What do you think of the Ful-Body-scans?

What are the "terrorsits" trying to do? ... blowing up planes is just the metod to their end goal with is causeing terror !

So every time we add a new machine, or new level of security to the system, that restricts our axcess to the system they win just a little more ..

Every time there is a huge story on CNN ot BBC or CBC etcthat sends a wave of terror through the "civilized" world the win a little more...

No I dont think we need to just let them take over either but as has beem mentioned the commonsence factor seems to be missing...

To answer the origional question, sure i will go throught the "full body scanner" .. but then I have nothing to hide, and I hide it well ;)

Loki318

• Like 1

I've been taken aside for secondary inspections on two occasions recently for pat downs. It's no big deal IMOP. As far as the scanning machines go, if it moves us through security quicker (I doubt if it will) then put me through it. The thing that irriates me is that I go through it willingly without protest. I do not fit what one would call the terrorist profile. We the regular population are being searched, poked and prodded while real terrorists are bringing all kinds of materials onboard and these people would be screaming racism/racial profiling etc. if they were searched thoroughly. The wrong people are being seached and targetted, e.g. the regular law-abiding travelling public, e.g. Erin, me, you. Let's see some good old fashioned common-sense here!!!!

I've been through the scanners,patted down,and even questioned in the little room..yes there are bright lights..it drives me crazy...OK being patted down and scanned doesn't bother me but to be questioned is maddening...do i look like i plan on hurting someone,or drug smuggler or just plain crazy. To boot i'm a f/a without a plane. I remember onetime in LAX being brought to "The Room", in there there were people from everywhere...a couple of soccer kids{young adults}, a family with little children...some dudes that had expired passports and others...one lady i was talking to who happened to be from the Middle East said to me"i can see why i'm in here but i can't see why you are." I was wondering why any of us were there. So really my point is...they let some dude with no luggage,on a watch list etc etc onto a plane while others that have no agenda they question and probe...that makes me mad..

I want to be padded down by Emma then taken away for a more thorough examination privately!

anytime if i'm the right Emma...lol..

Scan away! If it speeds up the line and makes the planes safe I say we all walk through naked!

Guest S***e

I agree Emma. It's become total insanity as the wrong people are being scanned, searched and patted down. Yes, please pat away on me Emma and let the examination begin.

I've been through the scanners,patted down,and even questioned in the little room..yes there are bright lights..it drives me crazy...OK being patted down and scanned doesn't bother me but to be questioned is maddening...do i look like i plan on hurting someone,or drug smuggler or just plain crazy. To boot i'm a f/a without a plane. I remember onetime in LAX being brought to "The Room", in there there were people from everywhere...a couple of soccer kids{young adults}, a family with little children...some dudes that had expired passports and others...one lady i was talking to who happened to be from the Middle East said to me"i can see why i'm in here but i can't see why you are." I was wondering why any of us were there. So really my point is...they let some dude with no luggage,on a watch list etc etc onto a plane while others that have no agenda they question and probe...that makes me mad..

anytime if i'm the right Emma...lol..

Guest Ou**or**n

Every time something like this happens the US grossly overreacts. Terrorists sadly have been phenomenally successfully at both inflicting terror and huge economic costs to the US and its citizens. It is very sad and many of the US founding fathers would profoundly disagree with the massive loss of freedoms American citizens have endured.

A guy sews explosives into his underwear and that translates into not being able to bring on carry-on bags? This is all security theatre to make it look like something is being done.

I'm all for better intelligence and technical solutions like the body scanners. The key is take actions that make sense and keep lines to a minimum. That is what it will take to keep people flying and tourists still going to the US. I travel to Asia sometimes and have usually used a US airline and gone through the US. Next time I will pay a couple of hundred extra and take a route that doesn't go through the US.

Guest S***e

Now that would be fun Tracie...feel free to jump in as we can make room for three in the scanner somehow. I think I'd miss my flight though!

Emma and Spike in the same scan.......spike? how you feel about that darling?

Oh Spikie.......let's miss the flight......we get a day at the airport Together!!!!!!!!

WOW...that is for a New Experience Eh?????

Pack light darling.....

Guest S****an

The sad thing about all this is that flying, terrorism or no, is the safest way to travel. As the saying goes, the most dangerous part of any flight is the trip to and from the airport by car.

It has been well documented that if people switch from flying to automobile travel more, not fewer, deaths result because the risk of automobile travel is much higher. The hassle at the airports can actually make us all less safe. For a good read on this subject I would recommend the book "Risk" by Dan Gardner, an Ottawa Citizen reporter.

I'm afraid scanners, restrictions on luggage, etc are counterproductive and do very little to improve safety.

I wanted to raise that point, but...

What makes a terrorist a terrorist - why are their lives so empty that they want to destroy themselves to take out a few of us westerners (Americans) ? We can spent billions on the spy vs spy BS, or being Canadians, maybe we could ask a few open minded questions...