private section

I think the private section for the ladies is a very necessary and valuable resource

And yes you're right we do have a section to post bait and switch and dangerous situations. Just wondering, outside of whether or not you feel we need it, do you feel it would some how be a bad thing if hobbyists had a private section? I'm honestly just curious, no disrespect intended.

I'm not sure I see the value. What do you think its value would be? What would be discussed there? Why would it be private?

If it's about safety, there's already a public bait-and-switch / scams / dangerous encounters thread for each region or sometimes individual cities.

• Like 4

I agree with MightyPen, not sure I see the value. You cannot speak negatively about the ladies on this site so just curious what things you think guys would say in that area that they wouldn't say in a 'public' area.

Guest realnicehat

nogirls.jpg

I don't know. There could be some value to it.

Obviously it would still have the same rules as the rest of the board so if guys are looking for a spot to post reviews rather than recos it wouldn't be the place.

But, it would give us a place to discuss some things without worrying about what the ladies think. We could talk about our feelings, about our testicles, about feeling our testicles.

Hmmm.........maybe I don't see the value after all ;)

To answer your question seriously, while I honestly don't think we need it I have no idea whether having one would be a 'bad thing". It does sound like something that mod might need to spend a lot of time policing so for him it could be bad.

Edited by realnicehat

I don't know. There could be some value to it.

Obviously it would still have the same rules as the rest of the board so if guys are looking for a spot to post reviews rather than recos it wouldn't be the place.

But, it would give us a place to discuss some things without worrying about what the ladies think. We could talk about our feelings, about our testicles, about feeling our testicles.

Hmmm.........maybe I don't see the value after all ;)

Hey, now, if you throw in a TREEHOUSE I might start to waver...! :)

Offhand I think that yeah -- as you touch upon, it has enormous potential to become a "okay, now that we're in private, let me tell yo the real scoop on X!". That stuff is always hanging over the heads of a board like this, and I think a private section would begin to provide a shadowy corner that would absolutely breed mischief if not closely policed.

Oddly enough, I can't think of a single thing I might discuss here that wouldn't be better served by including the opinions of women here too. Testicles? Hell yes! I'll talk about my testicles amongst the women of CERB, at least those who don't click away as soon as they see the subject. :)

Edited by MightyPen
Removed long and needless story about... uh... stuff.
  • Like 2

Offhand I think that yeah -- as you touch upon, it has enormous potential to become a "okay, now that we're in private, let me tell yo the real scoop on X!".

Honestly I can't see that happening on this board, I would bet things like that would get back to the ladies very quickly.

Honestly I can't see that happening on this board, I would bet things like that would get back to the ladies very quickly.

Yeah but... why create a situation where such getting-back is necessary?

I guess I still haven't seen an upside yet.

Yeah but... why create a situation where such getting-back is necessary?

I guess I still haven't seen an upside yet.

I am agreeing with you, I don't see the need for the separate section.

• Like 1

A treehouse? Really? I soooo want to be a part of this. I have a male patterned brain, does that count? I have a strap on with testicles? Please let me in? A tree house! I can bring beer, hotdogs and marshmallows; and I have mad cheap decorating skills. We could have a 108 flat screen HD, dish, pool table and antler chandeliers with lazy boy recliners all around! Wait, this is sounding very Fat Bastards...

I'm not sure what purpose a male private section would serve but if our boys want it, I will support it. But I resent that I can't participate in it because I am so much better at understanding testosterone than estrogen!!!!

cat

• Like 6

I think the private section for the ladies is a very necessary and valuable resource

And yes you're right we do have a section to post bait and switch and dangerous situations. Just wondering, outside of whether or not you feel we need it, do you feel it would some how be a bad thing if hobbyists had a private section? I'm honestly just curious, no disrespect intended.

