at the University of New Mexico, and Jordan, his recent undergraduate research assistant, did conduct a study examining the impact ovulation has on lap dancers? tip earnings. But they gathered data via a Web site, where strippers logged in anonymously to provide information about their earnings, productivity and menstrual cycles during 296 work shifts (about 5,300 lap dances). The results: While ovulating ? and therefore the most fertile ? strippers made an average of $30 per hour more than menstruating women and $15 per hour more than women elsewhere in their cycles. Women on the pill ? who typically don?t ovulate ? made significantly less than naturally cycling women overall and had no ?estrus earning peak.?

Jordan first became aware of this phenomenon while working his way through college managing a strip club, where his duties included ?physical protection,? collecting nightly reports on women?s tips and providing dancers with tampons when necessary. Jordan noticed that the women getting tampons reported lower tips than those who didn?t. So he started collecting ?preliminary data? to analyze for his evolutionary biology coursework.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/magazine/09lapdance.html

Guest S**a*Q

I wonder if the results are that way because of pheromones and that kind of stuff.

If a woman was ovulating, she would be, physically longing/looking for a mate, whether she wants one or not... I believe that she would seem more enticing to the opposite sex, because of the pheromones that she puts out at that time.

Just a thought...

This begs the question - should I be asking an SP to schedule me only when she is ovulating as the experience might be better because she will be more into it????:roll:

In another study performed by me, I found that I had less dances from girls who were more agitated than usual, or had strings hanging from their vaginas. Still haven't figured out the correlation...

Posted via Mobile Device