Respect a Must

"For one to be happy one must risk unhappiness"

These past few weeks have brought up a number of great topics and discussion, ranging anywhere from `did I fall in love with my SP?` to Discretion to Respect for the SPs.

No matter where you are or what you are doing respect is always a #1 on the personal integrity scale.

I have always acted as a true gentlemen with any SP and I have always respected each of them for who they are ...- not what they do. And we should be able to respect ourselves as clients for what we do. C`est vrai?

I am a single father of 4, a busy professional with, as you may well appreciate, a very full life. No rest for the wicked they say!!! I was not, and am not, ready for any kind of fulltime relationship. There is only so much of me that I can spread around.

But as plans go they don`t always come to fruition. For not wanting to be emotionally involved, I ended up being just that after seeing the same SP for upwards of 2 1/2 years. We were becoming quite close ... perhaps too much so for our own good. And it got to the point that the level of seriousness was a little uncomfortable ...- and more for her than I. You see there is quite a different perspective in terms of client and SP. I know that from my own `client` work.

Although I have developed a very deep affection for this woman ... and would always be there for her if she needed me...there are some things that can`t mix. And I have to respect that about her. And certainly, especially so, when I know she also has strong feelings for me.

So, out of respect for her, I have backed off -- completely.

Perhaps things will change over time (I hope so) and perhaps not.

I have known many in this buisness over the years, some who no longer practice but remains friends, and they have said this to me: "Whenever we were different feelings for a client and thinking about them often we found ourselves making `love` to him and then seeing others just became emotionally tough on us"

Makes sense.

This special woman that became part of my life deserves a whole lot of respect for that decision. They should all be treated as ladies ... they are gems to us for a lot of different reasons.

To all the `clients` out there ...- be respectful of your SP ... after all she is a vibrant, intelligent woman who treats you well.

• Like 5

Guest S***e

You are preaching to the choir as the saying goes. Being respectful is paramount as is mutual safety and personal well-being. I have never had an ongoing client/SP relationship for a period any longer than a few months as I too find that I become somewhat attached which is to be expected I guess. Being married, I make sure I do not become emotionally involved beyond some feelings of warmth, affection and attraction. There's probably a very fuzzy greyish line there somewhere that I try not to cross.

I'm glad that you recognized and acknowledged your feelings towards her however. There's been past discussions on CERB pertaining to the viability of a client/SP relationship going beyond the "business" level to a formal personal relationship and given the right circumstances and the right two individuals, why not?

You are obviously life experienced and mature which will serve you well in this matter.

Concerning the issue of respect, I am the type of person who provides respect to everyone initially. Whether or not I keep giving it is entirely contingent upon the actions of this person. I give respect as a matter of course and you do not have to earn it from me.

you should alway's respect a sp or anyone else, respect is paramount,I for one alway's respect the ladies that I am with, and hope other's would do the same.

I for one always respect the lady I am seeing or any other lady for that matter. However, the problem is not all "clients" respect the ladies and in turn not all ladies respect their "clients." Respect is a two way street and it is earned not commanded!