I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but a lot of people will ask an SP if they are 'open minded', and a majority seem to think that the meaning is that she will do basically anything and everything.

Most of the times for the girls I know in this business and myself, when the first question asked 'are you open minded?' that usually leads to a list of graphic questions....Not always, but most of the time :P

This is the actual definition on google

"open-minded"

[oh-puh n-mahyn-did]

Spell Syllables

Examples Word Origin

adjective

having or showing a mind receptive to new ideas or arguments.

unprejudiced; unbigoted; impartial.

So to the ladies and gents on here, what is the definition for having an open mind in this industry? Would love to hear your feedback :D

Also, I would like to add that being asked for a 'menu' is a huge turn off! I'm not a restaurant and everyone is different! I always go with the flow and everything should happen naturally :D

xoxoxo

• Like 3

I have always felt that being and saying one is open minded meant that you were more liberal in ones thinking, non-judgemental and more accepting towards non-conventional ideas.

As far as being asked about menu's. Some, I find are still not aware of the changes in the laws, believe it or not. Others just don't care and will ask whatever they choose, those are the ones that bother us the most and that most want to avoid. Little one can do to educate them as they live by their own rules and apparently don't read. Best to just hang up when those questions are asked.

There will always be those clients who'll talk to you with respect, treat you like a whole person, who won't divide you into parts and those who'll treat you like a commodity or a piece of meat, this is just part of the business.

• Like 3

Open minded, as I use it, means that I am open to many different kinds of experiences and interactions. Even if I am not into said experiences or provide them, I offer a safe non judgmental environment in which to ask or discuss. It also means that if something does interest me, I'm willing to explore it and see where it leads. I have always seen "party girl" as the term for anything goes.

I try to approach everyone and everything with an open mind and no prejudices or biases. I give people the benefit of the doubt. To me it means inviting someone to be themselves with few expectations or structures.

One thing I find about those who ask about "menu" is that they seem to be more into whatever act they want than the person providing it which in itself can sometimes be a screening tool. I much prefer to have a conversation about likes, dislikes and boundaries in the context of life than be asked for a menu of services.

• Like 2

I'm glad you started this thread Mirella. I always thought that if someone said they were open minded it meant that it did not matter if you were a man, woman or couple, straight or bi, as long as everything was discussed before hand. You are not here to judge and are willing to partake into some activities that might interest you.

Funny how we all see it in a different view. Can't wait to see what everyone else will reply.

• Like 3

Oops, I never saw that thread! Thank you Gabriella, I will have to check that out! I completely agree with all the comments that have been said!

I have had in the past the open minded question and then have the person shocked when I say no to something(it was something unsafe that no SP or anyone should do unless they are in a monogamous relationship) I agree with the menu question too, some guys will copy and paste the same question to every girl trying to get the most for the cheapest... No joke I had a guy who booked a time and everything after I already said the donations and at the very end of the conversation he said "well I hope you understand but I only can spend $40, I'm a student and don't want to spend a lot and you're so hot and sexy and seem very sweet and understanding.." I ignored him and he texted back saying he's 'really cute and fun' and I won't regret seeing him. hahahaha he must be a comedian :P

• Like 1

Being open minded is something I will always be. If someone introduces something new to me, I can't flat out say no. If I haven't tried it or experienced it I can't find myself saying no to something. Just because someone asks about something I've never tried, I would be 100% open to it. I might do a bit of research and ask questions so I know what it is all about.

Only time I say no to something is if I've tried or experienced it and I didn't enjoy it, I usually give a brief explanation to the person so they understand why.

Being asked to be honest about things in this field of work I am comfortable doing. Better to be informed and straight than not and run into communication issues down the road with clients.

• Like 3

The term open-minded plays into the fantasy that advertisers using it are more experienced and therefore more comfortable offering a wider variety of options and activities, from couples, to accommodating fetishes, etc. This is not necessarily true, however, at minimum it should mean that any topic of concern, any desire one might like to explore, can be broached with the provider in a tolerant and understanding environment, without being judged for having that particular bent. Far more than not, I believe that to be the case. Beyond that, the term is used too widely to be useful as a predictor of outcomes, the correlation may be fairly non-germane. What matters today, as before, is still communication, communication, and communication.

What it definitely does NOT mean is that personal safety boundaries can be negotiated away with someone that claims to have an attitude more "open to suggestion". Dangerous or undesirable activities can still be discussed without judgment, but it is still at the discretion of the provider whether a particular activity will be permitted.

A segment of the client population will always try to get maximum mileage and I don't purport to be able to change their behaviour or to speak for anyone else. If you do the proper research, as has been outlined in many forums on this board, and look for a provider that appeals to you by looks, body type, style of advertising (or whatever factors it is for you), and you get that initial chemistry on contact , then you're likely to have a very satisfying experience, regardless of any specific terms used.

Just my nickle's worth.

• Like 5

the words 'open minded' seem to conjure up in a guys mind (not all of them, just some) that I am willing to accept and do anything they wish and want.

Not the case.

Open minded is not something I put into my advertisements, because I would end up with someone that didn't ask enough information to find out exactly what I do offer.

Sorry, but I don't allow you to stick a baseball bat (an actual bat) up my ass to see how far you can stretch me out while my ankles are duct-taped to my wrists! (yes someone actually expected this!)

With the advent of c-36, a lot of information is no longer available on our websites. We have had to resort to letting you know verbally what we do and do not offer.

Open minded, to me, is that I am open to requests that you may have.

It means that I may be able to provide a service that you are requesting. I am open to listening and letting you know if it is something I provide or not.

(and no, I don't provide certain services just because someone else does, but I do offer some services that others don't provide)

Way too often a guy would expect me to provide b b f s, or accepting drugs in exchange for time just because I used the words 'open minded'.

I don't do that for anyone.

I provide a lot of different things. I have a few restrictions. There is a reason my 'hour' is a little longer than an hour, I want to know what you are truly seeking when you get here.

Certain things can't be discussed over email or text, but once you are here, or I am with you, those requests can be known.

Items like how I can dress for you, a scenario you would like to play out, these are definitely items that can be taken into consideration when planning time with me.

But to assume that any lady with do anything, just because the words 'open minded' are there, you could be in for a rude awakening.

Take the time to look at what a lady has in her ads, try reading between the lines to get a feel for what she offers.

Contact her in the manner she wishes, don't be rude or condescending, and get to know if you will be a match or not.

Almost all of us are open minded, we may try something we never thought of before, it never hurts to ask, just be polite about it.

• Like 5