SP question about references

I have no problem supplying a reference for my clients, not sure why some SP's wouldn't.

Variety IS the Spice of Life, afterall! :mrgreen:

Maybe some SP's feel insulted or insecure with such a request? :confused:

A client (sorry for the term) will visit with whom ever he pleases, with or without any lady's consent.

I have no problem providing a reference for someone that I have previously met.

With that in mind, yes i do ask for a reference prior to arranging an encounter and yes some lady's are not the easiest to get a reply from in regards to a reference. If a reference is unavailable, there are other ways to verify you.

Why.... There are a lot of reasons that I ask for a reference, one of the main ones is to verify you ( as someone who is a gentleman), A lot of people do not wish to share any personal details (which I respect and completely understand) from my point of view, understand that I am going to be sharing my private space with you and need to feel comfortable that you are whom you claim to be, as well that anything I ask you, I have asked anyone that I have visited with or anyone wishing to visit.

Yes I can research you, but there are a lot of people out there who claim to be someone that they are not. I have had people claiming to be someone on here, and when I pm'd them I was informed that they did not contact me.

A lot of time wasted on something that could have been answered in one reference.

Emily

I have no problem giving references if asked. I have in the past.

If I ask for a reference (I haven't yet, since unlike Naomi, I have entirely TOO much time on my hands and sit around on CERB at all hours of the day/night ;) ), I just want to know if you (the SP) would see the gent in question again. If you would not see him again, a brief explanation as to why will suffice (he was gross, he creeped you out, he was vulgar, or whatever your reason, etc).

First of all I respect any SP that asks for references ... it is a prudent thing to screen potential clients which ever way you want (and asking for a reference is a personal choice).

When I started this thread a few weeks ago, I was not intending to judge any SP that asks for a reference rather I was trying to determine if I should ask any SP to provide a reference to another SP. (because I am unsure of the reaction I may get)

What might shed some light on the dilema is for SP's that request references to share with us whether the SP's giving the reference appeared comfortable and willing to provide information or did they seem to be put out a bit by providing a reference.

So to Naomi and Emma (who have indicated in this thread that they have at sometime asked for a reference before seeing a client) as well as other SPs, what kind of replies did/do you get from the SP providing the reference? Were the replies positive or negative? This might give us a handle on whether SP's are generally accepting or not of providing references.

Cheers

First of all I respect any SP that asks for references ... it is a prudent thing to screen potential clients which ever way you want (and asking for a reference is a personal choice).

When I started this thread a few weeks ago, I was not intending to judge any SP that asks for a reference rather I was trying to determine if I should ask any SP to provide a reference to another SP. (because I am unsure of the reaction I may get)

What might shed some light on the dilema is for SP's that request references to share with us whether the SP's giving the reference appeared comfortable and willing to provide information or did they seem to be put out a bit by providing a reference.

So to Naomi and Emma (who have indicated in this thread that they have at sometime asked for a reference before seeing a client) as well as other SPs, what kind of replies did/do you get from the SP providing the reference? Were the replies positive or negative? This might give us a handle on whether SP's are generally accepting or not of providing references.

Cheers

I think SP's are generally accepting of providing references. When I've been asked, the request was polite, something along the lines of: So and so would like to book with me, he listed you as a reference, when you have a moment could you please let me know if you'd see him again?

And I always reply as soon as I can.

Cheers

I think I've ever only had one SP not reply to my request for a reference... I later found out she had left the business and stopped checking her e-mails.

Most of the time replies are quick and simple.

They usually include; saw him this many times, was great, clean, sweet, fun, ect..

Sometimes you get what a great client they've always been and how they had a lot of fun with a guy.... that's about it.

I get lovely, helpful, to the point reference from all the ladies I've asked.. I'm very appreciative of all the ladies who not only take the time to answer every time, but do it with class and friendliness...

I've also never gotten a bad/negative reference..

Everyone has told me how lovely the gent I'm about to see will be and so far they all have lived up to such.

• Like 1

I don`t think it`s necessary to go and ask a service provider to give you a good recomendation. They don`t ask me. I`m sure it`s not a problem if we are ok guys. Right girls?

I don`t think it`s necessary to go and ask a service provider to give you a good recomendation. They don`t ask me. I`m sure it`s not a problem if we are ok guys. Right girls?

excatly....:wink:

I think I've ever only had one SP not reply to my request for a reference... I later found out she had left the business and stopped checking her e-mails.

Most of the time replies are quick and simple.

They usually include; saw him this many times, was great, clean, sweet, fun, ect..

Sometimes you get what a great client they've always been and how they had a lot of fun with a guy.... that's about it.

I get lovely, helpful, to the point reference from all the ladies I've asked.. I'm very appreciative of all the ladies who not only take the time to answer every time, but do it with class and friendliness...

I've also never gotten a bad/negative reference..

Everyone has told me how lovely the gent I'm about to see will be and so far they all have lived up to such.

Most Sp's that i have asked were great with their answers..we don't go into detail it's all pretty much as Naomi says here..i did get one bad one once from a lady which proved to be good as the gent has since been kicked off the board and i have given one bad one.No body from here no worries guys. He is from an American board..i just told the truth as i see it...the lady can take it from there....but that was only once i had to do that ...i know i wouldn't have seen him again.

Someone sent me an anonymous e-mail (to my angelaofottawa e-mail address), telling me they would never see someone without checking a reference first and could not understand why I would take the risk of not doing so and that I should be careful.

I am careful and let me ask you this? I appreciate the way you work and understand why you may want to have a reference before seeing someone, but before you go judging me, please think about this: Some SP somewhere had to have agreed to see that gentlemen for his first time (where he would not have had a reference), whether she verified his information some other way or not (which does not guarantee he's a nice guy).

And I do provide references if asked, so it's not like I don't help out those SPs who feel more comfortable receiving them.

Thank you for letting me vent.

I`m thinking that a service provider is actually a more knowlegeable reference than a client for the simple reason that they are much more experienced in this hobby than us guys are. probably see ten times as many people than we do and it`s time that we listen to thier wisdom. If they want a reference, I`ll tell them all the girls I have seen but I can`t remember them all. I`m old

PJ:handjob:

How do you know the girl you ask the reference from is going to give you a good one?

Recently I was with a favourite SP and after a long and hot session she hugged me and out slipped "I don't care what they say about you, I like you".

WTF?

I don't think most guys are going to use an SP who they think might say something unfavourable about them. I suppose it could happen.

Also, just because I click with a client, doesn't mean he will necessarily click with another SP the same way.

Most of the references I've been asked for were mainly questions like, does he respect your boundaries, does he show up with all of the requested donation, is his hygiene good, does he try to overstay his welcome, etc. - more safety and respect type questions, I would say.