Need help finding movie title

Sometime between 2006 and 2009, I happened upon a movie on TV. It would have been broadcast on Bell Satellite East, but I don't recall what station. We didn't have much of a package, but we got things like A&E, CNN, the science fiction channel. It had the feel of a made-for-TV movie. Anyway, I never watched TV closely, but I caught a bit of this movie once, and then stumbled upon it another time in the middle of the night and saw almost all of it. I'd like to see it again, but I don't recall the name. I have looked everywhere.

It opens on a family moving into a new neighbourhood, parents and a teen boy. There's some suggestion that they were run off from the last place they lived. The parents are radical scientists? Biologists? Horticulturists? Ecologists? Something like that. Anyway, kid goes off to new school and has typical rough time fitting in. Meets a girl way out of his league, but they like each other. Meanwhile, there are signs his parents are up to their old tricks again. They grow stuff. A LOT of stuff. To the point where living organic matter eventually takes over the whole house.

At some point, the kid is tied to the roof of the high school without his clothes on for pissing someone off. The ozone layer is extremely thin in this time frame, and people can't go outside without protection from the sun's radiation. He is badly burned. Meanwhile, his father seems to have disappeared, but ... I'm hazy on this part... he sort of absorbed into the house, which by this time is a growing thing. He reappears and gives the son some salve. It makes his skin impervious to the UV radiation.

At some point, some rough kids come for him but find his mother instead. They get ideas, as she's kind of an earth-MILF, but the father, who is now one with the house, makes short work of them. The kid arrives home from a day out with his girlfriend to find a hazmat team surrounding his home, including some rival scientist who was either competing with or had disapproved of his parents work. Eventually he finds that his parents have transformed into a new lifeform and blow away on the breeze.

I really want to see this movie again. Does anyone know the name? Or remember seeing it?

Don't remember seeing such a movie, but I love a good research challenge.

I found a 1997 movie called "Habitat" whose description does have some interesting commonalities:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119243/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Additional Comments:

Confirmed -- found a copy and spotted the scene where the kid is strapped outside to an obelisk-type post.

Don't remember seeing such a movie, but I love a good research challenge.

I found a 1997 movie called "Habitat" whose description does have some interesting commonalities:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119243/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Additional Comments:

Confirmed -- found a copy and spotted the scene where the kid is strapped outside to an obelisk-type post.

OMG!!! That's it! THAT'S IT!!! How in the hell did you find it? I looked everywhere.

I'm telling you, screw all these think tanks and policy makers. When you want to know something, you've gotta come to CERB. The CERBies would sort this world out pretty damned quick.

Thank you, Tallguy007!

I watched it this afternoon; quite enjoyable. A lot of gratuitous titty scenes, but I guess that fits in with the expectations of the times.

There's a number of then-younger actors I recognized, including Alice "Borg Queen" Krige.