Current Issue with SPAMMERS on cerb!!

Ok, Someone has figured out how to get past our moderation...

I am not sure how yet but the spammers have been able to post some SPAM posts and somehow bypass the MODERATION QUEUE.

If you see these posts please DO NOT click on the links and DO NOT reply to them.

Simply click the REPORT THIS icon on the posts.:-?:-?

I'm sure you know already, but I'll give my 2 cents.

Did you try anti-spam hacks for VBulletin? I use vbStopForumSpam and it 99% eliminates forum spam/spammers/bot registrations (even though we can't compare the amount of traffic CERB gets compared to my personal forum).

Just throwing in my 2 "little" cents.

Athana

we have a number of things installed. apparently this is something new none of the anti spam stuff can stop yet. I am sure it will be addressed and a patch will be issued shortly.

the systems we have in place do stop 99.9 %. and up until yesterday 100% has been stopped in the last year since we had the last big spam problem.

how they get past the moderation queue is what bothers me. that means they are using some exploit we are not aware of yet and that has not been patched.

newer versions are buggy and all of our features (plugins and custom code) are not compatible so we would loose most of the features. a friend has upgraded his site to 4.0 and has had nothing but nightmares so that is not even an option at this time.