Cupcakes For All The Ladies!

So I've read a few disturbing threads the past few days where some of the ladies, long time and cherished members all, have had to tolerate truly idiotic, cowardly, deceptive, unforgiveable, disrespectful and borderline criminal behaviour. These ladies put themselves at a lot of risk and are under constant vigilance for their own health and safety. And they manage to do it with a smile on their faces and often making the men enjoying their company feel better. They sometimes entertain while in a bad mood, when they're having a bad day, they make time for us and often go out of their to go add that extra little touch. On one of these other threads, one of the ladies offered a cupcake to make someone feel better and I think that's a damn fine idea. For my part, I'll be bringing cupcakes to any CERB members I visit in the future and I encourage and suggest other CERB hobbyists to do the same. A small gesture to prove to all the great ladies who put up with us how important they are.

Great idea! I recently received a muffin with a birthday candle on top and the client sang me happy birthday. It was very uplifting.

As for cupcakes, remember to add frosting and sprinkles on top!

Someone I know mentioned that they found the best cupcakes in Ottawa. So this being a recommendation board, I would like to recommend the cupcakes from the Flour Shoppe, which is on Bank Street, in the Glebe, closer to the Queen's way side of the neighbourhood.

Here is the link:

http://www.theflourshoppe.ca/

Enjoy!

Guest S**a*Q

OMG Cupcakes

OMG! Chocolate...

OMG!!! CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES!

Hehehe. Best thing next to... well you all know ;)

Eons ago, while in college, the cafeteria had fresh muffins brought in everyday. Cheddar cheese....omg they were to die for especially for someone who enjoys savory flavours as opposed to sweet! (Damn chocolat allergy!)

I like carrot cake with cream cheese icing please :) or zucchini bread with walnut.. or lemon poppyseed.. morningglory.. well they're more muffins than cupcakes.. did you know they call them fairy cakes in the UK?

Carrie ..... You eat way to healthy..

I wish I could get into the same Bad/ good habit

"Fairy Cakes" that too cute !!

I like carrot cake with cream cheese icing please :) or zucchini bread with walnut.. or lemon poppyseed.. morningglory.. well they're more muffins than cupcakes.. did you know they call them fairy cakes in the UK?

Carrie ..... You eat way to healthy..

I wish I could get into the same Bad/ good habit

Are you kidding? those are all loaded with sugar.. I actually can't eat them anymore.

Hows the Tim Horton

Hole grain Raspberry muffin

Healthy or not , because I love them

Are you kidding? those are all loaded with sugar.. I actually can't eat them anymore.

Additional Comments:

Hows the Tim Horton

I worked at Tim's once upon a time, and nothing on their menu is low calorie. Even the healthy sounding stuff is high fat/high calorie. One single little timbit is a minimum 70 calories! Whole grain is great, but when it's made with processed wheat flour, kinda pointless. If I wanna eat bad, I'm gonna go all-out with a decadent cupcake or mousse!

Posted via Mobile Device

A woman I work with sometimes brings in free pastries from Stabucks (she works there part time as well) and I must say, also having worked at Tim Horton's years ago, I trust Starbucks far more. You pay more but I find your getting what you pay for.

Yes, I worked at Bux, too. Man, their pastry is good! Not too healthy, though! My Achilles' heel was a chocolate chip cookie heated up. Melty gooey goodness! Though did you know that all of Bux pastries are made in Seattle and shipped to distriubution warehouses frozen? It doesn't affect the food quality, I got so disillusioned with the food industry... now I only trust local bakers.

Posted via Mobile Device

Good point. I have to admit I am becoming the same way about fresh fruits and vegetables. Walk into a supermarket and virtually all their produce is a product of somewhere else. It has become almost impossible to buy locally unless your at a farmer's market. But that cookie sounds great.

100 mile diet. You can have bins of produce delivered to you weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. But I love going to farmers markets!

Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have any suggestions for produce delivery? I ask because a friend of mine joined a club and promptly threw out the first basket because of the condition the fruits and vegetables were in when he recieved the basket. I don't know what company it was. And it would have to include seedless grapes. There my candy.

It looks like all the opinions/suggestions on cupcakes have been said so my contribution to this thread will only be in addition to what Diva said, having the pleasure to know Lowdark I confirm he is a true gentleman with a huge heart always trying to help others, so Lowdark, as a thank you to your great idea here's a smile for you :)

Lowdark...... You are sweet gentleman , with a kind heart !

Heres a soft gentle kiss just for u :grin:

Hows the Tim Horton

Just because it's whole grain doesn't mean it doesn't have tons of sugar in it as well..

The best thing for me is to make my own and that way I can sweeten it with actual fruit instead of honey/molasses/sugar etc..