What Makes a Good Site Good Or Bad?

Guest S**a*Q

I was thinking the same thing about my website a month ago...

I just redid mine.. It's one of those free ones, so I'm limited to what I can do with it.

I think a good site is easy to navigate, informative and not overly cluttered.

That's what I did when I revamped mine a little. I took out a lot of the unnecessary stuff that made finding simple info difficult. I think my website still looks a little "ghetto" but that's because it's free and I'm limited to what I can do... I think a good website should portray a little of "who you are" as well.

Which is why I agree that Little Lady's is a great site, it's really fun and I think that tells a lot about her personality. :D

I like sites that are well organized and easy to navigate. I would also love to see many photographs in different stages of dress. I love seeing a women dressed elegantly as well as in sexy lingerie. Just my 2 cents worth.

In brief: Keep it simple. Make sure navigation is easy, be stylistically consistent (ie. same font used all around), and avoid anything that is 'loud'. When I say that I'm referring to sight and sound. Subtle effects are more elegant and music is something to avoid altogether. And check out the thread showing the nicely done websites to give yourself some ideas of what you think looks good, what you like, and how you could replicate that for your own site using your own stylistic touches. And if you need any technical advice, there's probably 100 people here that could give you tips!

Posted via Mobile Device

A good website consists of

Ease of navigation

Photos that are of good quality and not to small

A listing of your services

Donation amounts

Contact information

It does not have to be a very elaborate site full of flash visualizations, a small well laid out site that is visually appealing and informative is all it really requires.

Here is a thread that you will find a number of very well done sites.

• Like 1

I think my website still looks a little "ghetto" but that's because it's free and I'm limited to what I can do... :D

@SaraMQ - First, let me say, I don't think your website looks bad at all. I know what you mean about it and the limitations of a free site though -you're right, the two kind of go hand in hand...

Ultimately, unless you can spend a lot of money on it, do it yourself, or have a friend that can do it for you, your hands are tied.

That being said, another CERB member, CarmenCandy, has a very nice site that I'm pretty sure was free (I actually posted her site in a previous thread about nice SP sites)... maybe you could check out where her site is hosted.

Here's her site:

http://www.carmencandy.webs.com/

Here's the main page for the place her site is hosted at:

http://www.webs.com/

@AngelaAurora - I have to agree with some of the other comments posted already...

- clean, uncluttered

- simple to navigate

- clearly presented, concise information

Often, people get caught up with all of the bells and whistles, and go for big, bright, flashy... they forget, that a web site should ultimately convey information (that's what I go to any web site for)... The easier it is for me to find the information I'm looking for, the better!

:smile:

Guest S**a*Q
@SaraMQ - First, let me say, I don't think your website looks bad at all. I know what you mean about it and the limitations of a free site though -you're right, the two kind of go hand in hand...

Ultimately, unless you can spend a lot of money on it, do it yourself, or have a friend that can do it for you, your hands are tied.

That being said, another CERB member, CarmenCandy, has a very nice site that I'm pretty sure was free (I actually posted her site in a previous thread about nice SP sites)... maybe you could check out where her site is hosted.

:smile:

I checked out the other site you mentioned... I totally forgot about the webs site. As I don't have anything on my site that is technically "adult" I could establish another one there and go with the best... Or keep both :)

Thanks for the great info. :)

I like little lady's site.. you should check it out... I'm not sure what it is off-hand, though..

Little Lady's site is by far one the best I've ever seen!

I believe your website should be as unique as you are! Definitely I will echo the obvious...clear, concise, basic info available, etc. Have fun with the process! How boring would it be for the guys if we all had the same sort of sight? We are all individuals with something different to bring to the table and I believe our websites should reflect this.

I have music on my sight with the option to turn it off or down and have had only favorable responses regarding it. To each their own on this one.

Also, the site gotta be fast to load. Remove flash from at least the main page.

I feel that music should be at 0 volume and the visitor to your site should have the option of turning it up to listen.

For example I went to an SP website and the music came blaring on, glad I was alone at the time.

I feel that music should be at 0 volume and the visitor to your site should have the option of turning it up to listen.

For example I went to an SP website and the music came blaring on, glad I was alone at the time.

Exactly. Discretion is a key factor. A hobbyist's SO could be in the next room, or even just a few feet away. Music will undoubtedly draw unwanted attention.

Exactly. Discretion is a key factor. A hobbyist's SO could be in the next room, or even just a few feet away. Music will undoubtedly draw unwanted attention.

I agree also, the style of music is something to be considered. Nothing like some hard core hip hop stuff coming out of your speakers at the most in appropriate times:|

I believe in using the KISS method (Keep it Simple Stupid ), make the site easy to navigate like here. As you have checked out some of the girls web sites on here. I have found some of the girls websites difficult to follow and others very easy.

Being computer illeterate (sic) I like the easy sites better and more likely to contact the person.

Angela, I don't mind the free sites with the ads and stuff....an ubber professional site sort of gives me the feeling that the girl is making too much money...so the free sites are like the blue collar worker sites or something like that.

YOUR site is good, however I really don't like the large stretched out photo of you at the top. It's too distorted. A normal size photo or one that isn't stretched would look more professional and match the rest of the site better. Just my opinion.

I am thinking of re doing my site, for a few reasons. What makes a good site, or better yet, what doesn't make a good site? Your input is appreciated.

if you hav a site that wants me to load down a program to view it.

I will absolutely not look at it.

I have gone to 4 sites from here today, to view and couldn't view the site because of the required download program.

I will not download programs I DON'T KNOW!

I have visted atleast 10 sites and the easy simple ones were the ones I enjoyed the most and would most likely contact for a visitation.

Angela, I don't mind the free sites with the ads and stuff....an ubber professional site sort of gives me the feeling that the girl is making too much money...so the free sites are like the blue collar worker sites or something like that.

YOUR site is good, however I really don't like the large stretched out photo of you at the top. It's too distorted. A normal size photo or one that isn't stretched would look more professional and match the rest of the site better. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up, I am going to get on that ASAP! :wink: BTW, fixed now. Used a new template.

if you hav a site that wants me to load down a program to view it.

I will absolutely not look at it.

I have gone to 4 sites from here today, to view and couldn't view the site because of the required download program.

I will not download programs I DON'T KNOW!

What kind of programs are you referring to? Can't say I have ever come across this, Flash is about the only thing that I see out there and that's about as standard as they come.

If any ladies want some advice on making a flash site for FREE send me a pm. It was actually easy, the hard part (for me) was hosting it properly and making sure my privacy was protected.

What kind of programs are you referring to? Can't say I have ever come across this, Flash is about the only thing that I see out there and that's about as standard as they come.

It doesn't say what program, it goes this site would like you to allow them to open a program to allow access to the site, then a box comes up saying open