Useful, necessary? Maybe, maybe not:) but wanted? That's for the guys and mod to decide, obviously:) Do I think they need it, well no, but what's good for the goose should be for the gander:)

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 1

Honestly..

as previously said by others. . Bait ans switch. ., dangerous situations already have a section... and dont you already share information via PM? If you are really interested in knowing details about a certain lady.. you already check the recos.., you read them and contact the guys that have written them... not only that even guys that have not even seen a lady decide to share information about services rates etc... with what purpose I have no clue but in my mind is perhaps to make people think they are some sort of CERB Gods... become a guy hero... and damaging a ladies reputation or putting them in situations... and even creating a disappointment on the other guys that were given false information about a lady...

In my opinion I think this can become very dangerous. .. and a double sided weapon.. I also think that it will be against CERB model of being positive... the only reason why you would need a hobbiest only section would be to discuss negative stuff... CERB is all about positive and why would you secretly want to discuss positive things in secret?

And I want to clarify I cannot participate in the SP only area.. so I dont know what gets discuss there... and honestly I do fine without being part of it...

• Like 2

I have pushed for a men's only section for a very long time now. I think it's a good idea and I very much hope that MOD will see fit to get this implemented.

• Like 1

I thank most of you for your informative replys and I agree cerb is no place for negativity and that wasn't my intension with regard to a "tree house" section as some have dubbed it. There are some however who also made the point about being against negativity but then went onto write long sarcastic fantasies as to why it would be good to have a private section there by patronizing the person for asking the question in the first place. Was that not unnessasary negativity? I'm a relatively new member and I'm just trying to understand the logistics of this site a little better. I'm not trying to offended or hurt anyone. This is an open forum and as long as people are being respectful and not being negative they shouldn't have to be afraid to ask a question with out receiving "negativity".

So heres another question and remember, it's just a question. Are service providers allowed to use the "bait and switch/dangerous encounters section or is it only for the hobbyests who don't need a private section because they have the bait and switch/dangerous encounters avenue?

• Like 1

I have pushed for a men's only section for a very long time now. I think it's a good idea and I very much hope that MOD will see fit to get this implemented.

As many have already asked in this thread, what would be the benefit(s) of having a male only private section aside from the already existing Bait&Switch/Scams/Dangerous Encounters sections? Why is it "needed"?

Are service providers allowed to use the "bait and switch/dangerous encounters section or is it only for the hobbyests who don't need a private section because they have the bait and switch/dangerous encounters avenue?

Hi Splitz :)

Would you mind explaining the question again as I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say :icon_redface:

Are you asking if SPs are allowed to contribute to the B&S sections (like I do) by providing you with more information to help with your searches?

Guest realnicehat

Splitz,

I'll take the heat on this one as I was the first to add a little sarcasm to the thread. It was not intended to patronize you nor did I mean it in a negative way.

While I did offer a serious answer at the bottom I apologize if in any way it made you feel like you shouldn't have asked the question.

There are a lot of serious discussions here, and much valuable information exchanged but as we also like to have fun you should be prepared for a few tongue in cheek responses here and there. I assure you that most of the time they are not delivered with any malice intended.

To answer your new question, the B&S/Dangerous Encounters section is for the men to use. The ladies have their own private section to discuss bad/dangerous clients.

There has been much debate (do a search) on the fairness of the ladies having a private section while the men do not. I won't get in to it because honestly, I don't particularly care. The idea of it strikes me as a "boys club", hence the pic I posted in my first response but I don't feel strongly about it either way.

Well thank you very much for that realnicehat. I very much appreciate your apology and I will endeavor not to be so sensitive in the future.

One reason for a private section for the guys would be that sometimes you get 10 or 20 pms about a recent experience with a service provider. Now lets say that experience was positive but many of the PM's from hobbyists were asking a lot of the same questions as each other. Now if some of those questions pertain to the physical attributes of the provider (NOT NEGATIVE) such as, breast size and shape or feet or belly button, submissive vs dominant, or what ever your fancy (we all have our fetishes and quarks and a preference for one thing does not imply negativity over the other!) some hobbyists might be a little shy to ask or answer those kinds of questions in a public forum where a specific provider or maybe any or all service providers may read it. They may find it a bit embarrassing even though it isn't negative, and I think there is nothing wrong with being a bit bashful.

