When Starting a Recomendation

Let's show a sense of discretion and respect for women. Just because they're service providers, doesn't mean that they need to be eroticized at every moment possible.

• Like 1

I think a good reco has to leave *something* up to the imagination of the reader, lol. I mean if the reader already knows what to expect to a tee and has got the thirp party experience, why would he need to book now?

its like your buddy is gonna do the same girl you did...and you go out for a beer and he asks you eagerly "so man, how was she?"

generally any guy would probably say "She's really beautiful and makes you feel so relaxed...totally got me off" or at the very worst "She was awesome...what an ass on that one! and gorgeous tits and man can that girl give a good BJ!"

you *wont* however hear his friend start into a graphic play by play where he uses phrases like "I slipped inside her with my love-stick and instantly felt her warmth" or "she cooed under my massive manly weight while she grinded on me later tossing her hair around screaming 'oh YES!!!'"

face it, its kinda tacky.....if your buddy wanted to read a romance novel I'm sure he could have gone to Chapters.

Annessa, you have another calling! Bet you could rake in millions writing those cheesy romance novels LOL

haha, I'd need a pretty large bucket beside me for all the hurling I'd have to do in-between typing tho, lol :roll:

Guest Ou**or**n

"she cooed under my massive manly weight while she grinded on me later tossing her hair around screaming 'oh YES!!!'"

I think I'm going to need a moment...

I agree guys certainly don't talk that way to each other. However many of us spent our boyhood allowances on 'Variations' instead of the purely pictorial magazines.

If there isn't enough detail in the description of the encounter to justify a recommendation (or bad review for another board), the the recommendation comes of like a shill (or drive-by-slagging). I want to know why this person is recommended and what made her worthy of your putting your reputation on the line. Not all of us are looking for the same things, and some thing that may make her your all time fave, might creep me out. Too little detail is simply noise.

lol @ typo police tff

Aside from the self-defeating argument put forth by the OP - like any place across the Web (especially Chat Rooms) or the World - if you can't handle it, move on.

While some people harp on grammar - the point of communication is to get a message across - and while I agree there is value in common grammar best practices for the collective, it's not the end of the world if one has the ability to understand messages even when 'the Queen's grammar' isn't used. It's called adjusting - some people can, and obviously, some people can't.

In the end, if one doesn't like the way people chat on a Website - then go start ones own site and dictate grammar all they want (we'll see which communities flourish, and which ones don't). If one doesn't like something or can't lump it - then go get ones money back and move on to greener grammar pastures ;) Seems like everyone will be happier that way.

Side note: My experience of being on the Web since 1992 has shown that by far the majority of people who complain about typos, are those who can't communicate very well in the first place. Just my observation. I wouldn't get my knickers in a knot over it thou. :-P

In this case, 'When starting a thread about typos...' try Spell-check if one doesn't know how to spell properly.

[something to think about before you click that "Submit" button.] :)

If there isn't enough detail in the description of the encounter to justify a recommendation (or bad review for another board), the the recommendation comes of like a shill (or drive-by-slagging). I want to know why this person is recommended and what made her worthy of your putting your reputation on the line. Not all of us are looking for the same things, and some thing that may make her your all time fave, might creep me out. Too little detail is simply noise.

some food for thought: perhaps a gent giving his "thumbs up" to a girl and saying "what happend between us sexually will remain between us both" should translate as repsectful....not a shill. my goodness. If anything this doesnt put a man's reputation on the line for being discrete....quite the opposite. he is respecting an intimate encounter but willing to give his recommendation of that lady.....and the YMMV will always serve what may "creep you out" as being out of the writen picture

For example, if you are looking for *exactly* what to expect and email a lady about her services offered, you will rarely receive an email back saying "well first we'll talk over wine, then when the energy gets too much for me, I'll throw my leg over you and whisper in your ear for you to fuck me, then...after that, I'll mount you and grind over your jeans and then begg you to take them off...then I'll rip your pants off and tease your penis-head until I give you the best blowjob you've ever...."

wake the hell up!

if you want detail, take the chance and book the girl.

One man's experience may not be your own, especially if you want your experience played out to make sure you get the exact same treatment as the man before you....after your post I will warn that you might not get what you're looking for if you are too picky about how your experience may compare to other's.

