And here is what SWs are up against

The worry with the 1 year delay is that the conservatives will feel the need to bring in some very bad, regressive legislation in order to shore up support in their base. With an election in the reasonably near future, and having taken a lot of body blows on the senate scandal, they are looking for a wedge issue that they can mobilize their base on, shore up support, and put the other parties on the defensive.

Porthos

There was a "SP counselor" on CBC who said every single one of the women who come to see her about leaving the business....want to leave the business. The media assume or claim all women in the business are victims and all customers are exploiting them.

DUH! Obviously if they come to see a counselor for help on getting out of the business, then they want to get out of the business! Yes it seems obvious but the CBC and other media are using statements like this to prove that ALL the women in the business are therefore exploited and want to leave.

Imagine doing a survey of cars at a brake repair place. Since all the cars there need brake repairs does that mean all cars everywhere need repair? Of course not.

The real concern is that the TeaParty Conservatives are likely to draft draconian laws based on getting votes with no concern for the well being of anyone but themselves. Remember this is the party that said anyone who was against unlimited government access to YOUR emails and computers would only be opposed by pedos.

Additional Comments:

but I can't help myself.

The last part of Kay's idiotic article says many of the prostitutes a madam knew are homeless, drug addicted and/or have committed suicide. How convenient that all prostitutes are identical, it makes them so much easier to write about.

I know many members of the armed forces who are in the same boat. I had a severe drinking problem for several years after leaving the army. And I can name five or six guys offhand who have committed suicide or drank themselves to death.

Maybe Kay should think about getting rid of the army? Or how about the police, some of them drink and suffer from stress?

I guess it is beyong her imagination that some of us lowly non-journalists actually have minds of our own and can live happy productive lives without her guidance.

Of course all ladies aren't happy hookers. And they aren't all helpless victims. They are a large, diverse group of people with different opinions, different backgrounds, and different goals. In other words, they are just like everyone else.

• Like 5