Deep Frying Hints, and Recipes

Hi. I finally got myself a Deep Fryer, One of the only cooking appliances that I always wanted but didn't have. I got a nice fryer. Have only used it for one day so far. I made French Fries, apple fritters, potato chips and fried chicken. Everything came out great. The Fryer is a T-fal model that has a automatic filtration option. Easy to use and it filters the oil to a container underneath the fryer. The filtered oil looked very clean.

Was looking for hints and tips on to use the fryer properly. Best oil to use. How long can I reuse the oil, your best recipes.

I know that many of you like to cook and would like to get some great tips and recipes from you guys.

I know it's not healthy, but everything taste better fried ? Right :)

Kid's want me to make deep fry Mar's bars. Anyone ever try to make some?

Let's see some of your favourite recipes :)

Thanks in advance for any tips or recipes that you post :)

i also have a deep fryer and like using it but i use it out in the porch then you don't have the smell of the grease all threw the house 1 of the best things i bought, love french fries cooked in it home made not the frozen ones

• Like 1

Possible to use the deep fryer to make turkey !??

Hmmm yummy (Drooling thinking of..) deep fried Oreos !!

Well now first thing I do when I get home tomorrow ... Heading to Canadian tire for a deep fryer

Haha thanks someguy !! Haha

no recipe as I have to watch my cholesterol but just a tip to use peanut or sunflower oils (higher smoke point)

I don't think I'd deep fry a turkey unless it was cut up into parts to account for differing times it takes to get white/dark meat to correct internal temperature

I prefer to spatchcock my bird and cook low/slo on the BBQ

• Like 1

Possible to use the deep fryer to make turkey !??

Hmmm yummy (Drooling thinking of..) deep fried Oreos !!

Well now first thing I do when I get home tomorrow ... Heading to Canadian tire for a deep fryer

Haha thanks someguy !! Haha

you can get a fryer that you can do a turkey in but you for sure would have to be outside i've had it before i find i dry

• Like 1

ARANCINI!!!!

So great, they are also awesome cold for breakfast the next day.

This is the closest I found to the recipe that was handed down to me from the old country. I don't deep fry it (don't deep fry anything), I use olive oil in a saucepan but you can deep fry it as well. we also add a couple of frozen peas inside with the cheese.

This is a special occasion food for us.

Also very important for frying is make sure your oil is up to the proper temperature, if it's not hot enough, whatever you're frying will absorb the oil.

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/david-rocco/arancini.html

cq5dam.web.616.462.jpeg

• Like 1

just made some tiny donuts. Trying to make the little donuts you find at fairs or the midway's. You know the ones you buy freshly made by this machine. And then roll it in powdered sugar and cinnamon . Yummy .

found a recipe on the internet, seemed easy enough. made about 3 to 4 dozen donuts.

instead of donuts with holes, most of them looked like timbits :)

However when they were warm and covered with sugar or cinnamon, they just melted in your mouth. about 30 of them disappeared in minutes.

Going to have to make these again. they were delicious .