Chocolate bars, chips, cheezies, are the typical treats handed out. Do you try and mix it up, or do you stay with the norm and hand out the usual:) I suggested my mother be a bit more original and hand out cans of pop, or juice boxes, something kids may not get a lot of, but she's sticking with chocolate bars:( What will you be treating with?

As a former trick-or-treater, I like the idea of something different, but don't think cans of pop or juice boxes would be a good idea - they weigh too much.

Fruit of course isn't a treat and often results in a trick, like it being chucked onto your roof.

Peanut butter cups were always one of my favourite; you can never give out too much chocolate!

• Like 2

Gave out Granola bars one year (the chocolate chip kind) and Mr. Freezies (un-frozen) another year. Both these items were popular.

Tried juice boxes but they were too heavy for the little ones, although the older kids seem to like them.

Not sure what I`ll give this year, but I better get my act together and decide!!!

• Like 2

I make little treat bags up with bars, suckers, candies, bubble gum and give the bag along with chips and a Mr. Sippy.

To my friends children I always have candy apples made for them as well, if a parent doesn't know someone they are reluctant to have their child accept a homemade treat these days but it's rare for me not to know a parent or child in my community.

38255-Happy-Halloween-Sparkle-Cat.gif

My neighbor hood is slowly been changing over to the next generation, so each years I get more kids at the door. I tend to buy the usual, but also keep a bunch of juices handy. I also tend to buy thing that I like as there are always left overs which I'll be eating up myself.

• Like 2

Guest ChantalSummers

Decisions decisions!! Chocolate chocolate and more chocolate!! But then it's hard to pass the sour patch kids and skittles so yes I adore mixing it up with both. TThatway tthere'sssomething in there that at least everyone will enjoy ;-)...

Guest realnicehat

I always went with the three C's: Chips, Chocolate bars & Candy.

Not sure why I always handed out so much, I think it's just a tradition I carry on from my parents. Sadly, there aren't any kids in the neighbourhood anymore so I've stopped buying. But it used to be great to see the looks on their faces when I told them they didn't have to choose, they could have all three.

The last year I gave out candy I only had 6 kids. The first three were very early so they got the normal amount. The later ones made out like bandits as I didn't want too much left over.