Now I know there is more than just one guy here or there who feels this way because if there wasn't... than why do so many hobbyists ask their non negative questions in private messages after I leave a public recommendation, why not just ask it in the public thread that the reco was posted? (and yes I'm aware that some do ask in the public forum but that's not the point)?

I get PM'd all the time from many of the hobbyists on this site asking non negative questions after I leave a reco. I believe this forum is about people helping people (providers and hobbyists alike) so I try and answer everyone's questions. If we had a private section where someone could ask a question in a thread and have other hobbyists who were about to ask the same question all see the answer all at once it would sure save people a lot of time copying and pasting the same answer to 20 different people every time. And some great no negative discussions may result that would never happen in a public forum.

Its sad people assume for Hobbyests, the request for a little privacy, automatically means we're looking for a forum to bash the service providers. As I'm sure there are a few hobbyists who may try, there are also those of us who would report them.

So some guys are a little old fashion and feel like its not gentleman like to speak of such things in public, or they're too shy or what ever the reason. There may be other Non negative reasons for PMing over publicly asking a question that I'm not thinking of but that doesn't discredit the reasons I have given.

It'd just be a place for those of us who are a little less braising and a little more shy around the ladies.

And for any hobbyists who personally feels they wouldn't use it, no one is saying you have to.

Splitz,

I'll take the heat on this one as I was the first to add a little sarcasm to the thread. It was not intended to patronize you nor did I mean it in a negative way.

While I did offer a serious answer at the bottom I apologize if in any way it made you feel like you shouldn't have asked the question.

There are a lot of serious discussions here, and much valuable information exchanged but as we also like to have fun you should be prepared for a few tongue in cheek responses here and there. I assure you that most of the time they are not delivered with any malice intended.

To answer your new question, the B&S/Dangerous Encounters section is for the men to use. The ladies have their own private section to discuss bad/dangerous clients.

There has been much debate (do a search) on the fairness of the ladies having a private section while the men do not. I won't get in to it because honestly, I don't particularly care. The idea of it strikes me as a "boys club", hence the pic I posted in my first response but I don't feel strongly about it either way.

Additional Comments:

As many have already asked in this thread, what would be the benefit(s) of having a male only private section aside from the already existing Bait&Switch/Scams/Dangerous Encounters sections? Why is it "needed"?

Hi Splitz :)

Would you mind explaining the question again as I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say :icon_redface:

Are you asking if SPs are allowed to contribute to the B&S sections (like I do) by providing you with more information to help with your searches?

I was wondering if providers can also benefit from the bait and switch/dangerous situation section by not only posting dangers for hobbyists but providers and hobbyists can also warn providers of dangerous situations as well. Everyone keeps saying "well hobbyists have a section to help keep them safe and warn them of scams." Can't both sides benefit in the same way from that section?

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

I was wondering if providers can also benefit from the bait and switch/dangerous situation section by not only posting dangers for hobbyists but providers and hobbyists can also warn providers of dangerous situations as well. Everyone keeps saying "well hobbyists have a section to help keep them safe and warn them of scams." Can't both sides benefit in the same way from that section?

I think there might be a few difficulties with this. First of all, if a provider were to report in a public section that a cerb member put her in a dangerous situation or treated her poorly all hell would break loose. In a private section the ladies would take note and decline requests from that member. In public there would be a cyber-lynching. Not exactly what you want on a positive board.

Can you give an example of an unsafe situation that a male member might warn a provider about? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. The last thing we need is guys reporting on other guys or ladies reporting on other ladies for that matter.

In any business, saying something negative about the competition, whether justified or not, is usually considered to be bad form. Even if they truly felt it was in the best interest of the clients I think you would be very hard pressed to find a provider willing to speak negatively about another publicly. There is no upside to it and they run the risk of being perceived as "catty" or vindictive.

I am open to ideas of how you might think this would benefit everyone, I just can't get my head around it.

I think there might be a few difficulties with this. First of all, if a provider were to report in a public section that a cerb member put her in a dangerous situation or treated her poorly all hell would break loose. In a private section the ladies would take note and decline requests from that member. In public there would be a cyber-lynching. Not exactly what you want on a positive board.

