Favorite Canadian cities

Montreal was always at the top of my list, the shopping, dining and the men!! I have fond memories of long and short stays at the Vogue hotel, loved the Westmount area but now after a few unexpected but necessary visits to Charlottetown I have to say it's now my favorite. I didn't get to experience a lot while I was there but the warmth of the people, the ease of getting around and what I did see has made Charlottetown my new favorite Canadian city, what's yours:)

As I travel just a wee bit I have a few, and they are not what your probably expecting.

North Bay - A beautiful quaint city surrounded by water, lots of green space friendly people and super wonderful to relax in - in the summer, however -45 can be just as charming to view the city in - however I don't recommend it,

London - It's known as the "Forest City" and boy do they have that named appropriately. There is so much green space and trees that you feel like you are in a city engulfed in a forest. Plus it is FAR enough away from the GTA that people are nice and don't drive like idiots.

Saint John - It's no secret that this little gem of a city is one of my FAVOURITE places in Canada to spend time in. From the history and architectural structure of the old buildings to the real people. People will say hello to you on the street with a smile and a short walk down Prince William street makes you feel like you are back in 1800's as you gaze at the buildings. Again another green city with ample trees and green space. Only downside is the excessive fog when one wishes to keep their travel plans.

Bathurst - Still enchanted with this city. I have only had the chance to visit once, however It's definitely on the list to revisit. It is so beautiful to see the water from the downtown (the view goes on for miles). More stunning New Brunswick greenery and very kind people. Apparently the winter time is just as amazing as the summer so this I cant wait to check out.

• Like 6

Thanks Emily, a couple of your choices did surprise and yes you certainly would be one to know a lot about many of our cities:) Saint John however I do agree with and sadly, it's often overlooked and thought negatively of. Two more of it's attractions I'd like to mention -the Irving nature park and Lilly lake are both wonderful places to spend a sunny day.

• Like 1

Guest webothscore

I am a huge fan of Quebec City. Its history, the way it's all laid out. The various shops nestled within the fine dining. Your every day woman walking about, pure beauty.

Guest ChantalSummers

Toronto & Montreal by far!! I love the excitement that goes on there and the party scene!! Wonderland is such a blast too!! I would love to see what the west coast has to offer someday.

Guest webothscore
Toronto & Montreal by far!! I love the excitement that goes on there and the party scene!! Wonderland is such a blast too!! I would love to see what the west coast has to offer someday.

Vancouver is the only west coast location I have visited but I have a feeling you would love it!

Well in 2013 my favorite cities were Ottawa and Toronto / Sauga .

The scenery there was orgasmic !!

There was a tall tower, a parliament building thingie, some flowers I think and Alotta boobies and bums and ......... well other stuff !!!!!!!! ;)

2014 ... Where to go ? What shall I see ? ;) Ohhhhhh I must travel lots cause I do luvvvvvvv beautiful scenery !!!! hehehe

• Like 3

I've always thought Montreal was the best city in Canada. Last year I had a chance to show an American friend around there, it was great to see it more as a tourist again. Love love love it.

I'm also a fan of every place I've seen on the east coast. Want to see everything!

• Like 2

I'll have to defer to Emily's picks because there is no way in hell I'll ever do the amount of criss-crossing this country that she's done.

For me I've hit all the "major" cities in my travels and found that I always prefer cities that "feel" small but have all the amenities that you'd want. Cities that have an identity beyond the buildings and there is an innate sense of a cultural presence. A sense that people know who they are and where they belong. That's one reason I agree with Quebec City noted above.

Not sure why, but I've always had a soft spot for Halifax perhaps it's related to all my fond memories of spending time there with my friends sailing and it's relative proximity to the beautiful communities of Mahone Bay.

• Like 1

Of the cities I've visited I'd have to say Halifax is my favorite. A small city with a big city atmosphere and nicely located along the ocean. Being a university town also adds to its appeal.

• Like 1

My favorite city is Montreal. I'm from near there and it never gets old. I left home at 14 to go to school in Montreal and I only stayed 3 years. Then I left again for university and never moved back even though I own three duplexes and a house there (the house is for sale if anyone is interested). I spend almost every weekend there. I've been all over Canada (except Vancouver or Saskatchewan) and in my opinion nothing comes close, although Toronto has grown on me lately. Ottawa is a good second place to Mtl though, due to its proximity to Mtl and my ability to get Habs tix more easily here :)

• Like 1

In no particular order:

Charlottetown Downtown is beautiful, the people are friendly, you can learn a bit of history, plus the Churchill Arms has fantastic grub!

Tofino, BC As a young adult, I had the opportunity to take surfing lessons there years ago. The hostel was beautiful and located right by the water, plus there was gorgeous scenery everywhere. This place holds many fond memories of a time when I got to adventure and explore more than I do now. Plus, y'know, surfing! :D

Ottawa Plenty of sights, rad architecture and history, the market district, plus some family and old friends live out that way. It's also where a beautiful and patient lady gave a very nervous newcomer a kickass introduction to the world of companions :)

Winnipeg I know, it's cold, it's rough around the edges, and it's in the middle of a floodplain that can make things dicey at times, but it's home. If you aren't happy where you live, why do you live there?

A place I would love to visit is Quebec City, I have a feeling it would wind up on this list :)

• Like 1

For the bigger cities in Canada i would have to say:

- Montreal

- Vancouver

- Halifax

- Quebec City

All beautiful with lots to do, a place where i want to keep going back.

• Like 1

I have tried 3 times to see Old Quebec City. I guess I need to park my bike and find a tour guide.

I lived in TO for 5 years so that's off my list. ugh.

I've only seen Montreal from the highway but it looked promising.

I visited St. John's this past summer and had a blast. George Street with all the bars and people walking around is fun. The Cotton Club was a hoot too.

Halifax just keeps getting bigger but it still is very pretty and friendly.

• Like 1

Halifax is home and I'm happy for that. Good history, good feel, good size...and great ladies!

I'd also list Jasper, but that's more for the beauty of the surrounding area than the town itself.

• Like 1

Of the cities i visited at various points - Victoria, Vancouver, Toronto, Halifax, Jasper (worked a summer there which was lovely), Québec City ( the old town and its antiquaries), the one that i'd consider my home away from home is Montreal. It's just great to hang out there and wander around.

• Like 1