Happy International Whores Day

I was not sure where to put this but this is very important for all of us

Today June 2nd it is International Whores Day !!! , we have our own holiday

I found some info here http://www.scarletalliance.org.au/events/2006_2007/iwd2007_harbour

Started in the 70s a group of sex workers made a sit in protest in thier local church about having police protection and equal rights to be sex workers.

I am so proud !!!

I found some info here http://www.scarletalliance.org.au/events/2006_2007/iwd2007_harbour

Started in the 70s a group of sex workers made a sit in protest in thier local church about having police protection and equal rights to be sex workers.

I am so proud !!!

You should be offering a red light special!!

I am so proud !!!

Happy International Whores Day!! Love it!! :bowdown:

I'm going to have a glass of wine to that "cheers" to all you beautiful, amazing and SEXY as hell Ladies!!

Lexy

Spaghetti alla puttanesca (Italian: literally, "whore's spaghetti") is a spicy, tangy, somewhat salty Italian pasta dish that culinary experts regard as modern. The ingredients are typical of Mediterranean cuisine.

Ingredients

• 8 ounces dried vermicelli
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
  • 1 can (2 oz.) anchovies, drained and minced
  • 1 1/2 pounds Roma tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 can (2 1/4 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
  • 3 tablespoons drained capers
  • 3/4 to 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes (optional)
  • Grated parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper

Preparation

1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, cook vermicelli in about 3 quarts boiling water just until barely tender to bite, about 7 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan, combine oil and garlic. Stir over medium-high heat until garlic is soft but not brown, about 1 minute. Mix in anchovies.

3. Turn heat to high. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, and hot chili flakes to pan and stir until tomatoes are hot, about 3 minutes.

4. Drain pasta and pour into a large bowl. Spoon tomato sauce over pasta and mix. Add cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.

It is a delicious dish... easy to make... and infinitely variable. I add chopped onions to mine, throw them in with the garlic to start it off!

They should probably change the word whore. At first I thought they were talking about politicians.

Spaghetti alla puttanesca (Italian: literally, "whore's spaghetti")

So, OD, do you know why it is called whore's spaghetti? Because the prostitutes were not allowed to shop daily so they had to throw together something with the ingredients on hand. The smell of this wonderful pasta would attract the gentlemen callers and thus increase their late night business!

(this is just one of many theories; it's my favorite explanation)

lol, i think it's a silly holiday but im brand new to the industry so what do i know

They should probably change the word whore. At first I thought they were talking about politicians.

lol, i think it's a silly holiday to have but im brand new to the industry so what do i know

lol, i think it's a silly holiday to have but im brand new to the industry so what do i know

you should look up the history of this holiday and maybe you will understand why it's so important.

Spaghetti alla puttanesca (Italian: literally, "whore's spaghetti")

So, OD, do you know why it is called whore's spaghetti? Because the prostitutes were not allowed to shop daily so they had to throw together something with the ingredients on hand. The smell of this wonderful pasta would attract the gentlemen callers and thus increase their late night business!

(this is just one of many theories; it's my favorite explanation)

Meg I knew that!!!! It is a fantastic tale and an even better dish. In Ottawa, one of the best I have tried is at Tosca's (O'Connor between Laurier and Gloucester) ... so tasty and relatively good for you (if you can discount the pasta and the olive oil!!!)

:exagerefesses:

Ohhh , my god I all most fell on my ass , reading this one !!

Additional Comments:

Happy International Whores Day!! Love it!! :bowdown:

I'm going to have a glass of wine to that "cheers" to all you beautiful, amazing and SEXY as hell Ladies!!

Lexy

I'll drink to that , I think a bunch of us should got together and celebrated .

On the Fact that we are Beautiful. Sexy .Intelligent . Classy .Woman

Cheers

Ladies

We're all Diva's