I'd like to know what will happen to us sp's and clientele.

Will the canadian laws that began December 2014, finally be altered to benefit everyone? Keep us in safer situations and keep the nasty "daddy's" off the street.

It's a burden to have people you saw often dissapear because of fear and dread of action by law enforcement.

I hope trudeau makes the best of it and changes our country into a more "canadian" place, with the land and the free.

-Jessi

I'd like to know what will happen to us sp's and clientele.

Will the canadian laws that began December 2014, finally be altered to benefit everyone? Keep us in safer situations and keep the nasty "daddy's" off the street.

It's a burden to have people you saw often dissapear because of fear and dread of action by law enforcement.

I hope trudeau makes the best of it and changes our country into a more "canadian" place, with the land and the free.

-Jessi

It is my belief that a great deal of what will happen to us as far as the law goes is now in our own hands, as opposed to the way it was more than a year ago. At that time the law was being forced through at hearings that used false evidence, ignored and belittled sex workers, ignored the ruling of the Supreme Court and fell sway to right wing evangelists and at least one branch of feminist thinking.

I started a thread a few days ago with little reaction to it entitled Decriminalize Now - A Suggestion. I shall add to that thread today but if we do want any change in a timely manner there is only one legal way to do so and that is through Parliament.

I agréé with Danielle, legalizing Pot Is the least of my concerns also-in fact I think its a horrible idea! I have always felt This Is a Gateway Drug, and for the Next génération, to grow up thinking its ok to use drugs- Is devastating! I too, like Danielle, would not want my Daughter using it, and thankfully she hasnt-graduated with honors and now attends university! In my opinion, legalizing This, Is only playing With Fire

Guest st*****ens**ors

I think that the decriminalization of marijuana would be a good move, if not the full legalization. Policing the growth and distribution of a herb that grows just about as easily as parsley takes a huge amount of time and resources for LE, and the cost of prosecuting and incarcerating offenders is nothing short of astronomical. A friend who works at a maximum security facility in Ontario estimated that nearly 30% of the inmates in his crowded place of work were there for mj related offenses. I don't use, and have no interest in using mj, but its negative social implications seem rather slight to me when compared to alcohol.

Greater assistance for post secondary education (not just university) is a must, I think. The European nations that have free post secondary education have strict performance requirements for enrollment; if you're just loafing you are shown the door. The recent Ontario move to make post secondary free for students from low income families will be interesting to watch as it unfolds. It's probably harder to manage equitably than a blanket policy.

Very interesting thread.

Expect a GST increase in the first budget to help pay for all his promises

I thought the "PAY-TOLL HOV" lanes are paying for some of these items??...