Agencies have fucked me over so many times. They treated me like a slave, some of them well known on this site, some not. I find great fun in being independent and yet, I have made the mistake of joining agency after agency, hoping I could find someone that would treat me like a human being and not an OBJECT.

The societal objectification for women is already common enough, I don't want it to follow me into my career. Yes, I have to work a little harder and I have to scrutinize all my clients, but in the end...

An independent woman is a happy woman :D

• Like 5

Agencies have fucked me over so many times. They treated me like a slave, some of them well known on this site, some not. I find great fun in being independent and yet, I have made the mistake of joining agency after agency, hoping I could find someone that would treat me like a human being and not an OBJECT.

The societal objectification for women is already common enough, I don't want it to follow me into my career. Yes, I have to work a little harder and I have to scrutinize all my clients, but in the end...

Finding an agency that recognizes the value that providers bring to the table is a difficult task and most of the time not worth the effort or heartache. In Canada I prefer to be independent also...

cat

It is unfortunate that the agencies treat the girls that way. Certainly not right.

From an sp's perspective, what percentage of clients treat you well versus trating you like objects?

I certainly have always given repsect and tried a little to know the person, and NEVER as an object.

50% for the agency is standard from my experience. I have ran for agencies, been independent and owned an agency and they all have upsides.

Agency owners take all the real legal risks and have to come up with the cash when they need lawyers so I think 50% is fair. Their costs are considerably higher than independents if they run a proper business. An agency allows women who do not have the experience or time to manage their own business to make money and stay safe. My girls not only had to pay 50% but had to participate in a financial management program that included buying a house, becoming debt free, saving for retirement and getting an education. I also had book on-off fees, company cell phone fees, and they paid the driver. It was my way of sifting thru the ones that weren't committed. Once they had proven themselves, the fees were eliminated. The key to a great agency is the owner's commitment to both the providers and the clients. It is a tricky balance but well worth the effort.

Indies are a completely different type of girl. She is committed to making her own way and takes full responsibility for building her business. She spends her time and energy ensuring her day runs the way she wants it to and that her clients feel a connection. She is intelligent, usually savvy and street smart.

Both venues serve different needs and are a welcome part of this business.

Cat

thankyou Cat

this is the info that I`ve been looking for and well written. I do like your style as an agency owner. I am still very leary of agencies but maybe I can do something about that with more knowledge of how things work. I may pic your brain a bit via PM if you don`t mind.

PJ

In the beginning I flipped through the yellow pages and picked the most visually appealing ad. I would call the agency and describe my preferences but for some reason the other person on the other line would get it wrong. So I switched strategies and took to the Internet looking at both Indy and Agency websites. The odds were starting to improve but I still had some disappointments. Ok, there must be a better way to improve my odds. Then I discovered review boards.

Review boards have helped me narrow down my search. I still search Indy and Agency sites/reviews but I prefer Indy over Agency girls simply because Indy?s take stock in their business and understand a happy customer is a repeat customer. As a hobbyist the last thing I want to be is just another customer. I have met some exceptional SPs who belonged to agencies but they were transient; here one day and gone the next.

One of the problems I find with Indys is their availability; especially if they are popular. This means I need to plan a couple of days in advance and hope she doesn?t cancel in the meantime. In addition, one needs to wait for daily ads in the hopes that your favourite Indy SP is available that day when you are. Sometimes the need is immediate and one has to look to Agencies to assist.

Honestly, I doubt that the agencies that did that were even agencies... Sounds more like pimping to me. That's what that girl said that we met. She was pimping out her bitches apparently... :(

That's definitely a bad attitude eh? Pimping at it's finest. The kind of people who wouldn't bat an eye if a girl was hurt or killed. They'd just fill her "spot". With that kind of thing going, I can sort of understand why the police and the sytem are very "aggressive" and "uptight" with the industry back east.

It's too bad, I think that these girls take advantage of other girls getting into the industry, seeing that they can make more off someone else rather than doing the work themselves. It's very nonconstructive for the industry. These "agencies" probably pop up, do their thing (the wrong way), then close up to reopen under a different name. (I'm just speculating from what I've been witness to up here)

I couldn't agree more. Women taking advantage of other girls\women in a business that already has it's fair share of predators. Disgusting really IMO. The last thing we should be doing is sending out our "own kind" to hang in the breeze. There are already people who are more than willing to exploit others, especially the young and naive. :cry:

I've had emails from prospective "agencies" looking to "help me". When I ask them how they can help me, what they offer and other information on them, I never hear back from them. So much for business tact ;)

I've had a few emails too with no response once my questions get tough. Now, I just delete.....:fes:. (Actually, I seem to remember they were all agencies from back east who were sending me emails for "visiting girls").

I'm doing well as an independent, I think that a lot of that has to do with the fact that I love what I do, I have a business background (for marketing and planning) and that I have a good personality for building the client/SP rapport needed in this industry.

Oooh, :) maybe I should open a GOOD, reputable agency up here :)

If you can do all that, you should open a good reputable agency out there. it sounds like it could really use it. It might also pave the way for this industry being more accepted by society such as other places in the world have adapted to it. After all....we all know that if "The East" wants something\anything, it will happen. We out here in BC are but just a distant voice....;-):-) (J\K). Also, then, if you opened up a place I could have a place to go as a visiting girl.....8). (I can guarantee you I'd make good money). :lol:

I prefer agencies at the moment. The main reason being I do not have the time at the moment to search out the best of the Indy crowd. As such, researching the agencies is much easier and quicker.

Just my 0,02 $.