Music for Massage

What is your favourite music to listen to while getting a massage? I enjoy Portishead, Loreena McKennitt, Morcheeba, and Enigma. I used to enjoy Moby but it was overplayed for myself.

Vangelis, Brian Eno, David Arkenstone and Ray Lynch... You can find them at the local library and listen them to first... it's relaxing and well... keeps my mind at bay when getting a massage.

I was going to suggest the Buddha Bar collections I think there about 8 now but Vulcan beat me to it!

Bringing your favourite massage mix to your next massage session is always a great gift, one of my best ones is a mix a client made me!

What is your favourite music to listen to while getting a massage? I enjoy Portishead' date=' Loreena McKennitt, Morcheeba, and Enigma. I used to enjoy Moby but it was overplayed for myself.[/quote']

Not necessarily music, but the sound of waterfalls, birds, etc.

There's some great collections of nature sounds with some very slow and trance-like synth thrown in. And anything with crystal singing bowls or Tibetan singing bowls are lovely.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest N***vaga

Something instrumental and relaxing, preferbaly without lyrics. Catchy music during these moments can just ruin it for me. Mind you once the flip hanpens it can all change and be more lively.

Vulcan I like your style.... As with everything it is a very personal choice. But for me, I can't stand the "waterfall, ocean, seagull, thunderstorm, rainfall, chanting" type relaxation music. Drives me crazy!

I had a couple of sesssions long ago at Acqua where the MPA put on her favorite hip-hop compilation (I am not even a huge fan) but she got so into it, the sessions were fantastic!

Another pet peeve is when it is the same music every time at the same MP. Change it up!!!

Call me crazy, but something hard and aggressive would do me better, my regular days are filled with slower, more mellow sounds, when I am with a provider, something with an edge is a better fit.

Guest w******o**a

When I've given massages, the music that I've used are the following and since I'm a guy they might not work as well if a woman is giving a massage to a man lol:

Diana Krall - great Canadian female singer

Sade

Aled Jones

James Blount ( I must say he's pretty funny as well)

Il Divo

Mozart and Chopin

Enya - a given

Alex Cuba

Ephrem J or other slow mellow bachata/salsa music (adds a nice latin flair to the massage and brings it back to the sun and the beach)

Soundcreator

Quietvillage

Sunlounger

I put together a mix of these different artists to give it a nice mellow relaxing vibe throughout the massage.

I have others that I've used as well

Be good my friends and allow the music and your hands to flow :rolleyes: