I have an Apt tomorrow and need some advice

The extra charge for Greek is not a tip; it is a service which, if agreed to by both parties, becomes part of the service fee. There is no embarassment in asking an SP who may provide the service if she is OK with it todayhe flow.She is the decider and you go with the flow..

Additional Comments:

The extra charge for Greek is not a tip; it is a service which, if agreed to by both parties, becomes part of the service fee. There is no embarassment in asking an SP who may provide the service if she is OK with it todayhe flow.She is the decider and you go with the flow..

Hey all,

Sorry for the silly questions but I am still a bit of a newby. I highly value everyone's input!

I have an apt tomorrow morning and I'm not exactly sure what to expect in terms of the SP wanting to know which type of service I am after. I have reviewed her 'menu' on a number of occasions and I feel I know exactly what I want however most SPs (this one included) do not discuss services or gratuities before the actual appointment.

To be a bit more specific, the SP I am seeing advertises Greek (YMMV) for an additional $100. How will she know there is an additional $100 in the envolope if I just don't come right out and tell her? To that end I find discussing the tip to be a huge turn off which is why I would prefer to have as many of the details worked out in advance as possible.

Can't wait to hear from you all!

H

Just be up front right from the get go....ease it into the conversation at the beginning of your session letting her know that you are very interested in visiting the island LOL...

I agree with Meg, you can just say ther extra fee is already in the envelope if she is okay with the extra. I guess you could always have two envelopes but that just too dramatic ;)

I agree, let her know in the beginning that you are interested in the tour.

You did mention that it was listed as YMMV, so even though you have the extra $$ it is something that may or may not be available during the visit.

good point Emily...it may be on the menu but not available during the meal. That is why communication at the start is paramount to a great encounter.

agreed. communication, helps a lot and puts everything in the open. that way there are no suprises.........

Hey all,

Sorry for the silly questions but I am still a bit of a newby. I highly value everyone's input!

I have an apt tomorrow morning and I'm not exactly sure what to expect in terms of the SP wanting to know which type of service I am after. I have reviewed her 'menu' on a number of occasions and I feel I know exactly what I want however most SPs (this one included) do not discuss services or gratuities before the actual appointment.

To be a bit more specific, the SP I am seeing advertises Greek (YMMV) for an additional $100. How will she know there is an additional $100 in the envolope if I just don't come right out and tell her? To that end I find discussing the tip to be a huge turn off which is why I would prefer to have as many of the details worked out in advance as possible.

Can't wait to hear from you all!

H

Well since my website mention greek ymmv add 100 and i don't really like explicit emails as my website mention it..I usually suggest to request in my booking form that you may be interested in greek..It is not too explicit..Just enough to let me know that you may be interested in that service if i can accomodate you (size wise the reason of YMMV).

When my website suggest that i don't want to talk about the service and anything explicit is that i don't find appealing and bad taste someone writting me an explicit email with his check list items.I think that reviews/recommendations do mention what service i provide and i do have a lexique page that mention which activity i may enjoy.

By your question i realise that i may modify my site and mention that if the person is interested in that service to mention it in the email or form so i am fully prepare at the time of the app since it is a ymmv and a service that need preparation

Thanks for the remark and my apology if my site was confusing regarding that concern

Hope this help!

VJ

If I were you in this situation I would arrive with 2 envelopes, one with the regular donation and one with the $100 for the greek. The gratuities will happen at the end, just like in a restaurant, so you shouldn't need an envelope for that.

Good luck on your adventure.

You should definitely specify beforehand that you would like to go for the Greek option. The earlier the better as most SPs put in a little extra "work" in order to prepare for Greek ;).

If I were you in this situation I would arrive with 2 envelopes, one with the regular donation and one with the $100 for the greek. The gratuities will happen at the end, just like in a restaurant, so you shouldn't need an envelope for that.

Good luck on your adventure.

Thanks! I was kind of thinking of doing what you mentioned but, again, acccccckkkkkwaaaard lol.... I got things all worked out thanks to you great folks!

H