Can you give an example of an unsafe situation that a male member might warn a provider about? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. The last thing we need is guys reporting on other guys or ladies reporting on other ladies for that matter.

In any business, saying something negative about the competition, whether justified or not, is usually considered to be bad form. Even if they truly felt it was in the best interest of the clients I think you would be very hard pressed to find a provider willing to speak negatively about another publicly. There is no upside to it and they run the risk of being perceived as "catty" or vindictive.

The section is not only for reporting cerb members. Usually its non members that are reported more than members. And in this very thread one of our great providers stated that she uses the thread to warn "us hobbyists" of bait and switches so in fact providers do in fact report in that public forum. . Any comments on the latest post I made regarding a private section for the hobbyists?

Additional Comments:

The section is not only for reporting cerb members. Usually its non members that are reported more than members. And in this very thread one of our great providers stated that she uses the thread to warn "us hobbyists" of bait and switches so in fact providers do in fact report in that public forum. . Any comments on the latest post I made regarding a private section for the hobbyists?

And your point that if a cerb provider warned of a cerb hobbyist in a public forum all hell would break out. Well if its for "warnings" wouldnt even more hell break out if a cerb hobbyist reported something on a cerb provider? you can have one with out the other..

Guest realnicehat
The section is not only for reporting cerb members. Usually its non members that are reported more than members. And in this very thread one of our great providers stated that she uses the thread to warn "us hobbyists" of bait and switches so in fact providers do in fact report in that public forum. .

If you are referring to the above post by Gabriella, I think you will find that what she provides is exactly what she states: "more information to help with your searches". She is very helpful with posts about how to protect yourself but I have never seen her report another provider. I could be wrong, I haven't read every post.

Any comments on the latest post I made regarding a private section for the hobbyists?

Nope :) I have already stated that I have no strong feelings towards a private section one way or the other.

And your point that if a cerb provider warned of a cerb hobbyist in a public forum all hell would break out. Well if its for "warnings" wouldnt even more hell break out if a cerb hobbyist reported something on a cerb provider? you can have one with out the other..

Quite possibly yes. It would not be a pleasant situation which is why the board is heavily moderated. One would need to be pretty damn sure they could back up their post should they choose to go down that road. I still fail to see any advantage to providers posting warnings publicly. I think you are also forgetting that for a warning about a client to be effective a certain amount of information (phone number, email, name) will need to be provided. That's totally not cool in a public forum, even if the guy is a douche bag.

Edited by realnicehat

The section is not only for reporting cerb members.

Usually its non members that are reported more than members.

How would you know? Do you happen to have a personal SP spy that reports to you? ;)

Seriously though, there is no screening process to become a CERB member so anyone with a computer can get a CERB handle. Making an assumption like the one above is just, well, an assumption.

And in this very thread one of our great providers stated that she uses the thread to warn "us hobbyists" of bait and switches so in fact providers do in fact report in that public forum.

Big difference: I do not go around saying so-and-so is to be avoided because she is B&S or she is (include whatever you want here) based on MY personal experience; when a member asks a question I will sometimes use a powerful tool called Google, accessible to anyone who dares to use it ;), and I will do a quick search and provide you with the extra information I find online so you can stay safe...

• Like 6

How would you know? Do you happen to have a personal SP spy that reports to you? ;)

Seriously though, there is no screening process to become a CERB member so anyone with a computer can get a CERB handle. Making an assumption like the one above is just, well, an assumption.

Big difference: I do not go around saying so-and-so is to be avoided because she is B&S or she is (include whatever you want here) based on MY personal experience; when a member asks a question I will sometimes use a powerful tool called Google, accessible to anyone who dares to use it ;), and I will do a quick search and provide you with the extra information I find online so you can stay safe...

sorry I'm not communicating my self well. Someone said only hobbyist were allowed to use Bait/switch section and I was just making the point that that is not the case as providers do in fact post in that section. Also, when I said it's usually non members that are reported in that section, I never meant that people aren't able to manipulate the system. Someone had said that if a cerb provider had reported another cerb provider that all hell would break loose and my point was to state that they didn't have to be a cerb member to be reported. I didn't mean that I know who was and was not a member and that I knew the secret identity of everyone with differing aliases. Sorry, I may not have communicated myself well and I think we have gone a little of course because of that and so I apologize.

