...citizens have to keep up the pressure for a repeal of all the bad Harper legislation...

The Liberal victory, at least for me, is bittersweet. I can't help but wonder what things would be like had the SCC decision on prostitution laws come down this December, as opposed to when Harper was in power. I've seen articles stating that the Liberals would repeal C-36, but as others on the board have stated, it's likely a low priority. As such, they would likely spend little, if any political capital on it. If that assumption is correct, we are stuck with a bad law until it is challenged.

However, it's a brand new day with a new government in power. I hope Justin proves me wrong and does implement concrete change by repealing, or amending C-36. At the very least, they could refer it to the SCC and let them decide. I'm still optimistic that Trudeau will do the right thing, helped along by continued pressure and reminders from us, the people. Justin would do well to remember the words of his father - "The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation!"

Just my opinion...

Additional Comments:

Ok this is wierd... I meant to say the bedrooms of the nation. For some reason it won't let me edit it! *lol*

Additional Comments:

Ok... so I guess the "B" word is censored too! :icon_razz:

• Like 2