Hobbyists' budgets for SPs

I have the impression from reading many posts that there are hobbyists out there with unlimited budgets for indulging this particular hobby.

Not so for this guy, who is kind of addicted (let's not get into any medical definition of addiction on this thread) to the companionship that SPs provide.

So, I'm kind of wondering it there are many guys who struggle with their personal budgets in order to indulge and, if so, do they have any magic financial solutions. Apart from a "ponzi" (sp?) scheme. lol

Guest S***e

In as much as I will be retiring from work in January 2010, I will have a reduced disposible income. That said, I've never had unlimited resources to partake in my encounters so I've not been as frequently active as many for that reason and because I was always very busy workwise and I travelled extensively. I am of the mind that quality rules over quantity so I am happy to have fewer encounters of which I am more appreciative. I will continue to set aside something for those special times.

Give me 20 bucks and I'll give you some financial advice about hobbying :)

Seriously, just like the OLGC slogan, play within your limits. If your budget only allows for one or two encounters a month then save up and make your choices wisely. Being part of this board and participating in this community is a wise investment of your time if money is not as fluid as you would like. The resources of the both the ladies and the gents here are priceless.

• Like 1

Like everything else....moderation is the key especially if your resources are limited.

Some suggestions to help moderate the frequency of your hobbying is to be selective on the SP you want to see. By this I mean don't call the first SP that you come across rather research who you want to see so you get the kind of pleasure that you want. If you pick the first SP you see and the experience is not exactly what you want then you will want to see another SP right away because your craving has not been satisfied.

Also if you are selective and have a TDL with only a few SP's then they may not be readily available thus you will naturally will have no choice other than to wait until one of your chosen ones are available.

While you are waiting for one of your SP's to be available....you may have to take things into your own hands....if you know what I mean.

Bottom line....make a budget... and stick to it.

Guest S***e

Glad to see the Cowboy's Diary is alive and well...another excellent source to make sure one's playdough isn't wasted.

Seriously, just like the OLGC slogan, play within your limits. If your budget only allows for one or two encounters a month then save up and make your choices wisely. Being part of this board and participating in this community is a wise investment of your time if money is not as fluid as you would like. The resources of the both the ladies and the gents here are priceless.

thanks for the advice guys.

Problem is- I'm good at making budgets, but like all our governments, I tend to go into deficit spending. lol

btw - when I see Cowboy Kenny riding his horse down Barrington Street in Halifax, then I'll give him $20.00 and take his advice. lol

I do get the quality over quantity aspect of the budget. Just have to keep the hormones in check.

I think I still have some hormones left otherwise I wouldn't be doing this.

Reminds me of a sign one of the guys at work has over his desk: "Are you gullible? Find out for only $10.00."

8-)

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time
... I'm kind of wondering it there are many guys who struggle with their personal budgets in order to indulge and, if so, do they have any magic financial solutions. Apart from a "ponzi" (sp?) scheme. lol

D., my fine kilted friend. I was sulking a year ago, what with having been retired for three years and my investments having taken a whacking in the markets. At that time, I vowed to start budgeting my pennies a little tighter. But by the time spring rolled around, I had concocted a little story that I told myself in order to get around that annoying inconvenience. I figured either:

a) I'm going to live for a
long
while yet, in which case there is plenty of time for the markets and my investments to bounce back -- so no need for draconian budget measures right now;
or

b) I'm
not
going to live for a long time, in which case I have plenty of money to last me out without a market recovery -- so again, no need for more stringent budgeting.

So ... I'm still running on a budget, even though it's a budget arrived at through a touch of voodoo accounting.

(disclaimer: I do not own a kilt. Voodoo accounting does not work in Scotland.)

D., my fine kilted friend. I was sulking a year ago, what with having been retired for three years and my investments having taken a whacking in the markets. At that time, I vowed to start budgeting my pennies a little tighter. But by the time spring rolled around, I had concocted a little story that I told myself in order to get around that annoying inconvenience. I figured either:

a) I'm going to live for a
long
while yet, in which case there is plenty of time for the markets and my investments to bounce back -- so no need for draconian budget measures right now;
or

b) I'm
not
going to live for a long time, in which case I have plenty of money to last me out without a market recovery -- so again, no need for more stringent budgeting.

So ... I'm still running on a budget, even though it's a budget arrived at through a touch of voodoo accounting.

(disclaimer: I do not own a kilt. Voodoo accounting does not work in Scotland.)

WIT - I'm thinking that you should add a "W" to your handle - "Wrinkled, but Wise, In Time". Once again you have managed to articulate my interior devious thought processes as I attempt to deceive myself that I can afford to indulge myself more than my bank manager likely thinks I can. It's a kind of interior decorating; you have to keep changing the colours and the furniture to keep your environment fresh.

As for voodoo accounting not working in Scotland; that's why I'm in Canada. lol. You must have read what happened to the banks in Scotland this past year!!!

I keep telling myself I shouldn't, because that's money that could go to better and more efficient uses. But when push comes to shove, little misterme takes over and off I go. What I do to combat that is go as long as I can before seeing another SP.

I don't know if this even makes sense reading it over again.

Misterme might just have but like all things once in a while (maybe more than once in a while) you might need to indulge with someone special.

Unfortunately there is no magic bullet. CK is worth 20$ though ;)

I keep telling myself I shouldn't, because that's money that could go to better and more efficient uses. But when push comes to shove, little misterme takes over and off I go. What I do to combat that is go as long as I can before seeing another SP.

I don't know if this even makes sense reading it over again.