Your above-all chemistry will win over a lady....not saying "well i read in a recommendation that you did *this and that* for *so and so* and you both had a great time. YOU are not HIM and a reco should not tell you what kind of amazing bond you are going to have with that woman....thats up to you. It is definitely a two way street and not one based on a menu of services...Your Millage May Vary (YMMV).

This website says "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all"...if you are worried about what to expect, rickoshadows, or are worried you might be "creeped out" in person, there is no harm in putting the big-boy pants on and asking the lady in question yourself.

jus saying :roll:

I disagree with some of the ladies who seem to find play by plays or recommendations that are more descriptive to be distasteful.

You can hardly argue with them wanting to write about their amazing experience with as much description as possible. You want to convey the experience including the acts and how it made you feel. Since these are recommendations, and as such are all written from a positive point of view, I hardly see the issue. I write about personal sexual encounters that I have in detail on my blog, and I don't see anything wrong with it. And obviously stories about an erotic experience are going to eroticize the participants, you can hardly complain when you are in the business of being erotic.

In regards to how they tell their tawdry tale, writing styles are subjective--I prefer some auteurs over others, as I'm sure everyone here has their own preferences.

• Like 1

You can hardly argue with them wanting to write about their amazing experience with as much description as possible. You want to convey the experience including the acts and how it made you feel.

i respect your opinion Erin, I just find that most of those recos sound boast-ful....and not really written with the interest of how another man may appreciate her, but rather detail his experience in a show-off-y kinda way.

The initial reco has the member tick off services provided by the provider, some may not be included in following recos after the OP but I definitely stand by the fact that too heavy detail could lead to distaste for another curious member.

For example i would never want a more conservaive client to hear about all my "wild happenings" with other men....I feel it takes away from any class i try to hold myself to....whether in the business of being erotic or not. I remember being part of Poly party and all members wanted to give a play by play of how the whole event went down in a joined-reco...I know that some mat not be comfortable with that image of me if they were more tame in their requests.

There are many ways to convey how a girl made you feel without having to go into graphic detail as to what you did with her or what services she provided to you.

• Like 1

I can tell you over my time there has been graphic details in my rec's and the lady was quite happy with it AND approved it.

Actually here is one, and the lady was quite happy with it and we sent it back and forth prior to sending it in.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5108

another one in a duo, again you don't need to read it but I guess a lot of others did.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8048

And both rec's were not a "show your off kinda way" but of some comedy, some detail, SOME GRAMMAR errors, oh and both posts had many views, so it is evident that the gentlemen and ladies enjoy reading those types of rec's. Now on the other hand I have done many without graphic detail as per the lady So what is really the issue? ( NOW this thread was all about- grammar, but turn a wrong corner, but who gives a shit eh?)

Additional Comments:

I just looked at your rec's Annessa you have 65 pages and 13,500 some views, and I hit about the 3rd page and there is graphic detail.

Did you consider these all boast-full?

I'am 100 percent sure that the men that wrote these recs, and continued onwards all showed an appreciation for you, (13,500+views and 65 pages) I think some of the graphic detail help the next gent reading and then book an appointment.

I'm not understanding your logic and others other then you may find it too graphic. Some of you should go back into Dreamer8's original posts on his recs, and read his commentary, we did not have a rec section and form to fill out it was just a thread started on the lady.

Anyways I'm done talking about this, I write with all respect of the lady and get the okay to do so.

i respect your opinion Erin, I just find that most of those recos sound boast-ful....and not really written with the interest of how another man may appreciate her, but rather detail his experience in a show-off-y kinda way.

The initial reco has the member tick off services provided by the provider, some may not be included in following recos after the OP but I definitely stand by the fact that too heavy detail could lead to distaste for another curious member.

For example i would never want a more conservaive client to hear about all my "wild happenings" with other men....I feel it takes away from any class i try to hold myself to....whether in the business of being erotic or not. I remember being part of Poly party and all members wanted to give a play by play of how the whole event went down in a joined-reco...I know that some mat not be comfortable with that image of me if they were more tame in their requests.

There are many ways to convey how a girl made you feel without having to go into graphic detail as to what you did with her or what services she provided to you.

