uggh forgive my non-techiness ... need info on voice dialing/texting/emailing

heyy you techies ... need some advice. I currently still use BlackBerry phones but need to replace soon, and can't type on those freaking on-screen keyboards. (fingernails)

I thought to eliminate this problem I could get a phone with voice dialing / texting etc. I was playing with a friends phone the other day, I'm sure it was a Samsung, and his voice texting feature was fantastic. Even slang words it recognized. It typed out responses as fast as I could speak them.

Whats the best phone for these voice command type features? do they all work about the same? I could just stick with BB and upgrade to the Q10 and stick with typing, but being able to respond to texts and emails via voice while driving would be sooo convenient. Doable?

advice is welcome and appreciated. Please don't make me feel stupider than I already do LoL

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S3 and yup, the voice thing is awesome. I was a BB user for years but discovered a whole new feeling of liberation when I moved to the Samsung.

If you really want to play with your phone in traffic, get a bluetooth device. Most bluetooth devices are those things you see in people's ears as they walk down the sidewalk looking like they are talking to Jesus or whoever. But there are bluetooth things you can get that standalone in your car - visor, dash, whatever. The advantage of these things is you can hear who the call is before you answer it and you answer it via voice commands (depending on the device you get).

I have a BlueAnt Q3 in combination with my Samsung and I can place calls, answer them, send texts, open apps all without touching my phone - wave at the nice policeman sitting next to you. :)

• Like 2

hey thanks :)

I have a BlueAnt commute visor thing, great for calls for sure but would love to be able to hear emails and texts and respond with my voice.

You're not the first person to tell me they love their Samsung phone, I will investigate further. Thanks again xo

Guest S*rca****sid

All smart phones (Android or iPhone) have this feature, they all work the same way. The only real issue is dependent on the person's pronunciation and if the software can decipher it.

I've never had any luck with the Blackberry voice dialing, I say HOME it calls MOM... stuff like that. Pain in the arse. This Samsung phone seemed different. It's accustomed to his voice but it understood me perfectly and I was speaking normally, even quickly. Maybe I will have to play around a bit more.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Jessica I have the Galaxy S3 and I love it especially the Assistant app that comes with the phone. The only issue I have with it is the touch screen keyboard as my fingers are to large for that damn keyboard so I use a stylus when I can, I still use my BB Bold for Tweeting and texting though.