So before I derailed this thread we were talking about a private section.

I made a comment # 17 that I would appreciate some in site on. Hear it is again..

Well thank you very much for that realnicehat. I very much appreciate your apology and I will endeavor not to be so sensitive in the future.

One reason for a private section for the guys would be that sometimes you get 10 or 20 pms about a recent experience with a service provider. Now lets say that experience was positive but many of the PM's from hobbyists were asking a lot of the same questions as each other. Now if some of those questions pertain to the physical attributes of the provider (NOT NEGATIVE) such as, breast size and shape or feet or belly button, submissive vs dominant, or what ever your fancy (we all have our fetishes and quarks and a preference for one thing does not imply negativity over the other!) some hobbyists might be a little shy to ask or answer those kinds of questions in a public forum where a specific provider or maybe any or all service providers may read it. They may find it a bit embarrassing even though it isn't negative, and I think there is nothing wrong with being a bit bashful.

Now I know there is more than just one guy here or there who feels this way because if there wasn't... than why do so many hobbyists ask their non negative questions in private messages after I leave a public recommendation, why not just ask it in the public thread that the reco was posted? (and yes I'm aware that some do ask in the public forum but that's not the point)?

I get PM'd all the time from many of the hobbyists on this site asking non negative questions after I leave a reco. I believe this forum is about people helping people (providers and hobbyists alike) so I try and answer everyone's questions. If we had a private section where someone could ask a question in a thread and have other hobbyists who were about to ask the same question all see the answer all at once it would sure save people a lot of time copying and pasting the same answer to 20 different people every time. And some great no negative discussions may result that would never happen in a public forum.

Its sad people assume for Hobbyests, the request for a little privacy, automatically means we're looking for a forum to bash the service providers. As I'm sure there are a few hobbyists who may try, there are also those of us who would report them.

So some guys are a little old fashion and feel like its not gentleman like to speak of such things in public, or they're too shy or what ever the reason. There may be other Non negative reasons for PMing over publicly asking a question that I'm not thinking of but that doesn't discredit the reasons I have given.

It'd just be a place for those of us who are a little less braising and a little more shy around the ladies.

And for any hobbyists who personally feels they wouldn't use it, no one is saying you have to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by realnicehat View Post

Splitz,

Splitz, you were asked to provide your reasoning for a hobbyist-only section of Cerb, and I can appreciate that you've done so.

However, while I understand what you are saying and I think you've respectfully tried to lay out your reasons, I still wouldn't want to see such a section created.

You are right that I wouldn't feel comfortable in a public recommendation getting into details of a lady's physical attributes or sexual preferences/acts, etc. However, I also wouldn't feel comfortable doing so in a private section as you describe it. Just because the lady may not be able to see it doesn't, to my mind, make it "not public". Rather it would make me feel like I'm just talking about her behind her back, and my own feeling is that if she wants such details shared then she'll do so herself.

Whatever benefit such a section may have also seems, to my mind, not to outweigh the potential harm and ways that it could be abused. Basically, I think it would cause more work and heartache than it would save.

I've heard some other sites have very little involvement by the ladies. One of the things I specifically like about Cerb is how present and active the ladies are in the discussions. I'd hate to see anything that would take away from that.

I know you said that any gent who wouldn't want to use a private-only section could just avoid it, but you also have been asking for opinions, so for what it's worth, there ya go.

Cheers.

• Like 6

One reason for a private section for the guys would be that sometimes you get 10 or 20 pms about a recent experience with a service provider ... some hobbyists might be a little shy to ask or answer those kinds of questions in a public forum.

