Get your mind out of the gutter;) I'm about to talk about pasta sauce!

Does anyone have any tried and true tasty recipes? I've googled and tried a few but they are all missing something and as a pasta freek I'd love to find that perfect sauce for my noodles:) Any advice would be appreciated:)

Guest c**io**m7

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

15 oz can whole tomatoes...drained and chopped

1/2 cup fresh basil chopped

1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped

1/4 tsp chili peppers dried

1 cup white wine

1/3 cup clam juice

3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan

Best served as follows:

Cook shrimp, scallops or both in olive oil and 4 garlic cloves...set aside

Using same skillet, add tomatoes, half the basil, half the parsley and pepper flakes. Cook 2-3 min over med-high heat. Add wine, clam juice and cream...bring to boil and reduce heat to med-low, simmering 7 to 10 min allowing sauce to thicken. Add half the Parmesan, the cooked seafood, cooked pasta (rotini or penne) and remaining herbs. Toss well and serve with remaining Parmesan.

Although I am not much of a pasta aficionado..

I like the Classico Alfredo sauce, I think its one of the better ones available from a jar.

To kick it up a notch, I sprinkle (real) bacon bits, fresh cracked pepper.

A few cappers I have tried also as well as more grated Parmesan.

M 2c.

Cheers :-)

• Like 1

I am the pasta queen but no sauce ever tastes the same! I tend to create as I go and with whatever I have on hand. My fave is a pasta puttanesca variance. Always olive oil, black olives, sundries tomatoes, capers, garlic and then.....whatever is on hand, onions, sausage, bacon etc... You can't go wrong. Boil the pasta and add to the lightly fried ingredients. OMG...forgot the chilly flakes!

Additional Comments:

Best tomato sauce as a base to add other ingredients...heat olive oil, add a sliced shallot or two, some fresh minced garlic and a bunch of fresh basil, stalks and all. Once translucent, add San Marzano canned tomatoes...no other! Let simmer an hour, add salt and pepper to taste then create! This base can be added to spiced ground meats, sausage etc.

• Like 3

I'm like Meg ... the sauce gets made on the stove-top and will vary depending on what is available. When we have time in the summer we can our own tomatoes. I like to do this without making them into sauce. Just can the whole tomatoes, along with garlic, peppers, onions. This provides an amazing base for making sauces all winter long. And if you are really hungry, it's good enough to just heat up and put over the pasta, without any additional ingredients. I don't mind chunky sauces, so I'm not worried that my sauces aren't smooth.

Guest *l**e

I'm Italian and my Nonna (gramma) made the best sauce I've ever had. Chefs have asked her for the recipe, people have tried to copy it...no one has succeeded. I was the only person she taught to make it, and I perfected it about 15 years ago. I have had chefs from Europe tell me it is the best sauce they have ever had.

All that said, the only way I can share this secret with you is if you marry me!!!

I'm Italian and my Nonna (gramma) made the best sauce I've ever had. Chefs have asked her for the recipe, people have tried to copy it...no one has succeeded. I was the only person she taught to make it, and I perfected it about 15 years ago. I have had chefs from Europe tell me it is the best sauce they have ever had.

All that said, the only way I can share this secret with you is if you marry me!!!

Although tempting, will a pretty please do?

Guest *l**e

One thing I've learned is that everyone's idea of what a great sauce is varies greatly. Even in Italy, different regions make there sauce totally differently.

Tell me what you enjoy the most and I can help for sure.

Do you like a simple marinara with maybe some meatballs, sausage or other meats? Do you like spicy, creamy?? Maybe you prefer a sauce full of veggies etc??

tell me your preferences and I'll see what I can do.

Also, any sauce requires that you have a very good, heavy gauge, steel pot...the thicker the base, the better. Cheap cookware=crappy sauce

Thank you everyone and I RE. I like a tomato sauce that is tangy and sweet with lots of veggies. When I make one I like to add spinach, peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic, onions, celery, tomatoes. But I haven't mastered a flavor that is anything to talk about yet.

Guest *l**e

so...my opinion only...I would cook the nice tangy marinara. I would place pasta on the plate, sauteed veggies on top, then topped off with the marinara and parmesan. If you cook all the veggies you mentioned in the sauce, the tanginess will be over powered by the flavors of the veggies.

If you use canned diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes, add about 50 ml of milk or ricotta cheese to it to cut the acidity. use minimal spices (black pepper, salt, parsley and garlic).

sautee the veggies seperately in olive oil and garlic.

good luck