Saline or Silicone?

So I was planning on getting my breasts done after the new year to about a large C small D and still undecided on whether or not to go with saline or silicone. I was hoping fellow sp's who've had it done could voice their opinion and anyone else who wants to chime in, feel free. Whats more natural feeling and looking, cuz im not looking for perky balloons on my chest under my chin you know, as you can see im pretty petite.:boobies:

.In the early 1990's it was reported that silicone breast implants were responsible for connective tissue diseases in some women.

You should look into this!

Some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue.

Saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference. Replacing a ruptured silicone gel implant is more difficult than repairing a saline implant. Silicone implants also have a higher rate of capsular contracture and a higher deflation rate.

Guest gagagaga

actually...very few plastic surgeons even offer silicone anymore. I know probably 2000-3000 women with implants, and none of them have silicone.

Don't even consider it...saline is the only way to go.

Not really popular in the US yet, because of negative propaganda in the 90's against silicone, they are becoming more and more popular around the rest of the world - and many Canadian surgeons recommend them heartily.

Personally, I think they are so far superior to saline, I would recommend swapping out the overstuffed waterballoons for these sweater puppies ;)

actually...very few plastic surgeons even offer silicone anymore. I know probably 2000-3000 women with implants, and none of them have silicone.

Don't even consider it...saline is the only way to go.

I have no idea what you do for living or how you know that many women(with implants) but I'm jealous. Did you ever get to feel them? Just asking.

I have no idea what you do for living or how you know that many women(with implants) but I'm jealous. Did you ever get to feel them? Just asking.

LMAO...:butt:...:boobeyes:

I prefer the breasts that feel real. That have some softness to them so you can squeeze them amd suck on them. If there the hard type there a complete turn off. And if you want kids in the future saline is safer as saline is a natural part of the body , if you want to breast feed.

Also silicone has a higher breakage rate .

Guest gagagaga

i worked in strip clubs for years and dated many many many dancers. I have felt thousands of fake boobs includin Trish Stratus's...life is good.

mine are real and I feel them all the time.....

my name is antlerman...and I have problems...many problems

I prefer real myself but if you're going to get them enhanced best do some research (as you're doing). I've heard good and bad from both sides... as silly as it sounds wikipedia can be a good source to get some starting information. Between the two, I'd lean toward silicon. The feel is a bit 'nicer', a bit more natural a bounce and less likelyhood of rippling. This last one is a bit strange, but if you've ever felt it, you know :) Ultimately go with what you feel most comfortable with, and you're definately asking a good group here :)

Some other options:

A lift. It doesn't add anything, but things can be 'rekagiggerd' a bit and they can be made to have a bit more cleavage on their own, as well make them a bit more perky. :boobies:

I would vote to keep them natural. You have an amazing figure, judging by your album. No need for enhancement in my opinion.

Thanks for all the feedback guys...really much appreciated. Im definitely doing alot of research before hand...dont want any regrets!

Thanks for all the feedback guys...really much appreciated. Im definitely doing alot of research before hand...dont want any regrets!

My response is "Don't do It" Personally I hate implants, there is nothing better than Natural. Don't change until after I have seen you! lol

Guest f***nds4f**

I hate fake one too. As I know lots of ppl like small tits. I like big natural, although it might be saggy. but still say no to enhanced one. Keep what you have, you can not please everyone.

So I was planning on getting my breasts done after the new year to about a large C small D and still undecided on whether or not to go with saline or silicone. I was hoping fellow sp's who've had it done could voice their opinion and anyone else who wants to chime in, feel free. Whats more natural feeling and looking, cuz im not looking for perky balloons on my chest under my chin you know, as you can see im pretty petite.:boobies:

.In the early 1990's it was reported that silicone breast implants were responsible for connective tissue diseases in some women.

You should look into this!

Some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue.

Saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference. Replacing a ruptured silicone gel implant is more difficult than repairing a saline implant. Silicone implants also have a higher rate of capsular contracture and a higher deflation rate.

This information is so outdated. Liquid silicon implants were banned in 1992 in Canada. A moratorium was placed on them until a study could be done regarding the concerns about the safety of silicon. The study found that the incidence of connective tissue disease among women with silicon breast implants was equal to the number in the general population. However they were not reintroduced to the market because of other leakage concerns. The old type of liquid silicon used in implants was very difficult to retreive once it was in the surrounding tissue. It tended to fuse to the tissue, somewhat akin to the way that crazy glue bonds to skin. Ruptures were not the major source of leaks. Since the outer shell of an implant was also silicon, the liquid silicon had a tendency to diffuse right though the shell. This was also why they had a high rate of capsular contracture. The first attempt at preventing this seems rather silly now in retrospect. They tried to double bag them, with yet another silicon shell outside the first one. Didn't work. Then there was a trial study of a soybean oil triglyceride implant available for a short time in Canada. They found that these went rancid. The saline implants that were available in the mid-late 90s were terrible for leaks. Most of them only had about a 5 -7 year lifespan before they leaked.

The cohesive silicon gel implants that available on the market in canada now can't leak because they have more of a solid consistancy, they do not leak even if ruptured. Rupturing one would take a lot of work though. If you did manage to rupture one, it'd have to be something along the lines of a car accident where you'd also have busted ribs and possibly a steering column in your chest. Needless to say your implants would be the least of your worries at that point. They also have a lower incidence of capsular contracture now as the leakage issue is no longer a concern and they now have a textured suface on the outside of the implant which resists contracture. they also are not prone to rippling the way saline implants are. The rippling is a particular concern if there is little breast tissue to cover the implant, as it can be very obvious.

I prefer the breasts that feel real. That have some softness to them so you can squeeze them amd suck on them. If there the hard type there a complete turn off. And if you want kids in the future saline is safer as saline is a natural part of the body , if you want to breast feed. Also silicone has a higher breakage rate .

There is no hard or soft type of implants. What determines whether they turn out soft or hard is the presence and degree of capsular contracture, and it relies upon a number of factors.

1) The patient.

Each individual varies to the reaction of a foreign body being placed inside it. A person's tendency to form keloids and adhesions in the healing process would have a major affect on this.

2) The implant used.

The old type of liquid silicon implants were the worst, due to the reasons I stated in my previous post. The new cohesive implants available now have less capsular contracture than the available saline implants.

3) The surgeon placing the implants.

Some surgeons just have a knack at making a great rack. (Yes that rhymes and if I see that line in some surgeon's ad after this, I am going to expect royalties. ;) )

4) After care.

Good care if the implants while they are healing also contributes to good results. If capsular contracture does form, it can be broken up manually.

I'm sure theres other factors I'm forgetting here, but its like 2 in the morning here. Another factor in the resulting feel is how much tissue there is to cover the implant. If there's enough natural breast over the implant, the implant can barely be felt at all. If a woman has small breasts to begin with, I would recommend placing the implants under the muscle just so theres more tissue to cover it. If she has little breast tissue and little muscle, gaining some weight before getting the implants could help as well.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the silicon implants do not have a risk of rupture now. As far as breast feeding goes, the placement of the incision would lend a greater concern to it. Some surgeons use an incision that goes directly thru the areola border to insert the saline implant and then fill it with the saline after its in place. This incision line is the most likely to impeed breast feeding as it cuts right through some of the milk ducts. This incision is not used with silicon implants as these implants are prefilled. Going through the inframamary fold or axillary incision sites is less likely to disturb the mamary glands.