To Snip or Not to Snip?? That is the Question

Circumcize, or not  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Circumcize, or not

• Yes
    • No

It causes the head of the penis to rub up against things like the inside of your clothing all day, instead of being protected by the foreskin. This causes it to desensitize over time, and since it's where the majority of the nerves in the penis are, it makes sex less pleasurable.

So, in your opinion, men with circumcised penises don't feel as much pleasure???? I have to disagree... why would we be having sex if that was the case???? Like 777 said, it may desensitize over time, but that makes the experience last longer, stimulating the brain and making the overall experience very pleasurable.

Guest Alwa***Up

The only time this question came up for me was when I was adopting an older kid (6). He was cut and so was I so that was not a concern. The challenge was for another couple (Jewish) who were adopting a boy of similar age, who was not cut. The mother argued against it, saying that it was an out of date custom and there was no need to cut. My comment at the time (20 years ago) was that kid was likely going to go hang out with other Jewish kids as he grew up and adolescent boys (well may it last longer) have this thing about comparing genitals. Without being cut this kid risked taking some potentially nasty teasing and harrasment. I think in the end the parents agree to cut the child to protect him from this potential abuse. Tough call but I respect their integrety. That said, I agree with most, that is unquestionable the parents call and I can respect whatever decision is made. No one makes that decision lightly.

It causes the head of the penis to rub up against things like the inside of your clothing all day, instead of being protected by the foreskin. This causes it to desensitize over time, and since it's where the majority of the nerves in the penis are, it makes sex less pleasurable.

Sorry but that is not the case. The penis feels many sensations including pressure (tightness) etc all of which add up to the man's pleasurable sensations

The logic in your comment is the same as saying that if we want to retain our sense of touch in our fingers, then we should wear gloves all the time. Again, not the case.

Guest f***2f***

I can assure you that after a lot of years of rubbing against my clothing I am still very sensitive down there!:mrgreen:

First, congratulations on the soul you've chosen to bring into this world.

As for your question, I will infer that you are somewhat conflicted over the question you have asked, and for which you are receiving opinions.

My take on this matter:

You've chosen to bring the soul you are carrying into this world, therefore, your first task is to be its parent, which makes YOU accountable since in this matter, your son is not in a position to make the right choice(s) for himself -- yet.

I would imgaine that as a parent-to-be, you would hope that, at the very least, you will be successful in showing your son the difference between right and wrong, the constitution of a good set of morals and values, and how to make informed decisions. Doing those things would increase your son's chances at having a healthy, happy and fulfilling Life.

Male circumcision? I believe there is consensus that at infancy, there is no medical reason for doing it. (Later into adulthood? Perhaps; it depends on the reason.)

Final thought: If you choose the procedure for your newborn son, please be aware that if done at birth, it will be your son's first experience with purposely inflicted pain. Yes, this pain will pass; but it IS pain nonetheless. All parents make painful decisions for their children -- that's YOUR job.

There is no harm in seeking the advice and opinions of others. In the end, it's still your call. In your position, I would simply ask, "Does my newborn son NEED this procedure, and the pain that goes with it?"

Again, congratulations.

Guest S**r***e

I am circumsized and I have never had any issues with sex being less pleasurable. In fact I think in my case it might be the exact opposite.

I have a son, and I had him circumsized as well. This was only 5 years ago. I chose to do this based on the "like father,like son" comment before, also I had no idea how to take care of an uncircumsized one (Yes I probably could have read up on it) and I have known a couple guys who had to get circumsized later on in life for medical reasons (can't remember exactly what) and they said they wished they had been cut when they were a baby.

I think in this day and age there is going to be just as many uncut ones as cut ones in the locker room. In my humble opinion, its up to the parent and what they are comfortable with.

In my opinion, this procedure dates back to biblical times. Circumcision was a sign to show your commitment to God and all of God's chosen male children were to be circumsized. It was a major issue when Jesus opened the door to heaven for all people on earth because the new converts objected to being circumsized and rightly so cause a lot of them were men not children, therefore the procedure was very painful indeed. The early leaders of church debated the issue and decided it was not an obligation for new converts to be circumsized. Thank God.

Males should be circumsized only when there is a physical problem to be corrected in my opinion. It is natural to have foreskin and parents have to instruct their male children on how to keep clean.

Well thanks to everyone who has participated in this thread and shared their views and opinions. It is a very passionate topic and I apprecaite everyone's honesty.

I am still undecided... and I truly won't know what to do until I hold him and look into his little eyes and feel what he wants me to do. I have asked the universe for guidance on the matter, so the signs will present themselves when the time comes.

On a brighter note: my crib arrived and I am now putting the finishing touches on the nursery and I had my first appointment with a midwife, after waiting on a list for the last 6 months... lol. yay....

That's Penn and Teller's episode on Circumcision. There's only part 2 and 3 of it.

If you really are considering circumcision for your son, then I think you should watch that for some real information. Rather then the opinions you're getting on this topic.

They even explain the history why circumcision really takes place in North America.