Spending Survey for the guys

How much do you spend on the hobby per month (avg)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you spend on the hobby per month (avg)

• less than $250
    • $250-$500
    • $500-$750
    • $750 and up

Guest s******ecan****

Ran across a Stats Canada report (from 2006 I think) analyzing how much Canadians spend on recreation.

Got me to wondering how much we tend to spend on the hobby.

Guest W***ledi*Time
Got me to wondering how much we tend to spend on the hobby.

Scott, interesting poll ... I don't think there's been a spending poll since the recession hit? (I stand to be corrected)

I think the last one was muff rancher's poll of Aug 2008:

http://cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4901

(Well timed question too, I just closed my books for 2009. All I've got to do is divide by 12.)

Guest s******ecan****

Thanks for the link WIT I tried a search before I posted the poll but couldn't find one. It may be interesting to see what difference (if any) there is now. Previous sample was 83 responses with a slim majority spending below $400/mnth.

Edited by s******ecan****
typo

My average has taken a dive since my favorite SP has headed out west for the winter; honestly have only seen a few SP since she left and am having a hard time getting back into it, something about those eyes... :cooter:

For me it depends on the time of the year. I travel more in the spring, summer and fall therefore I hobby more as well. Curious...a Halifax SP told me once that she is less busy in the summer than the other seasons. She explained it as most guys are on vacation and home with the family during these months. I wonder if this is true for any of the other ladies?

Scott, interesting poll ... I don't think there's been a spending poll since the recession hit? (I stand to be corrected)

I think the last one was muff rancher's poll of Aug 2008:

http://cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4901

(Well timed question too, I just closed my books for 2009. All I've got to do is divide by 12.)

I kept very close records for a few years and I was shocked at what I was spending, and it lead me to cut back on the hobby that was in 06/07...

I am starting to get back to that amount of "disposible" income but the oppertunitys are less.

Loki318