Sluts... Why we love em!

Additional Comments:

So slut is defined as giving it out for free? But really... is that so bad too? I mean we all were not in the business from the beginning right? I refuse to give those worany negative connotation or meaning at all. I prefer using them as a term of endearment.. In fact, I like the sluts who do it because they don't get paid. I don't put myself on a pedestal because I get paid. I just have the balls to do it.. not everyone does.

We all think differently and I have been attacked for having my opinions so far but this seems perfectly acceptable. Using these words to empower myself are not from my generation and understand that in MY generation, sluts were those who were promiscuous and w's got paid for it long before I was ever in this line of work.

Never did I imply NOT being paid for it was bad but some members here decided to imply and twist my words and insinuate this or I was being above everyone else. That is not true and I have helped and support A LOT of ladies in my time and have been nothing but helpful. I have heard this not once but twice now by the same person that I'm supposedly above everyone else because I have certain opinions about things. Perhaps it comes across that way since I don't mince words but I don't think like that and I certainly don't conduct myself that way in my business either. This lies within the person reading it to feel that way, not how I'm making them feel.

Do I necessarily agree with the above bold statement I made a few days ago? In some ways, yes and in others, no. Part of my original statement that "Sluts don't get paid for it" is a statement I grew up with. It's what *I* know. If I solely believed in the above, I would be a complete hypocrite and no doubt that I wouldn't be a sex worker. Being in this line of work has also changed a lot of my views over the years about what I thought I knew about sex workers before being in the lifestyle.

And what I don't appreciate is that I have been completely and utterly criticized as a result for not agreeing with others views because they have immersed themselves in Women's Studies. My apologies for not being so current and up with the times ladies. And thanks for looking down on others who don't share in your views and be completely attacked for having differing opinions.

This also isn't just about a person's opinions, it was also HOW I was raised. I realize that I am quite a bit older than many who have different views, I do not have a degree in women's studies, I come from a very Catholic family etc and I don't believe in labeling. Is that so wrong to NOT be all of these things? Yet I have taken a lot of criticism for it in the last few days from those who do.

I enjoy sex but I don't think I need to call myself a slut to empower myself or take back what I think I have lost. It's as simple as that. Perhaps I don't understand this generation. And while I appreciate Slutwalks for violence against women and what it originally stands for, I don't believe in using the term "slut" to take it back or own it. Women should have the freedom of being "sx" ual" and also be protected against the violence and harassment surrounding it.

See it as you may..if you think I'm putting myself on a pedestal because I have different feelings so be it. That's HOW you perceive it. I just don't personally believe in labels. If a woman wants to be a slut or a ."w", get paid or not go ahead... but using these terms to identify ourselves just take us back a notch historically speaking. Imo, I find it counterproductive. Afterall, they are just words and do not define the true spirit of women and what we stand for.

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn
More insight to the issue.
  • Like 4

We all think differently and I have been attacked for having my opinions so far but this seems perfectly acceptable. Using these words to empower myself are not from my generation and understand that in MY generation, sluts were those who were promiscuous and w's got paid for it long before I was ever in this line of work.

Never did I imply NOT being paid for it was bad but some members here decided to imply and twist my words and insinuate this or I was being above everyone else. That is not true and I have helped and support A LOT of ladies in my time and have been nothing but helpful. I have heard this not once but twice now by the same person that I'm supposedly above everyone else because I have certain opinions about things. Perhaps it comes across that way since I don't mince words but I don't think like that and I certainly don't conduct myself that way in my business either. This lies within the person reading it to feel that way, not how I'm making them feel.

Do I necessarily agree with the above bold statement I made a few days ago? In some ways, yes and in others, no. Part of my original statement that "Sluts don't get paid for it" is a statement I grew up with. It's what *I* know. If I solely believed in the above, I would be a complete hypocrite and no doubt that I wouldn't be a sex worker. Being in this line of work has also changed a lot of my views over the years about what I thought I knew about sex workers before being in the lifestyle.

And what I don't appreciate is that I have been completely and utterly criticized as a result for not agreeing with others views because they have immersed themselves in Women's Studies. My apologies for not being so current and up with the times ladies. And thanks for looking down on others who don't share in your views and be completely attacked for having differing opinions.

This also isn't just about a person's opinions, it was also HOW I was raised. I realize that I am quite a bit older than many who have different views, I do not have a degree in women's studies, I come from a very Catholic family etc and I don't believe in labeling. Is that so wrong to NOT be all of these things? Yet I have taken a lot of criticism for it in the last few days from those who do.

I enjoy sex but I don't think I need to call myself a slut to empower myself or take back what I think I have lost. It's as simple as that. Perhaps I don't understand this generation. And while I appreciate Slutwalks for violence against women and what it originally stands for, I don't believe in using the term "slut" to take it back or own it. Women should have the freedom of being "sx" ual" and also be protected against the violence and harassment surrounding it.

See it as you may..if you think I'm putting myself on a pedestal because I have different feelings so be it. That's HOW you perceive it. I just don't personally believe in labels. If a woman wants to be a slut or a ."w", get paid or not go ahead... but using these terms to identify ourselves just take us back a notch historically speaking. Imo, I find it counterproductive. Afterall, they are just words and do not define the true spirit of women and what we stand for.

I am not criticizing you specifically.. i heard that same statement from numerous ladies. And fair you don't agree with slut being used in a positive way. I was raised in a conservative environment as well.. what i did do was teach myself to be empowered because I was tired of the same bullshit ideology of slut shaming in our culture. I CHOOSE to be sex positive, paid or unpaid. I love it all around. Nothing to be ashamed of here!

We all think differently and I have been attacked for having my opinions so far but this seems perfectly acceptable.

Nicolette, would you like to give specific examples as to where you were attacked and "completely and utterly criticized"? The only insults I see is this thread are coming from you.

In my personal opinion the word is very degrading, but it doesn't bother me.. Its very intriguing to see that the majority of the gent's calling these women sluts are/were the same ones looking for encounters from them.. Really? I then have to ask myself where did the gents more refined attitude towards engagement's go(hmm).. As for calling myself/anyone that name or any other derogatory name it wouldn't never happen as my attitude towards the matter has opened widely ever since I entered this business.. I think that anyone who feels the need to utter those kind of words to others is very small minded as well as insecure with something pertaining to their own personal lives..

Nicolette, would you like to give specific examples as to where you were attacked and "completely and utterly criticized"? The only insults I see is this thread are coming from you.

I received a not so nice pm the other day. It's not my intention to insult anyone and see it as you may. Peace out ladies.