Ex-boy/girlfriend's friends hitting on you after break-up!?

My sister-in-law broke-up with her long time boyfriend 2 months ago and on Saturday she was telling me how one of her ex-bf's friends whats sending her all this text and she was getting tired of them. She show me some and they start like "I heard what happened, Im sorry if you need anything..." from that they go to I can be your friend too...and then they just escalated to asking for dates and let me take you to La Senza? Really!!!!

My sis-in-law is really a good decent girl she really doesn't play that AT ALL, so she told me to handle it...BTW this dude is MARRIED! She didnt know that...so I gave him a call from her phone which he picked INSTANTLY of course lol...set him straight ASAP.

Now, same thing happened to me. I was like 22, my then bf broke-up with me and like 2 days after one of his friends was hitting me up and we did have sex a couple of times and then he just said "don't call me again, dont tell anybody" LOL!!!

So, your thoughts on this? Are friend's exes fair game, or out of the question?

I honestly would NOT hit on one of my friend's exes just to avoid all the drama, nor would I repeat what I did by having sex with one of my ex's friend again because now that I think about it, it was out of spite I was such a wild girl at that age lol..But hey... I'm on Cerb so guess this speaks for its self :-)

Sounds like 2 different scenarios...

First one you say that an EX -Bf started calling her...I can see that happening with a guy, but the being married part is a hurdle. His curiosity to RE-kindle a romance can be natural

The other though, you say was your EX-Bfs' buddy chasing you...that's different, and less honourable to his "Bro" relationship. You also say he told you to stop calling him?...so a little unclear there as to who was actually making the overtures.

Perhaps he got an attack of conscience over the betrayal to his friend by seeing you.

As a general rule ..a stiff cock has no conscience

In my opinion, a "friends ex" or your "ex's friend" should both be off the table. No2 this being said I have never been in this situation where I was hit on by my ex's friend, but I have been hit on by my friends gf's and wife's friends. Even with the insane "hotness" of some of these women, I had to decline all and kept my mouth shut about it ever happening(looking around to see if anyone recognises me).

Now anyone I have been with know I'm a true gentleman in this matter. But that is just me and I'm not like everyone else. I just find it such a dirty thing to do to one you call a friend.

• Like 1

I don't see any problem with dating a friend's ex or an ex's friend. It might be touchy depending on who ended the relation, but at the end, it comes down to one big reason. Getting a girlfriend is a lot more rare and harder then getting friends. If my friend can't understand that I need someone in my life and prefer that I stay alone out of jealousy, then I don't need him/her. If it's my ex's friend.... well, she dumped me, why should she care who I date after?

Youur two exemples are bad form though Secret_Silhouettes. In the first, he's married so I don't approve. In the second, it starts okay, but after having sex he just disappear without any reason? He should have been honest what he wanted at the start, or at least explains why he don't want to see you again.

One of my best friend is dating our other best friend's ex at the moment. The guy even seems to think the flirting started when they were still together. While he's pissed at the girl and don't really want to interact much with her anymore, he's still friend with the guy. They've been friend for so long, he doesn't want to end it just for that and I guess he kinda understand why he did it (he used to date the girl after all =P)

A lot of people say "bros before hoes" or "chicks before dicks" (i.e. that friends are more important then lovers) But if you really think about it, I don't think they really believe that. If you did, then why not live for the rest of your life with your friend(s) instead of a lover? And if you want a family, why not make one with a friend (and adopt kids). It's not like if one dad, one mom is the only way to raise a child. And nothing would stop you from seeing your lover and still have sex on the side right?