Does the quality of pictures make a difference?

Guest Lep*******1**7

Having perused numerous profiles on Lyla and on other sites, one of the things that always surprises me is the differences in the quality of pictures posted. As the cliche says, a picture is worth a thousand words, so i guess a really bad photo is the equivalent to minus 1,000! That said, the pictures on Lyla are generally much superior to those on other sites such as BP.

I am a photographer and am therefore kind of taken aback when I see poor picture quality, largely due to: poor lighting, inaccurate focus, wrong angle and lack of thought for the composition. I do realize that a lot of ladies are taking selfies with their phones or hand-held cameras, but I wonder if it makes any difference to the men or ladies on Lyla how good the shots are.

Given my sensibility for images, I am kind of turned off by really badly composed pictures. I would prefer shots with a good degree of clarity and that flatter the lady, while giving us men enough information to decide, at least on a physical level, whether we would like to meet the lady or not.

The question of face pics has already been debated in another thread and I think the consensus was that the choice to post a face pic or not is totally up to the lady.

Any thoughts about how the quality of photos affects you?

Edited by Lep*******1**7
correct grammar

I am not looking for photography skills because when I am here, I am not hiring a photographer. All I want is a clear idea of who's going to open the door when I knock. So the quality of the photos only matters in terms of clarity. Some of things you mention are an issue if they keep from being able to tell what the lady looks like. But I am in not judging the photos on artistic merit.

I look at the ad picture quality from the practical point of view. The first and main requirement - photos should be real (I am not talking about CERB profiles here, the situation on the many other sites is very different).

And from this angle, bad photos have the positive side - they are real. But if the quality of the pictures is really bad they are not attractive and just useless.

If photos are " too perfect" the simple Google search shows often they belong to someone else and cannot be real. Such an ad cannot be considered seriously.

It is probably my personal experience but perfect photos make me suspicious. I prefer to see the real person and not the ideal image created by photographer's art (with all my respect to photographers).

Maybe I am wrong, just personal opinion.

For me the images have to be clear and show who I will be seeing. Some are so poor that I just pass by because I can't tell anything from the posted images. As long as they are clear and also show the lady the way she is, not liquified Photoshop version, I'm good. Of course I am more tempted by professional and more intriguing images than the selfie boob shot :)

I think it is safe to assume that a good photograph is very likely to attract the eye of more people...

Additional the photographs especially the professionally produced ones can be very effective in helping a lady establish the image she is trying to market.

I do find that things like professional photos and websites give me an increased level of assurance regarding the lady and does somewhat influence the likelihood that i will proceed with a booking.

Now all that said.... I have booked in the past with ladies with only selfies and no website but it is usually only after I have' done my homework and verified the lady.

Of course having great pictures and an amazing site does not guarantee a great booking... there is so many things that go into that not the least of which is the level of connection that is reached.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

For myself, not only the quality of the picture, but the overall quality in a person's messages, ads and website are very important. I take it as an indication of how sincere they are in this job.

Well I am not a photographer, I too have been very surprised by the lack of time some people take with their photos. Especially given the fact that free software is available out there which can do marvelous things if one takes the time to learn it.(One such program is: GIMP A full-featured, editing program which is completely free and available for most computers.) Even the software that comes with most cameras can do marvelous things with just a click or two,and the same can be said for the software in most cell phones. A lot of people don't know that they are carrying around a complete darkroom in their pocket.

When I see a very poor photo I often find myself wondering if the person really wants to be in this line of work. While on the other hand, if it is evident that thought and effort has gone into their presentation, that speaks volumes in their favor.

PatrickGC

• Like 1

As I said in another thread, some will want pro photos some will want selfies and so on. No matter what a person provides someone will comment to the quality, sound, site etc, of what is provided and suggest doing something different or better.

I've given up listening to what others say or want because everybody has different wants and expects different things, no one can please them all and I'm happy with what I have. I have been approached by numerous gents wanting to take pro photos but I still stick with my selfies. If I'm judged on their quality, oh well. I have an iphone 4 that's what I use for my photo's and they seem to bring in my required amount of clientele and no one who has seen me has voiced any disappointment so why fix what works. To those who may turn away because of my photo's, oh well. I'm obviously not into the latest technology gadgets . I put my money into my dogs and other animal causes.

• Like 3

What it all boils down to for me is:

Is "sincerity conveyed" in the person's representation of themselves or the business they represent. As I mentioned above is an amalgamation of things.

My above post did not properly express this, and I apologize to CristyCurves and anyone else for that. It was not meant as a critique of any single aspect of a person's equipment or expertise.

Please accept my public apologies if anyone has felt in the least slighted, and feel free to post publicly or send me a note privately.

Sincerely, and with regret.

PatrickGC

• Like 1

What it all boils down to for me is:

Is "sincerity conveyed" in the person's representation of themselves or the business they represent. As I mentioned above is an amalgamation of things.

My above post did not properly express this, and I apologize to CristyCurves and anyone else for that. It was not meant as a critique of any single aspect of a person's equipment or expertise.

Please accept my public apologies if anyone has felt in the least slighted, and feel free to post publicly or send me a note privately.

Sincerely, and with regret.

PatrickGC

Patrick all you did was voice your opinion, which I always look forward to hearing. No need to apologize. You are always the perfect gentleman, thank you for taking the time . It's my opinion that you are one of Lyla's most interesting, non-biased, articulate and informed posters so I appreciate your view whether it sides with mine or not. Differing views and opinions are what make a discussion interesting and sometimes teach some of us something new. Please never feel that you shouldn't state yours freely.

• Like 1

Guest M***ell***A

As I mentioned in a different thread I use both selfies and pro pics. I'm curious about something along the same lines as quality affecting your decision to see someone or not I wonder if more artsy photos discourage or entice? I love artsy stuff! That is immortality to me, living on forever as art. I know, vain again but at least I'm honest about it! Some may even consider black and white photos to be too much on the artsy side for advertising/promotion.

So I guess my question is this, as well as the quality of photograph are you more intrigued by or more leery of ladies who use more artistic photos?

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question or not, apologies if I'm bringing this off topic!