cancelling

Guest n*gu**6

Talking to a SP tonight who had someone cancel just 10min before their date. While I don't know the whole situation, as to why the sudden cancel, unless it was a car wreck on the way, he probably knew before that he was gonna cancel...C'mon guys, I think we can try to show a little more respect to these ladies than that. Especially when some SPs do not book multiple dates, you just succeeded in taking away their income for that day. To cancel that short notice is pretty lame. We can do better... my rant for the day.

Posted via Mobile Device

That's really not good. I only ever cancelled once and it was a date booked months ahead and cancelled weeks ahead. I still felt badly about it. :(

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

I know what you mean Mrnice2, I've had to cancel myself (though i prefer to say postpone because I intend to reschedule) but as soon as I knew, I told her so there were days of notice so I did hold an appt another client could take. Hopefully she had opportunity to rebook and not lose the day. It's respect, plain and simple. Everyone deserves that.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest D***el B***e

I've had to cancel on a few occasions because of legitimate reasons and as I've posted before on other threads, I tend to be a big tipper and a very respectful gentleman. Soooo even if I cancel I still pay the lady the full rate. I don't believe she should lose her wage because of my issues. Thank you Interac, you've been a wonderful friend!!! lol

unfortunately, these things happen a lot.

When someone cancels 10 minutes before they are supposed to see a lady, that lady:

- has taken the time to book you

- has taken the time to get ready for you

- has turned away someone else, perhaps, since you have her time booked

- is now losing an income that cannot be replaced

These 'last minute' cancellations are brutal.

Obviously, serious issues come up, and those can certainly be overlooked. Someone getting into a car wreck would certainly be forgiven by a lady, as that is beyond your control. Being called into work, another compounding issue.

I have had some whopper excuses in my time in this business, most of them incredibly unbelievable.

I'll give you an example.

Someone, outside of the community of Lyla, that consistently books me, has so many car accidents that he shouldn't be allowed to drive!

Do I believe it when he says it? NO, I just don't book him anymore.

Another guy's mother passed away, three times, guess he's not seeing me either.

Things are going to happen that can't be helped, but please be respectful of the time and effort that a lady puts into reserving your special time with her.

We cannot always have someone else that may be able to take the booking, so it is lost income to us.

Think of how you would feel if you walked into work and the boss said he couldn't come in to work today so he's not paying you. It's the same principle.

If you cannot afford to see us, don't book until you can. This way you are not wasting your time or ours.

• Like 4

I always knew this was an issue but I'm sorry to hear how prevalent it is. Life does have a way of throwing curve balls at you, however I find it hard to believe that there was that little time to let the lady know, and so often. 10 minutes notice is only marginally better than not showing up at all.

My work schedule is a bit unpredictable at times which is why I don't like to book that far in advance. I don't want to be that guy who has to cancel all the time. So far I have only ever had to cancel once. I came down with the flu a couple days before the date but I was still able to give her 2 days notice. (I figured that even if I was feeling better by then I wouldn't want to chance giving it to her.)

That being said, I have also had 2 occasions where the lady had to cancel that day on me. Both were good reasons and I certainly didn't hold it against them. The point is though that sometimes the unpredictable can happen. Everyone should simply do their best to be as respectful of the other's time at all times and give as much notice as possible in the event of a change.

And if you really can't give her more than 10 minutes notice, be prepared to offer some compensation. It's only fair. Email transfers are pretty easy these days.

• Like 1

Whats worse than that is showing up to date and the phone goes cold all of a sudden. You might think that someone got cold feet, but when it then happens twice in a row and the person starts making it clear they are trolling you and just sending you on a wild goose chase... well, sort of makes you lose your faith in humanity.

• Like 2

I actually posted about this in the thread about turn offs for ladies. I would rather a cancel then a no show. I had a gentleman that found me through this site book for a 2 hour appointment. Since I only book 2 hours on my available days that meant letting others that messaged after know I wasn't available for that day anymore.

I am an independent so I work hard to build my reputation on this small island I call home. I now have a gentleman that thinks I'm "just playing" because I've had to tell him I wasn't available the three times he messaged. That is bad for my reputation.

On top of that, the gentleman that booked the 2 hours was basically a no show. I had to travel to get to where he was staying. He had told me the hotel the day before but as he hadn't checked in yet he didn't have the room number. I travelled to the city and messaged to get the room number but no answer. I waited close to an hour incase he was thinking his time zone not mine when we booked the time but still no answer.

So I'm out the fee from him, the fees I could have made, travel cost and I have a dent in my reputation with at least one person because of this. And it's now 4 days later and not even a message to say sorry or even attempt to explain.

So yes. I would rather a cancel with a crazy excuse then radio silence no show.

Moon

Your friendly curvy BBW on PEI.

• Like 1

Worst for me was when had an appointment with a lady that was setup by text on the previous day at one hotel but she had moved to another hotel and didn't tel me...so I end up going to the room, after texting to confirm the time and length of visit. At first she was sending messages to wait another couple of minutes but then when I knocked on the door, no reply so that's when it really got awkward...me in the hotel hallway knocking on the door and her saying where are you! Fortunately for me there was nobody in the room where I was knocking and she was able to schedule a new appointment with someone else but my appointment was cancelled. Lesson learned, don't assume that everything stays the same because everything can change.