Safe way to send monies overseas

This has nothing to do with the biz.

I have a friend who sends money to Hungry to her family. Does anyone know a safe and easy way besides Western Union and paypal? I guess she's been sending it behind pictures in the mail. Lol not so safe.

Thanks

MoneyGram is cheaper than Western Union and works here through Canada Post. I used it before for various countries overseas. You can check it on Canada Post website and it gives where money can be picked up in various countries. The person would know if those locations are safe.

Or if moneygram is not an option, perhaps buying a money order from the bank and sending that. I sent one to Asia this past summer and was able to cancel the initial one with little problem as it wasn't received. Re-issued and resent with no issues and no problems with clearing it fairly quickly at the bank is Asia.

Posted via Mobile Device

I've used wire transfers for many years in various parts of the world without issue. The only point to bear in mind is that sometimes they can take a few business days to come through.

MoneyGram is cheaper than Western Union and works here through Canada Post. I used it before for various countries overseas. You can check it on Canada Post website and it gives where money can be picked up in various countries. The person would know if those locations are safe.

I've used Western Union and Moneygram, and I think both are safe and secure. With Moneygram I liked that I could just go to any Canadapost retail outlet, but I actually ended up at a convenience store that was set up with the MG. WU is all over the place, including some banks, so I feel extra secure using WU when I go to a Moneymart kind of place or a bank.

The last thing I would do is send it via mail in any sort of letter or card. Cards especially, because in the past that would be exactly what nefarious postal workers would open to see if there was loose cash in a birthday card. It's like a red flag lol.

i would never use paypal, simply because it is so iffy as to whether they will release or hold it for whatever reason. I have done wire transfers, but the fees are so much higher than even WU it is ridiculous. I would even suggest buying a prepaid credit card, and giving the CC info to the recipient, who could then activate the card online. That would only incur a small activation fee, which if you check out different banks or credit unions instead of Canada Post's version, could be a low flat 2.00 fee (I go to Vancity bank here, but it is only in the lower mainland :) )

Safest and cheaper is wire transfers bank to bank.. the only downside to it is that there is no really a guarantee in timing.., I ve had transfers done as soon as 24 hours but also had transfers take upto 1 week.. sometimes depends on the country money is being send to or received from...

Another way I have done it ex: if you are sending money from here get a set up a bank account just to deposit the funds you send monthly send the interact card to the person in the other country... they can withdrawal the funds when ever you say is good to withdraw and the amount. .. off course you will need to trust the person... Advantages person can withdrawal immediately and low cost per transaction... it has work for me...