How does society expect a client to behave in this industry?

Finally while I am sure there are clients out there looking for a "free flesh market where the best inhumane deal could be made, akin to drive through!" I am not sure it's all that fair to paint that picture of all hobbyists.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I just wanted to clarify she didn't say "all" hobbyists.

I will say thank you to Miss Jane for her honesty. It is hard for some to accept or hear of such negativities, but sadly they do exist. To what degree I can't say as I have no statistics.

I can say all the while I was running/working for services the majority of my experiences and those relayed to me by the women I worked with were not the most pleasant and were as Miss Jane spoke. The majority of clients then were simply interested in banging the youngest cutest girl for the least amount of $$, those are facts. It wasn't until I joined cerb, now Lyla, that I learned things to be different. I learned that there were respectful gentlemen interested in meeting with genuine women. That one didn't have to be guarded, cold or aloof. We (companions), too could enjoy a date and it could be a fun, respectful and reciprocal engagement. So I slowly began to realize that "clients" were "hobbyists" which are men, like any other men, who just seek occasional fun. It's funny, when you look at something in a positive light it then becomes so. I still occasionally run into an ass or two, but thanks to my better understanding and education of this business I can better deal with and ignore them knowing although they still exist so do the good guys.

• Like 1

I just wanted to clarify she didn't say "all" hobbyists.

I will say thank you to Miss Jane for her honesty. It is hard for some to accept or hear of such negativities, but sadly they do exist. To what degree I can't say as I have no statistics.

I can say all the while I was running/working for services the majority of my experiences and those relayed to me by the women I worked with were not the most pleasant and were as Miss Jane spoke. The majority of clients then were simply interested in banging the youngest cutest girl for the least amount of $$, those are facts. It wasn't until I joined cerb, now Lyla, that I learned things to be different. I learned that there were respectful gentlemen interested in meeting with genuine women. That one didn't have to be guarded, cold or aloof. We (companions), too could enjoy a date and it could be a fun, respectful and reciprocal engagement. So I slowly began to realize that "clients" were "hobbyists" which are men, like any other men, who just seek occasional fun. It's funny, when you look at something in a positive light it then becomes so. I still occasionally run into an ass or too, but thanks to my better understanding and education of this business I can better deal with and ignore them knowing although they still exist so do the good guys.

I also am thankful for Miss Jane's post as I actually think it is good that we talk about these issues openly...

Positive change only comes from open thoughtful discussion with many perspectives shared that influence and inform the dialogue and help form a best path forward. We learn from hearing the perspective of others...

In regards to Miss Jane's comment about what hobbyists want... I accept that her experience informs her opinion and therefore it is her reality but similarly my reality as a hobbyist for 20 plus years is that I have never seen "my" participation in this hobby in the way she describes and think it is valid to express that... you are correct she never said "all hobbyists" but to be accurate she also did not say "Some" or "Most".

Like I said...I like the diverse dialogue... we are all better for hearing other opinions.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 3

This discussion is heading toward the root of the matter. What must change in the public's mind is what comprises the makeup of a client and what is acceptable behavior. Just as certain galleries except artwork only on the highest caliber from clients who can meet their standards. This is how the definition of "client" much change for this industry. Making it clear that there is an expectation of etiquette, awareness and decency which the prospective client must meet. Abuse of any kind would not be tolerated and would be a source of shame for the client. In other words, clients would have to meet standards.

However it seems to me, that in the modern world, we are moving in the other direction. Where every bazaar impulse is being glorified. Just look at the media and the number of reality TV shows. This is actually why I started this thread, because I hope the industry and community through dialogue can affect in a positive way this trend. Good clients out there should help mentor society to change in their beliefs.... there's a thought. A client mentorship program. Not based on shame, but rather, cultivating the best human standards. Good guys, we need you to come out of the closet, to help change the experience for everyone.

PatrickGC

• Like 1