Can't believe it's cheaper to fly to Ottawa, or even over seas, then it is to fly home to the Yukon! Assholes :handjob::roll:

I can understand you being pissed ,

I can't see the "Yukon" , being a poplar destination .

Mind you .I'd love to visit

Does West Jet even go there ?

I can understand you being pissed ,

I can't see the "Yukon" , being a poplar destination .

Mind you .I'd love to visit

Does West Jet even go there ?

Nope! Westjet doesn't, but Air Canada and Air North do. My family and friends live up there, and that is my sole reason for wanting to go home. That and get away from "the business" for a few weeks. :-?

One has to understand that pricing is based on a number of factors, including the potential sprofit. Popular destinations benefit from volume, while less popular destinations have very low chance of volume sales and therefore the pricing reflects this. So in the end, you are not paying for distance, but volume. No different than other products/services. You are going to pay more for gas, hydro, etc. in places where it takes more effort to get the services there.

So, like it or not, it really is a matter of economics.

wait till july 1st when the hst hits , we are all getting screwed , time to move to quebec .

This trip is for AFTER July 1st, so I am getting billed HST now.

Additional Comments:

One has to understand that pricing is based on a number of factors, including the potential sprofit. Popular destinations benefit from volume, while less popular destinations have very low chance of volume sales and therefore the pricing reflects this. So in the end, you are not paying for distance, but volume. No different than other products/services. You are going to pay more for gas, hydro, etc. in places where it takes more effort to get the services there.

So, like it or not, it really is a matter of economics.

Totally makes sense, I just like to be grummpy about it:bddog:

I can fly to Vancouver for half the price of a ticket to St. John's. Considering the flights are always sold out its a bit unexplainable at times. Its like you get punished for wanting to go there.

I can fly to Vancouver for half the price of a ticket to St. John's. Considering the flights are always sold out its a bit unexplainable at times. Its like you get punished for wanting to go there.

some things will never make sense will they? Pricing these days *rolls eyes* Better start up my broom stick and I will be off :lol:

Posted via Mobile Device

Sometimes the case, but they can put business people and connnecting people on the Vancouver flights and charge a premium and then will fill the rest of the seats, often at a discount, to increase the total revenue, but really get the biggest bang from the business traveller.

No many business travellers going to St. John's, only vacationers and family visitors, no one prepared to pay a premium, so all pay more.

some things will never make sense will they? Pricing these days *rolls eyes* Better start up my broom stick and I will be off :lol:

Posted via Mobile Device

You can used my magic carpet .

l'm going away in in August I know what you mean

I need a holiday ,

We earned it !!

Hugs;