Guest W***ledi*Time

The fact is that there is a wide variation of opinion among the ladies regarding recommendations. This is of course no surprise and has been amply demonstrated in this thread. As we know, some ladies have gone so far as to have requested to be put on the DNR list (no recos at all); some prefer only vague generalities and loathe specifics; some are entirely comfortable with various degrees of specifics and detail. Neither approach is right, and neither is wrong. No recommendation will satisfy everyone on Cerb -- but this is okay, since any given reco need satisfy only two parties -- the author, and the subject(s). If this simple and standard precaution has been taken, then third parties really have no grounds for sniping at it, in my opinion.

Many authors of recommendations here on Cerb do fully consider that one very important aspect of any recommendation is that it is a marketing vehicle for the lady. One truism of the marketing world is that advertising based on specifics can be more effective than advertising based on generalities. Specific details can capture the attention and stick in the memory of the viewer/reader much more effectively and for a longer period than do many bland generalities. Identical vague praise of a number of different things or services do not help potential customers in deciding which thing or service is right for them. Many ladies here understand this, I think -- just look at the content of the ads the ladies themselves have written and posted!

Example: Someone who dislikes seafood will be disappointed if, after reading several restaurant reviews that say simply "awesome food -- highly recommended" -- they then show up at one of these restaurants only to find out that it exclusively serves fish. The next time, you may be sure, this potential customer will be much more appreciative of restaurant reviews that are more specific -- such as "Chicken Kiev was buttery and tasty". (And no I am NOT comparing the ladies to restaurants -- the point is a general one about recommendations and marketing!)

wake the hell up!

if you want detail, take the chance and book the girl.

This website says "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all"...if you are worried about what to expect, rickoshadows, or are worried you might be "creeped out" in person, there is no harm in putting the big-boy pants on and asking the lady in question yourself.

jus saying :roll:

Whew, Touchy! I think I like you.

I'm talking about the extremes here.

eg 1: I saw Ms X the other day and had a great time. she is highly recommended. Please treat her well.

eg 2: I saw X the other day, she is a psycho and and a skank.

Neither is very informative. the former will do nothing for the lady in question while the latter can cause a lot of pain and loss of reputation.

Case 3:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24633

So Annessa, tell me, What is you opinion on the information content in the linked recommendation?

For myself, while enjoy reading "graphic detail" when it is well written, I am not that accomplished a writer myself and usually limit myself to the aspects of the encounter which support my recommendation.

why is MOVING on an argument? I'm calling y'all on your bullshit. Why would you want to have a discussion, exploring the possibility that you might be wrong. I'm tired of being a sheep - expand your minds, tread the boundaries of consciousness.

sheesh.

ps: I still think that play by plays are lame as fuck harlequin bullshit. If you disagree with me than you can go back to wanking at thoughts of your manhood being crushed by the woman you call mother.

I respect your opinion

You should also respect others opinions

These comments are uncalled for.

• Like 1

I just looked at your rec's Annessa you have 65 pages and 13,500 some views, and I hit about the 3rd page and there is graphic detail.

Did you consider these all boast-full?

I'am 100 percent sure that the men that wrote these recs, and continued onwards all showed an appreciation for you, (13,500+views and 65 pages) I think some of the graphic detail help the next gent reading and then book an appointment.

I'm not understanding your logic and others other then you may find it too graphic. Some of you should go back into Dreamer8's original posts on his recs, and read his commentary, we did not have a rec section and form to fill out it was just a thread started on the lady.

Anyways I'm done talking about this, I write with all respect of the lady and get the okay to do so.

I think you're confusing my opinion as an attack on *your* writting style. You certainly have written a very god reco of me without having to get too much into detail so I'm confudes as to why you would think I lack appreciation of your recos or anyone's for that matter.

when a gent asks if he can write a reco I always give him permission but I say to leave the details of our encounter out.

The graphic one you referred to on page three was actually on the third editing by my request....it used to be a lot more indiscreet and had a lot of back and forths of our private conversation, there were some definite worse graphic parts that I asked the posted to delete. He appologized and did so, maybe not entirely to my liking but I'm not going to control entirely how someone's review on me should go....but I will say that I did not entirely approve of the final posting and have comtemplated having deleted altogether as the clients that are going to book me based on a raunchily written recommendation are not exactly the type of men I want to attract.

Emphasis mine.

We are all working in the SEX industry. What we do with one client, might not be for another client, but if a client refuses to see you because they're not comfortable with the image someone else painted of you in a reco, that is their problem, not yours.

I'm absolutely not about to censor those who want to recommend me because some other client might not be impressed.