January resolutions????

I am curious.....

Every year I try to quit smoking....my only sin, he....he..he

Every year I fail.....

Right now I am trying as hard as I can....but I am not sure if I can hold it....

any suggestions???????????/

What about your resolutions?

Are you keeping up with them?

Tell me..I love to hear from you

Tracie:rolleyes:

TG - I used to play soccer, I still coach. And for as long as I can remember I've made my teams streeetch before and after games.

But I never did it myself - even when I did a lot of running, apart from soccer.

Now I have a serious lower back problem that affects my lower legs and feet. I can't play any more but I still coach.

You would think that I would have been smart enough to start stretching long before now, but no.

So, my resolution is to streeetch every day, and also to use a "balance board" every day.

It's January 8 and I'm good with the stretching but I'm behind with the balance board.

I think it's because I spend too much time sitting at my computer "hobbying" lol.

If you ever come to the east coast let me know in advance and we will see how far you can stretch my most important muscle. lol

My resolution is to avoid the SP scene. I overdid it in 2009, so now it's time to back away. We shall see if I succeed.

My resolution is to avoid the SP scene. I overdid it in 2009, so now it's time to back away. We shall see if I succeed.

Good luck with that. :grin:

I am curious.....

Every year I fail.....

Right now I am trying as hard as I can....but I am not sure if I can hold it....

:bjs:Tracie, you gotta promise yourself never to have another cigarette as long as you live. I tried many times until I made that promise to myself 25 years ago. I`m still not smoking. Now if I can only do that with the wine and overeating I`d be healthy but would I be happy ?

My resolution is to be happy and sorta healthy:butt::motion:

PJ

Thanks PJ....would you like me if I turn to overeating and bend my elbow too often???? how far large becomes fat?????

I will work on it....you keep trying to be healthy too....

Hugs

Guest S***e

Tracie:

Quitting smoking can be very difficult and many people go through repeated attemts during the process. I quit smoking in 1980 after a number of unsuccessful stabs at it. Back then there was little available to help people quit and I ended up seeing a medical doctor who did acupuncture to treat addictions. I saw him three or four times and I did manage to quit. At that time, I commenced being more proactive about my health and fitness, so I started working out regularly and started running. This helped me keep my weight in check and I felt better almost at the onset. I ran in and completed my first marathon (42.2 km) race in 1983 and have been running ever since, but nowadays it's more for fitness as I retired from running events a few years ago after doing several marathons and half marathons over that period. I replaced one addiction (smoking) with another (running,weight training and martial arts). Even with a strong background in physical education, I smoked for almost 15 years before deciding that I needed to quit while I was ahead. My mother died from lung cancer (she was a smoker) long after I quit and I'm so glad I did quit. There are a number of smoking cessation clinics around now and most doctors have resources to help people quit. I used to ask myself, "Who's the boss? Me or the cigarettes."

I wish you the best of luck in your resolution to quit smoking.

I am curious.....

Every year I fail.....

I smoked for 20 years Tracie and I tired pretty much everything. I downloaded a self hypnosis stop smoking CD and the urge to smoke was gone. I couldn't believe it. The following day I could stand next to smokers and I didn't want one. It's been 6 years now and I still have no cravings. If you haven't tried it I would recommend giving it a shot. All the best in 2010.

Guest S***e

That's most interesting. Glad you were successful.

I smoked for 20 years Tracie and I tired pretty much everything. I downloaded a self hypnosis stop smoking CD and the urge to smoke was gone. I couldn't believe it. The following day I could stand next to smokers and I didn't want one. It's been 6 years now and I still have no cravings. If you haven't tried it I would recommend giving it a shot. All the best in 2010.

Guest f***2f***

Quitting smoking is tough. I quit in 1982 after several failed attempts...3 years without at one point! Key for me was cold turkey, stopped hanging with people who smoke and was with an SO who didn't smoke and was dead set against it.

My resolutions: Lose weight, get to the gym, adopt a simpler life style.....easy eh??

Edited by f***2f***
typo

Thanks PJ....would you like me if I turn to overeating and bend my elbow too often???? how far large becomes fat?????

I will work on it....you keep trying to be healthy too....

Hugs

yes I would like you if you drink a bit and put on a couple pounds. In moderation of course. Smoking is the worst thing for you and I`m sure we are all rooting for you.:boobies:

I am curious.....

Every year I fail.....

I didn't smoke since 20 years.You just need to be strong and hold on to your resolution my dear.

this thread reminds me of the old joke and, seeing as how I'm so mature, it may be new to some -

Q. Do you smoke after intercourse?

A. I don't know, I've never looked.

Ouch - groan

Couldn't resist.

My Resolutions and results so far:

Gain Weight - Well, I'm not losing weight...and I seem to be developing some fatty tissue around my waist.

Stop Biting Fingernails - I was able to open a banana without using a knife, I'm so proud of that.

Work out - Feel the pain! Feel the burn! Feel the GAIN! My arms feel like lead weights, and this time it isn't from masturbating too much.

Get a Girlfriend (a not crazy gf, crazy didn't work last time, I doubt it will work this time) - Nothing yet...but I am meeting lots of new women, and going out with them quite frequently.

My resolution is not to make any resolutions that have a potential that I can't keep. I don't feel bad then!