Hey there splitz:

Thanks for sharing your concerns. Like realnicehat my responses weren't meant to dismiss your question, just to convey my own concerns with the idea. I've removed my couple of paragraphs' worth of side story in one post. I intended for that to illustrate that there's nothing we should be afraid to talk about here ("if I can write about THIS, and see, nothing happens -- then surely you can write about THAT!"), but maybe that looked like I wasn't taking concerns about privacy seriously. Sorry if you took it that way.

I think one of the site's leading virtues is that everything IS out in the open here, and I'd very much like to keep it that way. The SP-only section is there to support providers' safety in a potentially dangerous profession. And since the providers take by far the greater risks in this industry, I'm happy to cede them some private space if that helps to reduce those risks.

I really meant it when I asked in my first post to hear the merits of a private section, because I didn't want to just dismiss the idea out of hand even though I saw a lot of potential problems.

But if it's just an issue of shyness or a sense of propriety... I'm still unconvinced.

• For some stuff there's simply no need for shyness, and it's better that guys overcome that rather than change the site to accommodate them.

• If it's a sense of propriety and a guy is just reluctant to share intimate details in a public forum, I understand and respect that. But if he's then perfectly willing to discuss those same details in a semi-public forum, as long as it's restricted only to other men... I have some trouble with that.

If your sense of propriety tells you that some details shouldn't be discussed in public, it's okay to trust that and decline to share them -- at all. Maybe that feeling that "well I wouldn't want the SP to see this..." is telling you that maybe nobody should, and you should explain to PM-ers that you'd prefer not to elaborate beyond your public recommendation.

And there remains that risk of people abusing the private section... not because anyone asking for such a section must want to bash SPs, but because it seems a natural hazard of creating an exclusive men-only area. Plus it wastes one of the best opportunities this site offers -- to involve SPs in discussions where they'd be awesome contributors -- because those discussions are hidden behind a wall in a space they can't see.

I guess ultimately my own feeling is that adopting two different spaces with two sets of rules -- one exclusively "men only!" -- just wastes healthy open discussion, and lays the groundwork for a needless division.

• Like 6

Could someone tell me exactly what the purpose of a "mens-only" forum would be? What would be posted in it? Who would gain access? How would we screen them?

Access to the SP-only forum, per the FAQ:

SP ONLY AREA To gain access to the SP ONLY area you need one of the following...

1) Have someone who has access already and knows you personally VOUCH for you. Anyone with SERVICE PROVIDER written under their name has access but they need to have met you personally.

2) Another option is to have an ad on Escorts-Canada.com (A paid Profile ad with photos) and it must be online for at least 14 days with no complaints. If you have a past ad on escorts-canada that is no longer online we can still use that as a reference. You will need to open a support ticket on escorts-canada and ask for access to the SP ONLY area on cerb (Include your CERB alias with this ticket) http://escorts-canada.com/support

3) Substantial post history on cerb (That is not just ALL ads) with at least 50 or more posts over 4 or more months so you can establish a presence on cerb. By this time some members will post recommendations about you and have general discussions about you. Send the MOD a link to your recommendation thread and ask for SP ONLY access. We will review and consider your access.

We do not allow agencies (or ladies who work for agencies) access to the SP ONLY area (The current providers have asked to have it this way). You can NOT share information or copy and post information from the SP ONLY area to other sites. If you disclose any information to anyone outside of the SP ONLY area you loose your membership on cerb (including access to this area). We consider this area highly confidential. By asking for access you are agreeing to these terms. If you vouch for someone and they do this within the first 60 days you both loose your account so be sure not to VOUCH for anyone you do not trust. Make sure you know them personally and know that they are not affiliated with an agency.

Like Cat, I am uneasy about what information could be shared behind closed doors. With a review or recommendation, I see what people write about me. I have the option to ask the member in question to change what they have written, or to contact a mod. Same with forum posts. I'm aware that information is sometimes shared via PM, and there is already the potential there for inaccurate or misleading information to be shared -- I don't think we need another venue for this. We have folks already posting private information on the forum occasionally -- addresses for incall locations, for example -- and at least in a public venue these things are flagged and removed quickly. How would a private forum be moderated, who would do it, and what would the rules be?

• Like 7