Everyday life questions thread...

So this is a thread to ask questions about everyday life stuff.

Here's my question. I just bought a spray shampoo for my cats. It's kind of like a dry shampoo for cats. You spray it in, brush it in their hair, and towel dry. Now, I know that you're not supposed to wash animals hair too often. Do you think that it is different to spritz a little bit of kitty dry shampoo in the cats hair, rather than fully bathing them? They just lick themselves after anyway. I'm sure if it would hurt the cats it wouldn't be on the market. I don't want to hurt my babies.

Feel free to answer my question. Do you think dry shampoo for animals is different than a whole bath and shampoo? Do you think it's good or bad for their coats? Or do you think this is toxic?

pet-head.jpg

You can also ask your own question too.

For now my cats are running around smelling of blueberry muffins, hehe.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Its better to follow the manufacturers instructions to minimize the development of dermatius and skin issues.

I have the same for my dog. . I dont use it very often I dont wash my dog often either... honestly she does not smell bad... and yes the more you wash animals the more they smell, is a bit like with us... washing your hair too often, is not good either.. it inhibits the production of the natural oils that keep the scalp and hair healthy... I use this dry shampoo for the dog only if she happens to be out and get wet to take the wet dog smell of her... I dont particulary use dry shampoo on me... it is probably not bad.. but remember even regular shampoo or soap.. there is chemicals... some are better tha n others but still chemical so to be 100% safe... not really

• Like 1

Here's another silly question. Do you use at home box hair dye, or do you get your hair done in the salon and why? This is an ongoing debate on which is better. Which is better for you?

Click here for a link about this.

Or, what do you like better, automatic cars or manual cars and why? This can also be a debate.

Click here for more info on manual vs automatic.

Or, how about leasing versus owning your own car? Opinions?

Click here for another link.

Questions can be great conversation starters...

The questions can be as silly as you want. If you want to ask a question. Just have fun!! Also have fun answering these questions.

Edited by Guest

Guest N***he**Ont**y

If you are Incorporated it can be deducted as a business expense and if you travel a lot you can trade it in every year or two years.

If you are Incorporated it can be deducted as a business expense and if you travel a lot you can trade it in every year or two years.

Yes, I've been told that it's better to lease, if you have a business. Apparently, the government pays for the mileage and wear and tear. From what I hear, if you don't have a business, it's better to own. Thanks for the comment.

This sounds like a fun thread, Peachy. :icon_biggrin:

I don't have a clue about your first question, lol.

There are a lot of debates on auto vs manual car transmissions. Manual is supposed to be fun if you have a sports car. It is also slightly better on fuel consumption. Auto is of course much easier to drive especially in city driving when there are a lot of stops and goes. Personally, I like automatic simply for the ease of driving.

You have some good answers for owning or leasing cars already. Again, there are a lot of debates, and as you have mentioned, leasing is good for business owner for tax deduction purposes. At the end of the lease though, you do not have or own anything. For an average person who intends to keep the car for many years, buying it outright makes sense. On the other hand, if you lease you have the luxury of driving a new car every few years! And..that could be fun! :icon_biggrin:

Peachy's 1st question: (pet shampoo)

I am no expert but I think it is not good to bathe animals often and also not practical. If there is a spray, I would definitely follow the instructions ( as already posted) If your pet is outdoors, I think it is good to wipe them down often if for nothing else, to get the allergies of their fur before they work their way down to their skin. I would consider using a spray as I wipe them down at least on occasion.

Peachy's 2nd question: (hair dye)

Now Peachy darling.....You know me and you should definitely know that I have very little knowledge of any hair products. Wink wink.

Peachy's 3rd question:

When I was younger and drove sports cars, I enjoyed the manual transmission. It seemed cool and gave me more control over the vehicle. My understanding is that gas mileage is better in a manual as opposed to automatic. The downfall is that there could be excessive wear and tear on a transmission if not driven properly. A manual is harder for some people to learn and I have heard of stories where people parking a manual transmission vehicle forgot to engage the parking break and caused accidents. This is not as much of an issue in automatic.

My preference, if I have a sporty vehicle, I will want a manual. Otherwise automatic.

Peachy's 4th question: (lease or buy)

There are tax laws that make it beneficial to either lease or buy out right. The calculation is different.

Whether a business vehicle or personal vehicle:

If you buy, you can expect a larger capital pay out in the beginning of ownership. You will own the vehicle and recover some of the cost when you sell it. By leasing your payments would be less than if you took out a loan but once the lease is up, there is nothing left for you. Leases do have restrictions such as the number of Kms per year and there may be an additional cost should you exceed.

I have leased a few times. What I liked at that time, was that every couple of years, I am driving a newer and reliable vehicle. Very few repair bills as the warrantee usually covered the length of the lease.

My disclaimer is that I am no expert and bear no responsibility if any fellow cerbies make decisions based on my responses.