Social Event - Wed 02 Dec - Downtown Ottawa

Wed 02 Dec - Social Event - 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Downtown Ottawa - enjoy some beverages, food (if you wish) and pool (with cues, not towels - lol) with like-minded individuals in a relaxed pub setting.

Sponsored by the Poly Social Group. But based on past practice, by no means limited to Poly Group members or participants.

A good way for males and female members of CERB with one-on-one (or broader) interests to meet face-to-face in a relaxed setting, contemplate the possibilities and have some fun, shoot the breeze, whatever. A good time is usually had by all.

PM me if you're interested.

(Just giving Dummpy a hand, since no one person should have to organize everything. Lol.)

Never been before and can't do it this Wed. but wanted to know, if there is a separate room for cerbites. I ask because if I wanted to introduce myself and ask if they were members on cerb... it might lead to an awkward moment. Are name tags ever worn at these socials? Should I be concerned about keeping my double life a secret? Sorry for the questions but I would like to attend in the future but not sure if I would feel comfortable. Answers may help.

I can provide some general info. If you want more, PM me.

The social events look pretty much like a bunch of people who work in the same office going out for lunch or for a drink after work. Everyone pretty much stays with casual business dress. Though, as you can expect, even within that constraint, the women all look very good. Well-dressed professional women who know how to appear in public.

There are no name tags. The conversation is wide-ranging and goes well beyond hobby issues. The tone is low-key and discrete. Individuals can provide as much or a little personal information as they like. People usually introduce themselves via CERB "handles" at some point, but don't make a big deal of it.

There is no expectation of other activity. It is a social event. If individuals or groups of individuals do wish to meet afterward, (either immediately or in the days to come), they arrange that very discretely in a low-key way.

We tend to frequent large places in various part of the city where work groups and social groups go for a drink and a casual meal. If we can, we may avail ourselves of a room or a section, just like many other groups for whom the nexus is work or social life. We usually reserve under a personal name so that those attending, if they are new, can ask for the "XXXX" reservation when they arrive. (The name is not "poly" - lol)

Pretty ordinary. Pretty low-key. And ideally very discrete. Those attending so far have conducted themselves accordingly.

The first time I attended a social, I just walked up to this bunch of middle aged guys and asked if they were Serbians. That broke they ice quite nicely.

Of cousre if they have nothing to do with CERB (not Cerbians), they are none the wiser.

lol, now I'm all worried about what I should wear.

EDIT:

I'm out, unfortunately. My washing machine flooded the kitchen and bathroom today, have to be here when the landlord comes to inspect the water damage and see if he can fix the washer...and he's coming tomorrow at the same time as the social. :(

Hope I can make it to the next one.

Dang, I wish one of these get-togethers someday lines up with days when I'm in town if for no other reason than to shake some hands and say hi.

HOLD ON TO YOUR PANTS!

I'm coming to the social tomorrow after my class (which ends at 7pm). So nobody leave before I get there! I'm hoping to get there around 730pm.

It has been too long!

i might be there around 5h30 to grab a pint, but will have to leave around 6h30. I'll miss Erin...boohoo...would have been nice to meet you.

Looks like we will have a good turnout this evening. Several female guests along with a number of male CERB members. For those of you for whom this may be your first social event, just a reminder that the women are our guests and among us, we pay for their food and beverages.

I won't be checking here or my hobby e-mail from work and will be going directly to the event from work. So if you haven't already contacted me via PM for details by now, it's too late for this event.

Guest o****abel***7

I'm happy to say I'll finally be able to make it to one of these!

Depending on travel time I should be there around 6. Can't wait :)

I hope everybody had a good time at the event!

Would have loved to attend but unfortunately, the timing was not good this time for me.

But I'm sure there will be a next time, for sure...

Thanks to all those who attended!

As usual, many newcomers who thought they'd like to show up were a bit shy. Lol.

Great to see the four new members who made it to their inaugural event.

Nice to see the gender balance was almost 50-50 tonight.

Helps to keep the male pool sharks in line when the women are just as good. Lol.

Guest gagagaga

I was one of the "too shy" crowd...went in, saw the table, then went to Barb's for some lapdances.

would have been nice to make this meeting but sadly duty called and given some recent bumping of heads (in the non sexual way) it was probably for the best.

hope everyone had a blast. looking forward to the next one :-)

Something always ends up getting in the way of me going. Whether it be women, school, family, or a broken washing machine flooding the house and leaking into the apartment below.

Perhaps all are signs that I shouldn't even try to go to these? :cry:

Never.

Hope to make it to one soon, it'll be my New Year's resolution. :rolleyes:

Guest C*****tte

I was in town but got the dates mixed up. I am a bit shy myself so I would have headed for lapdances as well. ;-)

Man, I was going to be there, and then I got held up in Health Services until almost 830pm. I was pissed.

Ah, well, next time!

would have been nice to make this meeting but sadly duty called and given some recent bumping of heads (in the non sexual way) it was probably for the best.

hope everyone had a blast. looking forward to the next one :-)

I would like you to bump my Head. ;-)